Welcome admin !

It is currently Fri Oct 20, 2017 1:11 pm
Pathway:  Board index Resources Zen Links & Contacts Blogs

The Lobster in the Tank

The Lobster in the Tank

Postby Eunsahn108 on Sat Jun 17, 2017 5:09 am

Eunsahn Citta is a priest in the Five Mountain Zen Order and Abbott of One Mind Zen in Northampton, Mass.
http://onemindzen.org
Eunsahn108

Re: The Lobster in the Tank

Postby bokki on Sat Jun 17, 2017 9:08 am

far from a rant, i think this is impressive.
Thank You

further
"One day, Zen Master Man Gong sat on the high rostrum and gave the speech to mark the end of the three month winter retreat. “All winter long you monks practiced very hard. That’s wonderful! As for me, I had nothing to do, so I made a net. This net is made out of a special cord. It is very strong and can catch all Buddhas, Patriarchs and human beings. It catches everything. How do you get out of this net? Some students shouted, “KATZ!” Others hit the floor or raised a fist. One said, “The sky is blue, the grass is green.” Another said, “Already got out; how are you, great Zen Master?” From the back of the room a monk shouted, “Don’t make net!” Many answers were given, but to each Man Gong only replied, “Aha! I’ve caught a BIG fish!” So, how do you get out of Man Gong’s net?"

(From ZM Seung Sahn, via Kwan Um School of Zen website)

lol very impressive
Thank You
Another log on the fire,
10,000 frogs singing in the rain
burst into flames

-Linda Anderson, aka LA Chef
bokki

Return to Blogs