It is currently Wed May 24, 2017 9:07 am
Pathway:  Board index Resources Zen Links & Contacts Podcasts & Audio Portals

Zen Meditation Planet on YouTube

Postby ZenBeliever2 on Wed Apr 05, 2017 10:03 am

Hello :)

Last week I found out about this channel on YouTube:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC1CzNw ... k9Fc1u7-uA

I am wondering if you listen to its songs? If so, what do you think about it? For me it is a great way to relax, this music makes me quiet and soothing. Does it do the same for you?
ZenBeliever2

Re: Zen Meditation Planet on YouTube

Postby lobster on Wed Apr 05, 2017 10:34 pm

ZenBeliever2 wrote:Does it do the same for you?

No! :hide:

I am a deviant.
Prefer silence but fear even that can be noisy with my restless mind .... :hugs:
lobster

Postby ZenBeliever2 on Mon Apr 10, 2017 9:28 am

He he he :D Nice reply

Perhaps there is someone who likes it? I'd appreciate other people opinions ;) Even another negative ones - say why/why not ;)

Please share with us what you think about this channel. Perhaps we can talk about Zen or meditation in general.
ZenBeliever2

Postby jundo on Mon Apr 10, 2017 11:10 am

Even another negative ones - say why/why not

Well, if you insist, thank you for making this, and if it is merely a project done from the good will in your heart, then the world can always use a little more prettiness and sweetness. If it is a volunteer public service, I will leave it there.

However, if it is a commercial venture, then my review is the following ...

I see the word "Zen" thrown on without much connection beyond being hodge-podge "Eastern spirituality", and "Zen" used just as a label attached to new agey images and thin meditation recommendations and equally thin yoga mats far removed from Zen Practice, with saccharine spacey music and astrology. Names of Zen ancestors are pasted there accompanied by quotes not actually always theirs or out of context, and the whole thing is perhaps more than a bit fluffy. It is a new age "I'm okay, love and chakra" hodge-podge of the type that seems to have some attraction these days (do you have a video on the spurious "Force of Attraction" too?) for many in the suburbs.

So, I would not call it "Zen Meditation Planet" at all, and it is rather a shame that you call it that. These days, folks just stick the word "Zen" on something vaguely spiritual, like the air-filled soap bars at the Whole Foods.

However, I am sure that there is a market for this kind of thing, and that you are making good money if it is a commercial project.

You can print my review on your webpage if you would like, no charge.

Gassho, Jundo
Founder Treeleaf Zendo, Japan. Member SZBA. Treeleaf is an online Sangha for those unable to commute to a Sangha, w/ netcast Zazen, interaction with other practitioners and teachers & all activities of a Soto Sangha, fully online without charge (http://www.treeleaf.org) Nishijima/Niwa
jundo
Teacher

Postby ZenBeliever2 on Tue Apr 11, 2017 3:39 pm

Wow. Seriously there is a Zen soap? :D Or did you make that up? :D

Thank you kindly for such elaborate and precise opinion :) It's appreciated.
ZenBeliever2

Postby lobster on Wed Apr 12, 2017 4:46 pm

There is indeed commercial Zen soap.

I use a similar type of cleansing to wash my mouth out before speaking or blowing bubbles . . . :tee:

Zen and Dharma is used to sell everything from Buddha beer to Buddha Bar musak to noodles.

In the words of the Buddha (or it may have been Neo)
I used to eat there. Really good noodles.
:>.>:
lobster

Return to Podcasts & Audio Portals