Welcome admin !

It is currently Sat Aug 19, 2017 2:40 am
Pathway:  Board index Resources Zen Events

Solstice sit

Share and list upcoming or annual events.

Re: Solstice sit

Postby Michaeljc on Sat Jun 27, 2015 10:47 am

Thanks for the dune recording Fuki
Michaeljc

Postby fukasetsu on Sat Jun 27, 2015 10:48 am

Michaeljc wrote:This annoys me. Its from the camera hard drive Today I realised what I must do = use a remote microphone

Good idea, I sometimes use the recording audio function on the dumbphone, works ok but a wireless microphone would give much better results.
Differences are never in opposition.
fukasetsu

Postby fukasetsu on Sat Jun 27, 2015 10:49 am

Michaeljc wrote:Thanks for the dune recording Fuki

Thanks Mike, anytime :)
fukasetsu

Postby Michaeljc on Sat Jun 27, 2015 10:54 am

Sea birds have distinctive calls. It is not commonly known that birds of one species develop accents according to location, like us humans. Take them to a new location among 'foreigners' and they adapt over time
Michaeljc

Postby fukasetsu on Sat Jun 27, 2015 11:24 am

Michaeljc wrote:Sea birds have distinctive calls. It is not commonly known that birds of one species develop accents according to location, like us humans. Take them to a new location among 'foreigners' and they adapt over time

When I take walks with my mom I always enjoy the 'silence' in nature, so when finally her minds rests a bit from the daily noisy conversations people have in their head, then she starts to ask all the time "what bird is that?" and I always say, "an early one" or "don't know" or "a bird" etc etc

I never recognise the species from different calls (apart from some obvious ones), nor does it interest me, I just enjoy the singing at heart.
It's funny when peoples minds finally calm down a bit they hear noises they weren't conscious of before (like birds or the sound of wind through the leaves) but then they start to objectify "bird" and "sound" .... for god's sake, those minds never stop moving!

Years ago it used to cause vexations thus I got the same delusory arisings, it's so funny (practical) to observe, and humorous

"Speech is blasphemy, silence a lie. Above speech and silence there is a way out."
~I-tuan
fukasetsu

Previous

Return to Zen Events