Welcome admin !

It is currently Sun May 28, 2017 7:34 pm
Pathway:  Board index Zen Discussion Forum Zen Practice & Philosophy Zen Buddhism

Meditation Techniques

Discussions of Zen Buddhism in all shapes and sizes.

Re: Meditation Techniques

Postby fukasetsu on Wed Jul 27, 2016 3:57 pm

L,

I do not admire a butterfly or scorn a fly
there is no advanced practise but those are
the sign of the fruits of practise.

To reach that maturity you need a change in attitude first.
I suggest you read about dependent arising (origination) and the 8 winds
to understand your vexations a bit better, I see no value in talking about meditation now.

Best of luck.
Mijn Oude Vriend uit de woestijn begrijpt geen Nederlands. <3
fukasetsu

Re: Meditation Technique

Postby Caodemarte on Wed Jul 27, 2016 4:36 pm

As far as I know Zen does not divide zazen into types. There are other sects which do and find typology more useful than the Zen sect.
Caodemarte

Postby Avisitor on Thu Jul 28, 2016 3:02 am

Wow, when I saw the thread, I thought that maybe people actually had something to say about different techniques
Instead there is a ranting about being Muslim and not being able to follow Zen.
Actions speak the loudest. Being here and posting ... enough said.

Joe does what he does cause that is who he is
What more can one person ask of another?
Thanks Joe

And everyone else who posted here were only trying to help
Standing up on a soap box and shouting at others ... isn't the way to make friends
Just spectators ...

:coffee:
Disclaimer: There is no intent to be offensive in my posts. None was intended and none should be interpreted as such.
Sorry, got a message that I was not being PC.
Avisitor

Postby Nothing on Thu Jul 28, 2016 2:03 pm

Lunar,

Everyone here gave you good advice, so it would be of help to re-read them carefully and try to put those advices into practice. :)

Although there are not advanced practices as Fukasetsu said and that zazen is not divided into types as Caodemarte said, from the relative point of view of the practitioner we can talk about meditation practices that are given from the teacher to the student at the beginning and later when the practice matures. For example counting the breath and awareness of the breath can be considered beginners practices and hua-to and silent illumination advanced, but for the practitioner who practice any of the above mentioned practices, it is neither advanced nor beginner practice, but the right practice for him in accordance with his/her conditions/ conditioning at that time. And if practiced with diligence there is natural ''progress'' so it becomes more ''advanced'', which is nothing more than fruition of that practice.

All the best :Namaste:
"There is no vestige of a beginning, no prospect of an end" - James Hutton
Nothing

Postby Lunarious1987 on Thu Jul 28, 2016 7:05 pm

Thanks fukwesetsu.
Thanks Joe (finally you gave me a good advice).
Thanks nothing (so much is obvious).

Peace

BTW, Buddhism says hold you palm open. I do not clench my palm but do "tiger fist". Since I have it half open half closed. I believe. Since I chose friends and enemies carefully. Right now I got only one real friend, my Sufi friend. He doesn't have much time, but I am satisfied.

Peace
- Don't be thankful to be righteous. Be righteous to be thankful.
- Shia: "We are the friends/owners of proof, wherever it bends we bend."
- Imam Hussein was once asked: what is affluence? He said : Decreasing your wishes , and being satisfied with what is enough for you.”
Lunarious1987

Postby Lunarious1987 on Thu Jul 28, 2016 7:21 pm

Tiger Kung Fu style

The Tiger is the lord of the land/realm. It is the King of the Animals, King of the mountain. The Tigers natural, easy fluidity hides it's ferocious power and dominance. Armed with deadly claws, sharp and strong jaws, the Tiger style is one of Simplicity, Directness and Power. Very simple, honest and direct, strategies and actions.

Dominating, controlling, powerful, frontal, larger than life, Tigers rely upon their size and the explosive force delivered by their short, thick muscles, clarity of mind, rightness and purity of spirit to achieve their needs and wants. The Tiger does not need to defend, it is the ultimate predator. It has no evasion techniques, no blocking or defence. In any confrontation it leaps into attack going for the quick and direct resolution of the conflict. It does not have the stamina, inclination or need for enduring and prolonged fights, hunts or teaching (cubs, other Tigers) activities.

The Tiger uses any simple and direct approach. It's techniques and methods are easily understood with not a lot of strategic thinking or planning; and absolutely no preparation. The Tiger is purely reactive, instinctive and dominating. Either the world is OK or not and then the Tiger will do something immediate and sudden.

https://www.shaolin.com.au/KF-Tiger.html

Although this is who I am, i have gotten captured (or about to be killed) and am losing power quickly, I said, I have been in compulsory treatment for 10 years or more or 7 years, and I have suffered alot. I am about to be extinct, like all tigers.
- Imam Hussein was once asked: what is affluence? He said : Decreasing your wishes , and being satisfied with what is enough for you.”
Lunarious1987

Postby Caodemarte on Thu Jul 28, 2016 9:56 pm

Be aware, that inadequate as you may feel our advice has been ,we all wish you well. Be healthy.
Caodemarte

Postby Lunarious1987 on Thu Jul 28, 2016 10:36 pm

I feel OK. It is just Joe whom was like an irritating fly :PP:
Lunarious1987

Previous

Return to Zen Buddhism