Welcome admin !

It is currently Fri May 26, 2017 3:56 pm
Pathway:  Board index Zen Discussion Forum Zen Practice & Philosophy Practicing Zen Buddhism Without a Teacher

Creativity

A place to share and discuss the practice of Zen Buddhism without teachers. Debates about whether practicing without teachers is possible or desirable are not appropriate here, nor are criticisms of Zen Buddhist practice with teachers.
Forum rules
A place to share and discuss the practice of Zen Buddhism without teachers. Debates about whether practising without teachers is possible or desirable are not appropriate here, nor are criticisms of Zen Buddhist practice with teachers.

Creativity

Postby TTT on Thu Aug 20, 2015 3:16 pm

Hello.
I usually dedicate merit after sitting meditation. Most of the time i dedicate thet with criativity in mind. Somthing like "by the Power of the merit thet i have created". I will contine do thet, but my question is, is this a good way to make this sort of "practis"? I have thought about it some. Eny anser is good enought, thanks.
Spring time
TTT

Re: Creativity

Postby fukasetsu on Thu Aug 20, 2015 3:19 pm

Whatever comes from the heart is fine, afterall we practise for all beings, so may by the merit of our actions all beings attain swift awakening.
Mijn Oude Vriend uit de woestijn begrijpt geen Nederlands. <3
fukasetsu

Postby Guo Gu on Fri Aug 21, 2015 4:02 am

ttt,
it's a good general practice to continue doing that.
what's your doubt?
be free,
guo gu
Founder and teacher of Tallahassee Chan Center of the Dharma Drum Lineage of Chan Buddhism
http://www.tallahasseechan.com/
Received inka from Master Sheng Yen (1930-2009) in 1995
Guo Gu
Teacher

Postby Linda Anderson on Fri Aug 21, 2015 4:23 am

TTT,
Dedicating the merit is a wonderful practice... to put it more simply, it's a simple giving back of our blessings. So when I do that, I simply give back/dedicate my presence in the moment... it's not a mental or conceptual thing... it's more like a simple recognition of those out there who could share in my space. Merit is the word most typically used for this... or we could simply say that I am sharing my practice with others. Not to make too much of it, just caring for the world... like sitting with a friend when they need it.

linda
Not last night,
not this morning;
Melon flowers bloomed.
~ Bassho
Linda Anderson

Postby TTT on Fri Aug 21, 2015 5:26 am

Guo Gu wrote:ttt,
it's a good general practice to continue doing that.
what's your doubt?
be free,
guo gu

Thanks.
I made this question becouse i qustioned if its a correct, or good, way to dedicate this sort of merit?
Spring time
TTT

Postby lobster on Sun Aug 23, 2015 8:41 am

TTT wrote:I made this question becouse i qustioned if its a correct, or good, way to dedicate this sort of merit?

Sounds like a good plan :p:

If you have any left over save it for your self ... Or me ... I need all the merit you can spare :hide:
lobster

Postby TTT on Mon Aug 24, 2015 6:51 am

Post by lobster » Sun Aug 23, 2015 8:41 am

TTT wrote:
I made this question becouse i qustioned if its a correct, or good, way to dedicate this sort of merit?

Sounds like a good plan :p:

If you have any left over save it for your self ... Or me ... I need all the merit you can spare :hide:

merit is what?
Spring time
TTT

Return to Practicing Zen Buddhism Without a Teacher