Welcome admin !

It is currently Sun Sep 24, 2017 2:21 am
Pathway:  Board index Zen Discussion Forum Beginners Questions Forum

What are the difficulties in your practice?

For beginners there is no such thing as a bad question. Feel free to ask any and all questions here. Member's responses should be made within the "beginner's mind" perspective.

Re: What are the difficulties in your practice?

Postby desert_woodworker on Wed Sep 06, 2017 9:55 pm

Lieutenant-Commander Marcel,

fukasetsu wrote:Thanks Joe, listened to the first 6 minutes.

Er-r, so did I. :lol2:

(as we say, "... Guess you had to BE there!" Nah, it's really pretty good stuff, in some ways, for some people).

:rbow:

--Joe ( ;) )

(I'm a Ch'an devotee, well-baked into the cake, what else can I tell ya. The discursive approach leaves me lamenting about all the traditions where "discursive" is standard -- not in Ch'an. Sure, a "personal problem", let some people say). :lol2: ;) :) :heya: :tongueincheek:

p.s. Howdy, Marcel, from the Old West. Some people think "The West" is "The NEW World". I got news for 'em... . :O:

p.p.s. The Late Jim Morrison (1943-1971) of the rock band, "The Doors", had some things to say about it --

He said, well..., "Let me tell you about Texas radio, with a Big Beat...":

(I'm not a drug-taker; don't get me wrong. And I don't recommend it. But, "stars" I relate to, ...tho' the young Jimbo here says there are 'none': Bal-O-ney-y!). And, no sir, "WE is not 'stoned'; nor "immaculate". We are original Human beings. No stoned, no 'immaculate', and no lack of stars "added", thank you very much. But, no thanks. Been there; didn't do that. Breathe... . Breathe again. -J. ;)
desert_woodworker

Postby Linda Anderson on Thu Sep 07, 2017 5:32 am

zenci and dear ones....

zen practice can be as simple as this....

Ryla and Rachel.jpg

Ryla, doggie nature of Buddha, shown above died last week. It was her time... she was a service dog and breeder of many fine pups who went on in serice to their masters.... my dear friend Bill and tenzo assistant, was her lifelong caretaker who supported and loved her in the stages of her life. She was a well-loved companion in the zendo.

Ride on Ryla :ghug:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Not last night,
not this morning;
Melon flowers bloomed.
~ Bassho
Linda Anderson

Postby fukasetsu on Fri Sep 08, 2017 12:31 pm

desert_woodworker wrote:(I'm not a drug-taker; don't get me wrong. And I don't recommend it. But, "stars" I relate to, ...tho' the young Jimbo here says there are 'none': Bal-O-ney-y!). And, no sir, "WE is not 'stoned'; nor "immaculate". We are original Human beings. No stoned, no 'immaculate', and no lack of stars "added", thank you very much. But, no thanks. Been there; didn't do that. Breathe... . Breathe again. -J. ;)

Love the doors, my brother often used to joke when he visited and I had the doors on as often in my stoned days he said;
"why are you smoking a joint, I get high just listening to this" :lol2:
Everyone for President!
fukasetsu

Postby fukasetsu on Fri Sep 08, 2017 12:33 pm

Linda Anderson wrote:zenci and dear ones....

zen practice can be as simple as this....

Ryla and Rachel.jpg

Ryla, doggie nature of Buddha, shown above died last week. It was her time... she was a service dog and breeder of many fine pups who went on in serice to their masters.... my dear friend Bill and tenzo assistant, was her lifelong caretaker who supported and loved her in the stages of her life. She was a well-loved companion in the zendo.

Ride on Ryla :ghug:

Thanks for your service Ryla, you got and gave what you came for now have fun playing in another dimension.

:Namaste:
Everyone for President!
fukasetsu

Previous

Return to Beginners Questions Forum