Welcome admin !

It is currently Mon Oct 23, 2017 2:25 pm
Pathway:  Board index Zen Discussion Forum Beginners Questions Forum

About Practice

For beginners there is no such thing as a bad question. Feel free to ask any and all questions here. Member's responses should be made within the "beginner's mind" perspective.

Re: About Practice

Postby jundo on Sat Mar 04, 2017 2:30 pm

desert_woodworker wrote:Josh,

If you're still with the board, the discussion of a "Baker's Dozen" of Ch'an and Zen ( & Son; and Thien) Buddhist practices began at this juncture:

http://zenforuminternational.org/viewtopic.php?f=64&t=11265

All the practices are synergistic. All are prob. necessary to include, and in the proper context (with teacher and sangha), as is traditional and efficacious.

Yet, of the practices, our zazen is taken (and given) as the sine qua non. But, which other(s) among the practices is not, also, if one wishes to wake up, and fulfill our Bodhisattva vows? Well, one can't know, in advance. Thus, go with the program. There's much true Wisdom and much true Compassion in it and behind it.

Oh, I suggest this to all reading, here, if there's interest.

rgds,

--Joe

I posted something in response to this ...

styles/synapse/imageset/icon_post_target.gif

I will say that, when sitting Shikantaza Zazen, this Zazen is all Practices in the world, and there are no other Practices.

Rising from the cushion and getting on with life, all actions of life can be Practices, and all Practices are Zazen.

Gassho, Jundo

SatToday
Founder Treeleaf Zendo, Japan. Member SZBA. Treeleaf is an online Sangha for those unable to commute to a Sangha, w/ netcast Zazen, interaction with other practitioners and teachers & all activities of a Soto Sangha, fully online without charge (http://www.treeleaf.org) Nishijima/Niwa
jundo
Teacher

Previous

Return to Beginners Questions Forum