Welcome admin !

It is currently Fri Jun 23, 2017 2:51 pm
Pathway:  Board index General Buddhist Discussion Theravadan Buddhism

The consept of religion

Discussion of Theravada Buddhism in the light of Zen.

The consept of religion

Postby Lunarious1987 on Thu Dec 01, 2016 3:02 am

Allah is known as the owner of the religions day, a day in the future when Allah will justly and mercifully distribute goods and bass across the people. Religions, not Islams. Although Islam is the only religion Allah will accept for his slaves. Christians and Jews do get into paradise too. So Allah is the owner of the religions day. Buddhism included.

But Buddhists are considered neutral people, worthless in means of struggel and combat. Buddhists don't have a natural consept of struggel and therefore their religion is not acknowledged.

However, our conesptions, all religion of heaven and hell is the same. Islam says that Allah will punish the disbelivers in hell eternally and it is locked down on them, then can't get out. A sister religion of Islam is Eizeedy (i translate it). They say that an Angel, a fallen Angel called Taous (peacock king angel, was in hell and cried for 7 or 70 000 years and as a consequence he broke out. What do we gather of this compared to Buddhists notion of hell? Well, you are reborn (Allah creates and caues to die, and repeats) and is you have bad Karma, then you will suffer alot, therefore hell will be locked on down on you, but if you do some superhuman feat like Buddha peace be upon him did, then you will get out of hell be sheer will or power.

Rebirth exists folks. All Masters agree on that, those who disagree Imam Medhdi and Jesus will forcefully kill. They are a few causing a alot of chaos and deviation, they tempt people whom are so vulnerable. They themselves are ordinary and don't deserve titles as Teachers or anything honoray. Allah, does not negotiatie.

Peace
- Don't be thankful to be righteous. Be righteous to be thankful.
- Shia: "We are the friends/owners of proof, wherever it bends we bend."
- Imam Hussein was once asked: what is affluence? He said : Decreasing your wishes , and being satisfied with what is enough for you.”
Lunarious1987

Re: The consept of religion

Postby Michaeljc on Thu Dec 01, 2016 8:00 am

Some peace you proclaim - it could not be further from Buddhism, which you claim to understand

I just now shouted out to the hills at the top of my voice: "Allah does not exist!" (My wife thought I was going crazy)

I will take my chances with the hell you describe

I have lived immersed for months within the most orthodox Muslim communities on Earth

I know first hand the good and the BAD. Want me to tell some stories? Lets start with all the women locked away only to be occasionally seen waiting for a bus, completely covered up, hunched up, looking at the ground and facing away from any man. Hundreds of men in the town, not a women to be seen. A staff member's mother would make dinner for me occasionally. I was not permitted to meet her in person to give thanks. Then there was that girl in town carrying a baby. She had no head and face cover - the only one I saw throughout 6 months. She had been ejected and was begging. Who gave her that baby? Where was he?

I do too remember the days of orthodox Catholicism which in many ways was no better

Move on brother, no one listens here

m
Michaeljc

Postby Lunarious1987 on Thu Dec 01, 2016 10:03 am

Hakuin got a baby from a whore once, he embraced him. Then the girls family returned to get the baby when they found the father. Are you trying to trick me with your story about the girl and the baby? I trust muslims and chose to not trust you.

Peace
- Imam Hussein was once asked: what is affluence? He said : Decreasing your wishes , and being satisfied with what is enough for you.”
Lunarious1987

Postby Avisitor on Fri Dec 02, 2016 5:17 am

Michaeljc wrote:Move on brother, no one listens here

m

Buddhism is about seeing for yourself the truth
And if someone says that the mind is grass and tree
Then who am I to say it is not

Note: yeah, I know what you mean :coffee:
Disclaimer: There is no intent to be offensive in my posts. None was intended and none should be interpreted as such.
Sorry, got a message that I was not being PC.
Avisitor

Postby [james] on Sat Dec 03, 2016 12:37 am

Lunarious1987 wrote:But Buddhists are considered neutral people, worthless in means of struggel and combat. Buddhists don't have a natural consept of struggel and therefore their religion is not acknowledged.

Neutral, centered, equanimous. The concept of struggle arises in the First Noble Truth. The decision of whether to struggle with the truth of dissatisfaction and suffering arises in our individual perception of struggle as an appropriate or misguided response to Dukkha.

Rebirth exists folks. All Masters agree on that, those who disagree Imam Medhdi and Jesus will forcefully kill.
Peace

Why is your speech so often violent?
[james]

Postby fukasetsu on Wed Dec 07, 2016 2:29 am

Lunarious1987 wrote:Rebirth exists folks.

Only for the ignorant, Allah is also only for the ignorant, Buddha too.
Mijn Oude Vriend uit de woestijn begrijpt geen Nederlands. <3
fukasetsu

Postby fukasetsu on Wed Dec 07, 2016 2:33 am

[james] wrote:
Lunarious1987 wrote:
Rebirth exists folks. All Masters agree on that, those who disagree Imam Medhdi and Jesus will forcefully kill.
Peace

Why is your speech so often violent?

ppl who say stuff like that are just afraid about their own existence (self-grasping) No one kills anyone and everyone kills everyone, its just ideation BS based on scripture due to fear.

Luna should visit me, I will kill all his concepts about himself, his Allah and Buddha, and when he's completely dead we can start making him aware of his breath, until then anything he reads from whatever religion will only enhance the ignorance. Dont forget 99% of the times ppl turn to religion based on hope/fear. Folks who do not understand their own nature start preaching to "others" death, hell, rebirth, killing and all that, just because they dont have the balls to dig deeper into themselves ;)

I mean if you cant find clean water and give up you talk about how filthy your neighbours water is.
fukasetsu

Postby Lunarious1987 on Thu Dec 08, 2016 1:11 am

You are not my brothers, just humans.
Lunarious1987

Postby desert_woodworker on Thu Dec 08, 2016 2:32 am

Lun.,

Better that you reside at some other site, devoted to a religion you respect.

This site is devoted to Zen Buddhism, and treats other facets of Buddhadharma too.

--Joe
desert_woodworker

Postby Lunarious1987 on Thu Dec 08, 2016 5:18 pm

This is wrong,
Lunarious1987

Postby macdougdoug on Thu Dec 08, 2016 5:27 pm

Most probably; as per usual when we pick and choose.
macdougdoug
Global Moderator

Postby [james] on Thu Dec 08, 2016 10:15 pm

Lunarious1987 wrote:You are not my brothers, just humans.

Sorry to hear this Dhamma brother
[james]

Postby fukasetsu on Fri Dec 09, 2016 1:48 am

What I appear to be to you only exists in your mind. :heya:
fukasetsu

Postby fukasetsu on Fri Dec 09, 2016 1:56 am

Lunarious1987 wrote:This is wrong,

Call it a wedding ring and you won't recognize the gold call it a statue of a horse and the granite is hidden.
fukasetsu

Postby Humbaba on Fri Dec 09, 2016 10:37 am

Lunarious1987 wrote:However, our conesptions, all religion of heaven and hell is the same.

Funny, I would have thought that what is different are our concepts of religion and that if something is to be identical it ought to be the essence.

Mahayana has a big thing about non-dual thinking. In other words, the transcending of characteristics such of black and white, short and long, good and bad, etc. The same applies to you and I, object and subject, as well as to the concept of something and what that concept stands for. Which means that there is a difference (and/or identity ;-)) between a concept of religion and religion.

While on the spiritual level, non-dual thinking is important, paradoxically, on a practical level, the separation of religion and politics proves to be important. As long as Muslims insists on mixing the two in order to use religion for political aims, they will not find peace.
Humbaba

Postby desert_woodworker on Fri Dec 09, 2016 3:16 pm

Lunarious, Mustafa, or whatever appellation he goes by or answers to lately, is in his wrong place, I'd say.

There must be websites for discussion of his favorite religion. Or maybe he's been kicked-out of those, too.

Moderators of ZFI have been scarce here, unfortunately (just non-present, it seems).

If a new moderator assistant is needed, I'd volunteer, and ask for competent training in procedures and policies.

:Namaste:,

--Joe
desert_woodworker

Postby Lunarious1987 on Sat Dec 10, 2016 9:16 am

desert_woodworker wrote:Lunarious, Mustafa, or whatever appellation he goes by or answers to lately, is in his wrong place, I'd say.

There must be websites for discussion of his favorite religion. Or maybe he's been kicked-out of those, too.

Moderators of ZFI have been scarce here, unfortunately (just non-present, it seems).

If a new moderator assistant is needed, I'd volunteer, and ask for competent training in procedures and policies.

:Namaste:,

--Joe

Why do you say Lunarious, Mustafa, or whatever? Why are you belitteling me? It is not important for me that you are jealous, but please (i dont mean it) dont bring it out on me that you are jealous.

I am discussing something which is in touch with every religion, Islam and Buddhism particularly.

No go and offend someone else.

Peace
Lunarious1987

Postby Lunarious1987 on Sat Dec 10, 2016 9:28 am

Humbaba wrote:
Lunarious1987 wrote:However, our conesptions, all religion of heaven and hell is the same.

Funny, I would have thought that what is different are our concepts of religion and that if something is to be identical it ought to be the essence.

Mahayana has a big thing about non-dual thinking. In other words, the transcending of characteristics such of black and white, short and long, good and bad, etc. The same applies to you and I, object and subject, as well as to the concept of something and what that concept stands for. Which means that there is a difference (and/or identity ;-)) between a concept of religion and religion.

While on the spiritual level, non-dual thinking is important, paradoxically, on a practical level, the separation of religion and politics proves to be important. As long as Muslims insists on mixing the two in order to use religion for political aims, they will not find peace.

Islam is true Mahayana. Because we won't rest until there is peace all over. It is not enough that we only have peace. The moment religion and state are separated, the purpouse of religion is defeated. Becaues if one dominates then it will eat the other one. Islam united these things. Unity is important in islam. One pointedness. Much like non-dualism. But on the other side. We believe in what we call mufaddal, preferred, that is we prefer to intake milk instead of blood. No there are some whom disobey their nature and want to take blood instead of milk, but why consider milk and blood the same? For you.

Peace
Lunarious1987

Postby Lunarious1987 on Sat Dec 10, 2016 9:34 am

[james] wrote:

Sorry to hear this Dhamma brother

Humans like me.
Lunarious1987

Postby desert_woodworker on Sat Dec 10, 2016 1:25 pm

L., M., or whatever appellation,

Lunarious1987 wrote:Why do you say Lunarious, Mustafa, or whatever? Why are you belitteling me?

Ah, thanks, yes. The names are not your names. And we saw that when you posted under the alias "Mustafa", you were banned here and at other sites for offensive conduct and for infractions of the Terms of Use (TOU).

No, I hardly think that you are the injured party.

I suggest you may find your true brothers elsewhere, on sites that feature the religion you respect. This site is devoted to Zen Buddhist discussion, and other Buddhadharma. Trolls are never welcome.

--Joe
desert_woodworker

Next

Return to Theravadan Buddhism