Welcome admin !

It is currently Sat Oct 21, 2017 3:05 pm
Pathway:  Board index Welcome to Zen Forum International Feedback & Support

Anonymity and Trolling.

For constructive feedback and support questions concerning ZFI.

Re: Anonymity and Trolling.

Postby PeterB on Fri Sep 13, 2013 8:20 am

Anirukta wrote:
PeterB wrote:that my interest is in the views and experiences of those in a personal relationship with recognised Zen teacher.

But those others may serve on the forum just as a background.. Upon which those in a relationship shine. Isn't such a background noise useful in any way? :lol2:

PeterB wrote:Just as in the tradition I follow my interest is in those who have a personal relationship with a Staretz.

Cool word "Staretz". Means, of Russian Christian asceticism, like the one presented by Феофан Затворник (Feofan Zatvornik), in his "ПУТЬ КО СПАСЕНИЮ" work (Put' Ko Spaseniyu). Right?

A ) Not to me.
B) Right.
PeterB
 
Posts: 3437
Joined: Tue Feb 17, 2009 11:31 am
Location: Near London

Re: Anonymity and Trolling.

Postby partofit22 on Fri Sep 13, 2013 12:39 pm

PeterB wrote:
Anirukta wrote:
PeterB wrote:that my interest is in the views and experiences of those in a personal relationship with recognised Zen teacher.

But those others may serve on the forum just as a background.. Upon which those in a relationship shine. Isn't such a background noise useful in any way? :lol2:

PeterB wrote:Just as in the tradition I follow my interest is in those who have a personal relationship with a Staretz.

Cool word "Staretz". Means, of Russian Christian asceticism, like the one presented by Феофан Затворник (Feofan Zatvornik), in his "ПУТЬ КО СПАСЕНИЮ" work (Put' Ko Spaseniyu). Right?

A ) Not to me.
B) Right.


Oh for goodness sake, he's pulling your leg!
partofit22
 
Posts: 4899
Joined: Fri Oct 09, 2009 2:36 pm

Re: Anonymity and Trolling.

Postby partofit22 on Fri Sep 13, 2013 1:06 pm

Anirukta wrote:Cool word "Staretz".


I completely agree! It's a very cool word- Is there a female version?
partofit22
 
Posts: 4899
Joined: Fri Oct 09, 2009 2:36 pm

Re: Anonymity and Trolling.

Postby Linda Anderson on Fri Sep 13, 2013 2:56 pm

boots on the ground don't mean a whole lot to me. I've found wisdom lurking in mysterious places when I listen.
Not last night,
not this morning;
Melon flowers bloomed.
~ Bassho
User avatar
Linda Anderson
 
Posts: 3876
Joined: Mon Feb 09, 2009 7:14 pm
Location: Forestville, CA

Re: Anonymity and Trolling.

Postby partofit22 on Fri Sep 13, 2013 6:23 pm

Anirukta wrote:
partofit22 wrote:Oh for goodness sake, he's pulling your leg!

Which one?.. Hopefully, your leg calculator is still functioning..


Leg(s) / chain(s) ... :) ... they both mean the same- But a leg calculator? I don't know what that means ...
partofit22
 
Posts: 4899
Joined: Fri Oct 09, 2009 2:36 pm

Re: Anonymity and Trolling.

Postby partofit22 on Fri Sep 13, 2013 6:25 pm

Linda Anderson wrote:boots on the ground don't mean a whole lot to me. I've found wisdom lurking in mysterious places when I listen.


That's awesome! Would you fancy taking a troll with me, maybe along the bank of the river? Anonymously? :lol2:
partofit22
 
Posts: 4899
Joined: Fri Oct 09, 2009 2:36 pm

Re: Anonymity and Trolling.

Postby Linda Anderson on Fri Sep 13, 2013 6:32 pm

:lol2:
my zen teacher once said: "accept all offers"

ofc, I was not referring to trolls. :heya:
Not last night,
not this morning;
Melon flowers bloomed.
~ Bassho
User avatar
Linda Anderson
 
Posts: 3876
Joined: Mon Feb 09, 2009 7:14 pm
Location: Forestville, CA

Re: Anonymity and Trolling.

Postby PeterB on Fri Sep 13, 2013 8:50 pm

partofit22 wrote:
PeterB wrote:
Anirukta wrote:
PeterB wrote:that my interest is in the views and experiences of those in a personal relationship with recognised Zen teacher.

But those others may serve on the forum just as a background.. Upon which those in a relationship shine. Isn't such a background noise useful in any way? :lol2:

PeterB wrote:Just as in the tradition I follow my interest is in those who have a personal relationship with a Staretz.

Cool word "Staretz". Means, of Russian Christian asceticism, like the one presented by Феофан Затворник (Feofan Zatvornik), in his "ПУТЬ КО СПАСЕНИЮ" work (Put' Ko Spaseniyu). Right?

A ) Not to me.
B) Right.


Oh for goodness sake, he's pulling your leg!


My answer stands.
PeterB
 
Posts: 3437
Joined: Tue Feb 17, 2009 11:31 am
Location: Near London

Re: Anonymity and Trolling.

Postby PeterB on Fri Sep 13, 2013 8:51 pm

partofit22 wrote:
Anirukta wrote:Cool word "Staretz".


I completely agree! It's a very cool word- Is there a female version?



Staretza.
PeterB
 
Posts: 3437
Joined: Tue Feb 17, 2009 11:31 am
Location: Near London

Re: Anonymity and Trolling.

Postby partofit22 on Fri Sep 13, 2013 10:00 pm

PeterB wrote:
partofit22 wrote:
PeterB wrote:
Anirukta wrote:
PeterB wrote:that my interest is in the views and experiences of those in a personal relationship with recognised Zen teacher.

But those others may serve on the forum just as a background.. Upon which those in a relationship shine. Isn't such a background noise useful in any way? :lol2:

PeterB wrote:Just as in the tradition I follow my interest is in those who have a personal relationship with a Staretz.

Cool word "Staretz". Means, of Russian Christian asceticism, like the one presented by Феофан Затворник (Feofan Zatvornik), in his "ПУТЬ КО СПАСЕНИЮ" work (Put' Ko Spaseniyu). Right?

A ) Not to me.
B) Right.


Oh for goodness sake, he's pulling your leg!


My answer stands.


And yet ... :lol2:
partofit22
 
Posts: 4899
Joined: Fri Oct 09, 2009 2:36 pm

Re: Anonymity and Trolling.

Postby PeterB on Fri Sep 13, 2013 10:29 pm

Feel free to displace. Its the least I can do.
PeterB
 
Posts: 3437
Joined: Tue Feb 17, 2009 11:31 am
Location: Near London

Re: Anonymity and Trolling.

Postby littletsu on Sat Sep 14, 2013 2:20 pm

Just a quick thought: contrary to most of what was posted here, complete anonimity could be sometimes very
refreshing and helpful. Nobody has time to read all the threads here to engage "perfectly" in a certain conversation - and at least I find that I develope preferences of whose posts I like to read, and according to my preferences
I will read certain people's posts with a varying attention and concentration, or sometimes even simply skip.
So there is a lot pre-judice and projection going on, I believe first of all due to the sense of lack of time, but
definitely other reasons as well. That is me of course, I dont know about others.
Could be interesting to have a day of full anonimity once in a while!
合うは別れの始めだ。
有燈就有人。
User avatar
littletsu
 
Posts: 539
Joined: Wed Jan 04, 2012 9:58 pm
Location: Europe

Re: Anonymity and Trolling.

Postby Kojip on Sat Sep 14, 2013 9:51 pm

littletsu wrote:Just a quick thought: contrary to most of what was posted here, complete anonimity could be sometimes very
refreshing and helpful.


This is a refreshing thought. This thread has been refreshing. It has washed away a sense of being personally invested in ZFI, along with images of what it could be. It is good to read or post about practice when moved to, and there is a pleasure in learning to write better. That is enough for me, and I am grateful for this slice of the internet.
User avatar
Kojip
 
Posts: 2906
Joined: Sat Nov 21, 2009 6:38 pm

Re: Anonymity and Trolling.

Postby partofit22 on Sun Sep 15, 2013 3:55 am

littletsu wrote:complete anonimity could be sometimes very refreshing and helpful.


Less to discriminate- Less to know- More to enjoy?
partofit22
 
Posts: 4899
Joined: Fri Oct 09, 2009 2:36 pm

Re: Anonymity and Trolling.

Postby Guo Gu on Thu Sep 19, 2013 4:11 am

littletsu wrote:Just a quick thought: contrary to most of what was posted here, complete anonimity could be sometimes very
refreshing and helpful. Nobody has time to read all the threads here to engage "perfectly" in a certain conversation - and at least I find that I develope preferences of whose posts I like to read, and according to my preferences
I will read certain people's posts with a varying attention and concentration, or sometimes even simply skip.
So there is a lot pre-judice and projection going on, I believe first of all due to the sense of lack of time, but
definitely other reasons as well. That is me of course, I dont know about others.
Could be interesting to have a day of full anonimity once in a while!


excellent idea!
Founder and teacher of Tallahassee Chan Center of the Dharma Drum Lineage of Chan Buddhism
http://www.tallahasseechan.org/
Received inka from Master Sheng Yen (1930-2009) in 1995
User avatar
Guo Gu
Teacher
 
Posts: 1353
Joined: Fri Apr 12, 2013 8:52 pm
Location: Tallahassee, FL USA

Re: Anonymity and Trolling.

Postby Carol on Thu Sep 19, 2013 9:12 pm

Guo Gu wrote:
littletsu wrote:Just a quick thought: contrary to most of what was posted here, complete anonimity could be sometimes very
refreshing and helpful. Nobody has time to read all the threads here to engage "perfectly" in a certain conversation - and at least I find that I develope preferences of whose posts I like to read, and according to my preferences
I will read certain people's posts with a varying attention and concentration, or sometimes even simply skip.
So there is a lot pre-judice and projection going on, I believe first of all due to the sense of lack of time, but
definitely other reasons as well. That is me of course, I dont know about others.
Could be interesting to have a day of full anonimity once in a while!


excellent idea!


Not possible here, or at least not doable to change everyone's username for a day so we wouldn't be able to "recognize" them. Would be interesting to try ... but the program structure doesn't allow it.
Practitioners who cultivate the personal realization of buddha knowledge dwell in the bliss of whatever is present and do not abandon their practice.
~Lankavatara Sutra
User avatar
Carol
 
Posts: 10326
Joined: Wed Feb 04, 2009 2:52 am
Location: Santa Rosa, CA

Re: Anonymity and Trolling.

Postby Guo Gu on Thu Sep 19, 2013 11:03 pm

:lol2:
Founder and teacher of Tallahassee Chan Center of the Dharma Drum Lineage of Chan Buddhism
http://www.tallahasseechan.org/
Received inka from Master Sheng Yen (1930-2009) in 1995
User avatar
Guo Gu
Teacher
 
Posts: 1353
Joined: Fri Apr 12, 2013 8:52 pm
Location: Tallahassee, FL USA

Re: Anonymity and Trolling.

Postby partofit22 on Sat Sep 21, 2013 4:46 pm

Linda uses ppl too ..

Edit: Meaning, she uses ppl for people .. :lol2:
partofit22
 
Posts: 4899
Joined: Fri Oct 09, 2009 2:36 pm

Re: Anonymity and Trolling.

Postby Linda Anderson on Sat Sep 21, 2013 5:08 pm

:lol2:
Not last night,
not this morning;
Melon flowers bloomed.
~ Bassho
User avatar
Linda Anderson
 
Posts: 3876
Joined: Mon Feb 09, 2009 7:14 pm
Location: Forestville, CA

Re: Anonymity and Trolling.

Postby another_being on Sat Nov 16, 2013 6:48 pm

Kojip wrote:
littletsu wrote:Just a quick thought: contrary to most of what was posted here, complete anonimity could be sometimes very
refreshing and helpful.


This is a refreshing thought. This thread has been refreshing. It has washed away a sense of being personally invested in ZFI, along with images of what it could be. It is good to read or post about practice when moved to, and there is a pleasure in learning to write better. That is enough for me, and I am grateful for this slice of the internet.


This thread has been refreshing, Kojip. It got me thinking and investigating my own reasons for wanting to be anonymous online and I've gotten past some hurdles thanks to it and my ZFI friends. Still smoothing edges and so on. I've seen that my tone and tack/angle on responding to topics here can be too 'know-it-all' and closed off as well.

So thanks going back to this topic, Kojip, and for everyone's input. I've even finally gotten on Facebook so there's no turning back now! :)

Peace,
John Whisler
"Some people think they are enlightened, some people think they are not enlightened." -- Denko
User avatar
another_being
 
Posts: 888
Joined: Fri Apr 22, 2011 6:21 pm

PreviousNext

Return to Feedback & Support

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

 
RocketTheme Joomla Templates

Who is online

In total there is 1 user online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 1 guest (based on users active over the past 5 minutes)
Most users ever online was 157 on Mon Sep 19, 2016 8:44 am

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest