Welcome admin !

It is currently Fri Sep 22, 2017 5:33 am
Pathway:  Board index Welcome to Zen Forum International Feedback & Support

Anonymity and Trolling.

For constructive feedback and support questions concerning ZFI.

Re: Anonymity and Trolling.

Postby Kojip on Mon Nov 18, 2013 5:10 am

another_being wrote:
Kojip wrote:
littletsu wrote:Just a quick thought: contrary to most of what was posted here, complete anonimity could be sometimes very
refreshing and helpful.

This is a refreshing thought. This thread has been refreshing. It has washed away a sense of being personally invested in ZFI, along with images of what it could be. It is good to read or post about practice when moved to, and there is a pleasure in learning to write better. That is enough for me, and I am grateful for this slice of the internet.

This thread has been refreshing, Kojip. It got me thinking and investigating my own reasons for wanting to be anonymous online and I've gotten past some hurdles thanks to it and my ZFI friends. Still smoothing edges and so on. I've seen that my tone and tack/angle on responding to topics here can be too 'know-it-all' and closed off as well.

So thanks going back to this topic, Kojip, and for everyone's input. I've even finally gotten on Facebook so there's no turning back now! :)

Peace,
John Whisler

Hello John ! :) .

Richard/\
Kojip

Postby Linda Anderson on Mon Nov 18, 2013 6:27 am

hey John, look for me on facebook...
Not last night,
not this morning;
Melon flowers bloomed.
~ Bassho
Linda Anderson

Postby another_being on Wed Nov 20, 2013 3:26 am

Thanks Linda and Kojip!
"Some people think they are enlightened, some people think they are not enlightened." -- Denko
another_being

Postby isosceles_kramer on Mon Feb 24, 2014 8:41 pm

Sevidal wrote:You just deal of what is being said. I don't understand why a Zen Forum is so controlling. I begin to realize that this must be a New Age Forum where if they don't like what you say or you don't fit their groove they charge you with anonymity and trolling. If they don't understand what you are saying you are a troll.

But actually isn't talking too much or posting to long posts is trolling?

I don't post here much.

But i wanted to weigh in on this. I agree with a lot of what you're saying. What does a troll do to hurt you, really? You can choose to approach a troll with humor and kindness. You can choose to approach a troll with anger or fear. You can choose to ignore a troll. You can choose to engage them and try to include them (it's what most of them really want i think)

The last paragraph i'm not so sure of.. I always thought a troll was one of these people who equates surliness with unadorned intelligence. I don't know where this idea came from exactly (some trolls ARE clever but not because they're trolls..) but this is what i see when i look at it. They want to be contrary to the group or they feel like they're not the smartest person in the room.

So you know.. that's their weakness. Wouldn't it be nice to engage them in such a way as to make them feel that they don't need this shield anymore? Is that even possible? I don't know..
hell, even numbers are irrational sometimes.
isosceles_kramer

Postby Oheso on Thu Mar 27, 2014 7:10 pm

thaw w/o me. sorry.
Last edited by Oheso on Fri Mar 28, 2014 4:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
and neither are they otherwise
Oheso

Postby Kojip on Thu Mar 27, 2014 7:27 pm

This thread is like last winter's snow bank on a spring day. Just a thought. :)
Kojip

Postby wokkie on Fri Mar 28, 2014 9:53 pm

Here's a thought. Trolls are sometimes hard to recognize. The ones you think are trolls, often lead to the most productive and interesting threads.

But there's another sort of troll on this forum too, and those are the ones I find make me increasingly less likely to spend time here. Some of those are big posters, warm and friendly, but they talk rubbish that isn't even worth engaging with.

"Normal" trolls are a fact of the internet. The users and the moderators both know how to deal with them.
wokkie

Postby Chrisd on Fri Mar 28, 2014 10:38 pm

Kojip wrote:This thread is like last winter's snow bank on a spring day. Just a thought. :)

I'm not sure if I know what that means, but I'm curious :blush:
Chrisd

Postby Kojip on Sat Mar 29, 2014 2:44 pm

Chrisd wrote:
Kojip wrote:This thread is like last winter's snow bank on a spring day. Just a thought. :)

I'm not sure if I know what that means, but I'm curious :blush:

Hi Chris. When an old thread is revived it is like continuing a conversation, but the thoughts and feelings behind that conversation might be forgotten by other participants. Views change. The energy behind a view, or behind posting it, may be long forgotten. I was just noticing that, and it reminds me of how the melting snowbanks in spring reveal the winter's forgotten stories, like debris from the ice storm, a recycling bin, and so forth, The snowbanks on the main streets are melting down, and are black with debris and layers of car exhaust.
I was just riffing. :) Richard/\
Kojip

Postby Chrisd on Sat Mar 29, 2014 5:05 pm

Thx for explaining :) Always fun looking back at your own old posts :PP:
Chrisd

Previous

Return to Feedback & Support