Welcome admin !

It is currently Tue Aug 22, 2017 5:51 pm
Pathway:  Board index Welcome to Zen Forum International Feedback & Support

Differently coloured niks - what do they mean?

For constructive feedback and support questions concerning ZFI.

Differently coloured niks - what do they mean?

Postby Dan74 on Thu Feb 21, 2013 10:18 am

Today I even saw a black one. What the colour code?
Dan74

Re: Differently coloured niks - what do they mean?

Postby unsui on Thu Feb 21, 2013 11:22 am

What are "niks"?

ETA: Oh, OK - I found it here: http://www.internetslang.com/, but still don't understand coloured niks????
May we extend This Mind over the whole universe so that we and all beings together may attain maturity in Buddha's wisdom
unsui

Postby Dan74 on Thu Feb 21, 2013 1:08 pm

You are red, I am blue, teachers are green, this is all OK, but there are also other colours. I was wondering about them.
Dan74

Postby unsui on Thu Feb 21, 2013 3:33 pm

Dan74 wrote:You are red, I am blue, teachers are green, this is all OK, but there are also other colours. I was wondering about them.

Admin og technical admin are both shades of red, founding members are violet, I thought I was orange, I think those who no longer are members are black.
May we extend This Mind over the whole universe so that we and all beings together may attain maturity in Buddha's wisdom
unsui

Postby Gregory Wonderwheel on Tue Feb 26, 2013 9:20 pm

Dan74 wrote:Today I even saw a black one. What the colour code?

The legend for the color code for active membrers is at the bottom of the Board Index page. If colors change, they are reflected there.

Black is for currently inactive members whose posts are still on the board. Since they are inactive they don't show on the color legend.

_/|\_
Gregory
Why you do not understand is because the three carts were provisional for former times, and because the One Vehicle is true for the present time. ~ Zen Master 6th Ancestor Huineng
Gregory Wonderwheel
Global Moderator

Postby Gregory Wonderwheel on Tue Feb 26, 2013 9:35 pm

unsui wrote:What are "niks"?

ETA: Oh, OK - I found it here: http://www.internetslang.com/, but still don't understand coloured niks????

"Niks" here are the same as the "username," like "Dan74" or "unsui". The color of the username shows the "group" that the person has as their default group.

The lable under the username shows the "rank" or role that is usually, but not necessarily, the same as the default group. If you want to see who are the teachers, you can go to the membership list and sort by "rank" and all the teachers are in one place. The user guide for members is posted in the Terms of Service forum.

Some forums have "ranks" (like "user" and "super user") based on how many posts a registered user has posted. ZFI has not adopted that practice.

_/|\_
Gregory
Why you do not understand is because the three carts were provisional for former times, and because the One Vehicle is true for the present time. ~ Zen Master 6th Ancestor Huineng
Gregory Wonderwheel
Global Moderator

Return to Feedback & Support