Welcome admin !

It is currently Mon Aug 21, 2017 6:30 pm
Pathway:  Board index Welcome to Zen Forum International Feedback & Support

Regional Forums

For constructive feedback and support questions concerning ZFI.

Regional Forums

Postby zenisin on Sun Feb 03, 2013 6:51 pm

Have you thought about doing Regional Forums so people can network with other people from their region? This way people could meet up and socialize if they wanted.
zenisin

Re: Regional Forums

Postby Gregory Wonderwheel on Sun Feb 03, 2013 7:06 pm

zenisin wrote:Have you thought about doing Regional Forums so people can network with other people from their region? This way people could meet up and socialize if they wanted.

We haven't discussed it much. Initially, my main concern it that it would create a problem trying to determine what is a "region" and how small or large a "region" would be.
We will be reorganizing the forum structures soon and then there will be a links and contacts forum that would be a good place for a regional topic to be created by anyone in a specific region who wants to make contacts. For example, you could post a topic "Zen Folks in Alaska".

For now, you could post such a topic in the Events & Places forum.

_/|\_
Gregory
Why you do not understand is because the three carts were provisional for former times, and because the One Vehicle is true for the present time. ~ Zen Master 6th Ancestor Huineng
Gregory Wonderwheel
Global Moderator

Postby zenisin on Mon Feb 04, 2013 12:23 am

I just wanted to bring that up because I live in Northern Kentucky/ Cincinnati and there are a lot of Evangelical Christian Churches here. I would like to meet more Zen Buddhist folks. Most of my friends in this area are neither Evangelical nor Zen.
zenisin

Postby Carol on Mon Feb 04, 2013 4:57 am

zenisin wrote:I just wanted to bring that up because I live in Northern Kentucky/ Cincinnati and there are a lot of Evangelical Christian Churches here. I would like to meet more Zen Buddhist folks. Most of my friends in this area are neither Evangelical nor Zen.

How about starting a topic "Looking for Zen students in Kentucky" -- and see who turns up?
Practitioners who cultivate the personal realization of buddha knowledge dwell in the bliss of whatever is present and do not abandon their practice.
~Lankavatara Sutra
Carol

Return to Feedback & Support