Welcome admin !

It is currently Fri Oct 20, 2017 4:59 pm
Pathway:  Board index Welcome to Zen Forum International Feedback & Support

high board-activity lately

For constructive feedback and support questions concerning ZFI.

high board-activity lately

Postby desert_woodworker on Wed Aug 09, 2017 2:46 pm

Does anyone understand the board statistics lately that are given at the bottom left of ZFI pages?

Lately I've seen use-reports of "28" guests, "25" guests, etc., large numbers like that, "in the past 5 minutes" on the board. Is that possibly realistic? There might be only 1 or 2 (or zero) Members in the past 5 minutes, but often, very many guests reported, in bursts.

These "guests" are not search-engines "spidering" the site, as search-engines are explicitly named in the list of users reported (again, at the bottom left of a page). And such a large number of (anonymous?) search-engines seems unrealistic and unbelievable (to me).

This may not be important, but it's interesting! Does it mean that ZFI is indeed being visited by large (and "larger-and-larger") numbers of visitors checking out ZFI every day? This could be very good, if it attracts new members with a serious interest in aspects of our featured subjects and mission-statement (raison d'etre).

:Namaste:,

--Joe
Last edited by desert_woodworker on Wed Aug 09, 2017 7:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
desert_woodworker

Re: high board-activity lately

Postby fukasetsu on Wed Aug 09, 2017 2:55 pm

Joe, remember I showed ZFI "ranking" a few years ago, we had stats we aren't having now, so my guess it's still declining.
I often see between "20-40" guests unless it is (euro) night time then the nrs are low.

http://www.alexa.com/siteinfo/zenforuminternational.org
Everyone for President!
fukasetsu

Postby Caodemarte on Wed Aug 09, 2017 3:05 pm

I wonder if the "viewers" are simply the number of times a web browser is refreshing or another technical artifact like the way "hits" tells you nothing about the number of actual people viewing your page.
Caodemarte
Global Moderator

Postby fukasetsu on Wed Aug 09, 2017 3:07 pm

Caodemarte wrote:I wonder if the "viewers" are simply the number of times a web browser is refreshing or another technical artifact like the way "hits" tells you nothing about the number of actual people viewing your page.

It should be based on IP views, but dunno, don't see the high-activity Joe is seeing, it's been like this for years as far as I am aware.
We have more readers then posters though
Everyone for President!
fukasetsu

Postby fukasetsu on Wed Aug 09, 2017 3:27 pm

index.png

There is a peak from dec 2016 to now Joe, highest was April 2017
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Everyone for President!
fukasetsu

Postby flutemaker on Wed Aug 09, 2017 5:16 pm

Caodemarte wrote:I wonder if the "viewers" are simply the number of times a web browser is refreshing or another technical artifact like the way "hits" tells you nothing about the number of actual people viewing your page.

An excerpt from the raw log file with reverse ip lookup answers all questions. It is accessible through JumpLine hosting administration panel.

You must download the file for that day and hour, if logs are hourly.

M. has access rights there, login and password.

2017-08-09-12-19-15.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
flutemaker

Postby desert_woodworker on Wed Aug 09, 2017 7:47 pm

Um-m for example, I grabbed this screen-image a few minutes ago (11:41 AM, MST) ... = UTC minus 7 (i.e., at 18:41 UTC); late-morning in Arizona Time Zone (no Daylight-Saving Time used here, ever, as in Hawai'i).

See the large number of reported ZFI "Guests":

ZFI_visitors_09Aug_2017_1141_MST.jpg

--Joe
desert_woodworker

Postby fukasetsu on Wed Aug 09, 2017 9:45 pm

desert_woodworker wrote:Um-m for example, I grabbed this screen-image a few minutes ago (11:41 AM, MST) ... = UTC minus 7 (i.e., at 18:41 UTC); late-morning in Arizona Time Zone (no Daylight-Saving Time used here, ever, as in Hawai'i).

See the large number of reported ZFI "Guests":

ZFI_visitors_09Aug_2017_1141_MST.jpg

--Joe

I just don't get how that is "high" Joe, perhaps I am :lol2:
Everyone for President!
fukasetsu

Postby desert_woodworker on Thu Aug 10, 2017 1:57 am

Marcel,

fukasetsu wrote:I just don't get how that is "high" Joe,...

Oh?, 25 users in the past 5 minutes seems exceptionally high to me. Usually, it sits at about 0, or 1. You and I should both know this, because we're on here often.

I'm wondering who -- or what -- causes such "bursts" of "guest"-counts. Are they real? Or are they official Russian hackers who are tired of infiltrating US Government or political-party sites, and now just doing "recreational" infiltration for a change?
:lol2:

No clue, here (about this... ). ;) Still curious.

--Joe
desert_woodworker

Postby fukasetsu on Thu Aug 10, 2017 9:03 am

desert_woodworker wrote:Oh?, 25 users in the past 5 minutes seems exceptionally high to me. Usually, it sits at about 0, or 1. You and I should both know this, because we're on here often.

That's what I've been trying to tell you Sir, that whenever I look it's always around the nr of 20+-
only in the European nights, lets say 05:00 CET do I sometimes see the nr between 1-3, so it looks to me that most guests are European.

I'm wondering who -- or what -- causes such "bursts" of "guest"-counts. Are they real? Or are they official Russian hackers who are tired of infiltrating US Government or political-party sites, and now just doing "recreational" infiltration for a change?

I do know if you say certain things a lot of times (like allah akbar or something) some "spy software" for "secret" intelligence services collect these data and might be snooping around the corner soon. Try saying Poetin sucks a thousand times on social media and see whether you get a visit or not :lol2:

(ps you do suck, but you're hardly the only one.)
Everyone for President!
fukasetsu

Postby desert_woodworker on Thu Aug 10, 2017 2:51 pm

Marcel,

fukasetsu wrote:
desert_woodworker wrote:Oh?, 25 users in the past 5 minutes seems exceptionally high to me. Usually, it sits at about 0, or 1. You and I should both know this, because we're on here often.

That's what I've been trying to tell you Sir, that whenever I look it's always around the nr of 20+-
only in the European nights, lets say 05:00 CET do I sometimes see the nr between 1-3, so it looks to me that most guests are European.

NOW I get it, if that's the case. Thanks for that additional information, that's what I've been missing.

It still seems like a LOT of guests, to me, in five minutes. Very good!

fukasetsu wrote:Try saying Poetin sucks a thousand times on social media and see whether you get a visit or not :lol2:

Right. At my academic email site and homepage, we shied-away from using certain words for the same reason(s), and had certain bland "code-words" instead to refer to particular hot topics. :tongueincheek:

fukasetsu wrote:(ps you do suck, but you're hardly the only one.)

Jeez, I hope you mean Mr. Poetinsky, ...else, we've got to have a talk! :lol2:

--Joe
desert_woodworker

Postby flutemaker on Thu Aug 10, 2017 6:47 pm

this post has expired ...
Last edited by flutemaker on Thu Aug 10, 2017 9:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
flutemaker

Postby desert_woodworker on Thu Aug 10, 2017 7:55 pm

Ani,

flutemaker wrote:The spy-cat below will tell us soon.

Clever!

I like seeing the word (name... ) "Elqui" again... ( I left there 32 1/2 years ago, exactly half a lifetime ago).

--Joe
desert_woodworker

Postby flutemaker on Thu Aug 10, 2017 8:11 pm

Last edited by flutemaker on Thu Aug 10, 2017 9:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
flutemaker

Postby fukasetsu on Thu Aug 10, 2017 9:01 pm

Thu, 10 Aug 11:03 AM (59 minutes 40 seconds ago) 84.106.248..* Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; Android 6.0.1; SAMSUNG SM-G900F Build/MMB29M) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) SamsungBrowser/5.4 Chrome/51.0.2704.106 Mobile Safari/537.36

You posted my public IP how rude :PP:

Joe yes I was speaking of Poetinsky :lol2:
Everyone for President!
fukasetsu

Postby flutemaker on Thu Aug 10, 2017 9:22 pm

fukasetsu wrote:You posted my public IP how rude :PP:

Joe yes I was speaking of Poetinsky :lol2:

Sir, but as you see, I removed the last section of all the IP addresses recorded, to not list them publicly. I only listed your "range"...
flutemaker

Postby fukasetsu on Thu Aug 10, 2017 9:48 pm

flutemaker wrote:Sir, but as you see, I removed the last section of all the IP addresses recorded, to not list them publicly. I only listed your "range"...

I know Sir, was only joking, the whole thing would have been ok too, it's hardly a secret :)
Everyone for President!
fukasetsu

Postby bokki on Fri Aug 11, 2017 12:34 am

:lol2:
LOL flutemaker, u have just showed me another corner to turn into
with such dry dry martini humor, cant stop laughing! LOL thnx!

and then, a total surprise..!

not 2 mention ur 10 11 min or ET IP chat...lol friend
no wonder i avatar a kitten, lol, ill have 2 upgrade 2 a cat
this post will expire...but had 2 log in again 4 "this post has expired..."
(or r u sending d ruskies, yanks, or chinks some coordinates, now...lol)
lol friend, would like 2 hear ur stories
LOL thnx
:heya:
----------
and i forgot, i often leave my zfi site open while doing other stuff, so if we substract 4 bots and ppl like me u r left with a handful, say 5 10 ppl reading,
and a couple of them considering posting. but that brings us back 2 "revitalizing zfi", and we all saw where that leads 2..
Another log on the fire,
10,000 frogs singing in the rain
burst into flames

-Linda Anderson, aka LA Chef
bokki

Postby fukasetsu on Fri Aug 11, 2017 10:31 am

bokki wrote:(or r u sending d ruskies, yanks, or chinks some coordinates, now...lol)

The MH17 coordinates were pretty clear, now just monkey ball sucking Poetin being honest about it, oh wait...honesty and politics is an oxymoron...

Everyone for President!
fukasetsu

Postby flutemaker on Fri Aug 11, 2017 6:44 pm

desert_woodworker wrote:... Or are they official Russian hackers who are tired ...

BTW, one [un]official Russian hacker.. who are [re]tired... would venture to say that... should we place not just an image, like domain.com/picture.jpg, but rather a smart script serving the picture, like domain.com/serving.all.the.good.people?picture.jpg, we'd have way more complicated tools for our intelligence and/or research purposes.
flutemaker

Next

Return to Feedback & Support