Welcome admin !

It is currently Wed Aug 16, 2017 8:40 pm
Pathway:  Board index Welcome to Zen Forum International Feedback & Support

Change in ZFI Administration

For constructive feedback and support questions concerning ZFI.

Change in ZFI Administration

Postby Michaeljc on Fri Jan 27, 2017 9:39 pm

Hi All

Admin structure has now been transferred and payment for another year confirmed. Costs were:

Hosting: US$ 98.72
Domain name: US$ 33.67

A special thank you to Carol and Gregory for their work over the years and the wonderful archive that has resulted. I think that we all wish them the very best over the coming years.

As macdougdoug and james have both agreed to become our moderators (with no objections) their status will be updated ASAP after which they will become active. For the moment I will remain purely an Admin.

I will not be making any changes to the site structure in the short term. Any changes will be made only after a discussion with the active members here. I am open to suggestions but don't intend to do anything in a hurry.

We all observe that the site is going through a very quiet period. The dynamics of the internet is fast and furious. But, I am reminded of that story about a great drop-off in attendance at a temple. When one of few student expressed concern the Master simply said, "Ring the bell" . Quantity does not exist in the Chan/Zen dictionary.

:Namaste:

Michael C
Michaeljc

Re: Change in ZFI Administration

Postby desert_woodworker on Fri Jan 27, 2017 10:10 pm

Michael, thanks!

Ditto all you say about Carol and Gregory, and their work on this wonderful ZFI project from the very beginning. Yes, it's a great archive, and a living resource for discussion and information. Slow, now, but from new starts come new development.

Need money?: :) ...if I can jet you some dough denominated in US funds, I could send a personal check by snail-mail (Air); just PM me. I'd like to contribute.

(Michael only, not everybody!). :lol2:

:rbow:,

--Joe
desert_woodworker

Postby Michaeljc on Fri Jan 27, 2017 11:03 pm

Now lets see Joe. I need new boots, new sitting cushion and upgrading from stewing to fillet steak would be nice :lol2:

(Seriously) Thanks for the offer. Even a little bit is welcome. I will pm an address.

Cheers

m
Michaeljc

Postby partofit22 on Fri Jan 27, 2017 11:31 pm

Congratulations, Michael- :) And, yes, never-ending gratitude to Carol and Gregory and all who took part in the creation of this site and set aside their time to participate in the past in any capacity- Keep ringing the bell, best of luck and thank you for practicing- Thank you also to the two new mods for taking on the responsibility-
partofit22

Postby Avisitor on Sat Jan 28, 2017 5:48 am

Hello,
I wish to thank Michaeljc for stepping in and taking the reigns
And thanks to all the others who have contributed in their own ways
It has been quite enlightening being here for the ups and downs of this place
Hope it continues to bear fruit

Tom
Disclaimer: There is no intent to be offensive in my posts. None was intended and none should be interpreted as such.
Avisitor

Postby Meido on Sun Jan 29, 2017 2:31 am

Wishing good luck and success to the new staff. Let me echo also the expressions of gratitude to Gregory and Carol. I've personally benefited a great deal from the discussions here and connections made; that is entirely due to their work.

~ Meido
明道禅徹
The Rinzai Zen Community: http://www.rinzaizen.org
Korinji monastery [臨済宗 • 祖的山光林禅寺]: http://www.korinji.org
Madison Rinzai Zen Community/Ryugen-ji [機山龍源寺]: http://www.madisonrinzaizen.org
http://rinzaiheartland.blogspot.com
Meido
Teacher

Postby Kojip on Sun Jan 29, 2017 4:41 am

Good luck Micheal. All the best for a new start at ZFI.

Gassho
Daizan
Kojip

Postby desert_woodworker on Sun Jan 29, 2017 2:51 pm

Michael,

Michaeljc wrote:Now lets see Joe. I need ...[a] new sitting cushion

Guo Gu has a way of regenerating or rejuvenating his cushion. He wrote in 2014 that he's been sitting on the one in his photo below for 30 years, and so now that's 30-plus years (if he's still sitting on it). :)

cushion_Guo_Gu.jpg

The thread (Wabi Sabi) in which he posts the picture is here:

viewtopic.php?f=116&t=10386

If your cushion just needs additional filling, that's possible to do. I've added filling both to kapok-stuffed cushions and to Buckwheat-hull-stuffed cushions, to good effect. I think sitting-cushions are capable of repeated rejuvenation, like most aircraft (which periodically receive new wings, new engines, avionics, etc; and, repairs).

At several sanghas at zendos we've had cushion "Sewing Parties", at which we'd sew cushion shells, and stuff them, or repair and re-stuff them. Just remember to bring your thimble. :tongueincheek: And, your respirator mask: the kapok fibers are not good to breathe-in, in quantity, and they get and stick everywhere -- we stuffed or refilled them outdoors. Kapok can be bought by the pound online; ditto Buckwheat hulls.

Care to post a picture of your cushion in the "Wabi Sabi" thread? ;)

(again, located here):

viewtopic.php?f=116&t=10386

best!,

--Joe
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
desert_woodworker

Return to Feedback & Support