Welcome admin !

It is currently Wed May 24, 2017 10:47 am
Pathway:  Board index Welcome to Zen Forum International Feedback & Support

I suggest intros are saved for later...

For constructive feedback and support questions concerning ZFI.

I suggest intros are saved for later...

Postby Lunarious1987 on Fri Oct 28, 2016 11:01 pm

Or kept in its own thread, if own thread one will get inspiration from what the others have written, also one gets the chance to know eachother. One gets to relax before being suprised by the intros forum, then it comes out bad. I'll make a thread, or someone can, i don't mind.

Peace :)
- Don't be thankful to be righteous. Be righteous to be thankful.
- Shia: "We are the friends/owners of proof, wherever it bends we bend."
- Imam Hussein was once asked: what is affluence? He said : Decreasing your wishes , and being satisfied with what is enough for you.”
Lunarious1987

Re: I suggest intros are saved for later...

Postby Caodemarte on Fri Oct 28, 2016 11:29 pm

There is the Member's Introductions thread already. Is that what you mean?
Caodemarte

Postby Lunarious1987 on Sat Oct 29, 2016 12:27 am

Yes. Where please?
- Imam Hussein was once asked: what is affluence? He said : Decreasing your wishes , and being satisfied with what is enough for you.”
Lunarious1987

Postby desert_woodworker on Sat Oct 29, 2016 2:57 am

L.,

ZFI Members' introductions are here:

viewforum.php?f=1

And, for example, my introduction is in that area also, and there are many others. Specifically, here:

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=9409

It seems that the "Introductions" area is already well-designed, and functioning fine.

--Joe
desert_woodworker

Postby Lunarious1987 on Sat Oct 29, 2016 10:56 am

OK. You have a long and probabely eloberate post, but i mean an own thread for those who do not have so much self insight, so everything is in one place. Like the picture post, i've seen it at another forum too. :ninja:
Lunarious1987

Postby desert_woodworker on Sat Oct 29, 2016 4:48 pm

L.,

Members post whatever they want in the Introductions area, or post nothing at all, and I would not call any one of them either elaborate or skimpy. It's just a matter of choice, and the varying-length content seems a difference of degree, and not of kind.

Thus, I think no other area for "introductions" is needed.

As far as pictures are concerned, a member can of course make a personal photo into an avatar photo, as I think you've done here in 2009 when you were Mustafa from Norway.

(but in addition, there happens to exist a thread called "Post A Picture of Yourself" -- or something similar to that -- in title. It can be searched for on the site; I have not seen it in a while).

Fun,

--Joe
desert_woodworker

Postby Lunarious1987 on Sat Oct 29, 2016 7:01 pm

Desert Woodworker

Why don't you test it? Why don't you help me jumpstart such a thread. And i think it is overkill and not beneficial to nhave a dedicated forum for intros and not a sticky somewhere. I am bad with advocating myself as Asperger, but put some thought effort into it. Not least is a thread of its own easier to navigate, fun and inspiring.

Play safe and tricky and have fun

Peace
Lunarious1987

Postby desert_woodworker on Sat Oct 29, 2016 7:09 pm

L.

Thanks, the existing "Members' Introduction" area seems adequate and nicely functional in every way.

I'm one of the Members here, not a Moderator nor part of the Administration.

In addition, as I see it, this (ZFI... ) is a forum for discussion of Zen Buddhism, and Buddhadharma generally, not for discussion of "selves". As I understand it, other sites exist in 'social-media' for all that other sort of ego-fixation kind of posting, and those other sites are pretty popular and quite willing and dedicated to host such material.

Also, anyway, you've already got your 'wish': "Intros ARE saved for later". I gave the link in a reply above (where they are saved and available).

:O:

--Joe
desert_woodworker

Postby partofit22 on Sun Oct 30, 2016 4:36 am

desert_woodworker wrote:L.

Thanks, the existing "Members' Introduction" area seems adequate and nicely functional in every way.

In addition, as I see it, this (ZFI... ) is a forum for discussion of Zen Buddhism, and Buddhadharma generally, not for discussion of "selves". As I understand it, other sites exist in 'social-media' for all that other sort of ego-fixation kind of posting, and those other sites are pretty popular and quite willing and dedicated to host such material.

Also, anyway, you've already got your 'wish': "Intros ARE saved for later". I gave the link in a reply above (where they are saved and available).

--Joe

More snark! Not Buddhadharma! :tee:
partofit22

Postby Lunarious1987 on Sun Oct 30, 2016 8:19 am

partofit22 wrote:
desert_woodworker wrote:L.

--Joe

More snark! Not Buddhadharma! :tee:

I suggest we make a default questionarre to include in the first post in our thread.

We say, one hour for Allah and one hour for yourself, as long it is no harm.

Peace
Lunarious1987

Postby desert_woodworker on Sun Oct 30, 2016 2:30 pm

Maybe the Administrators will take it up, ...if you can find one.

BTW, it's possible for a member to create a "profile" on the board, and elaborate on yourself in it. It has almost a 'questionaire' format, which you may enjoy.

--Joe
desert_woodworker

Postby Lunarious1987 on Sun Oct 30, 2016 2:44 pm

What if i want to read about others? Do you check everyone individually?
Lunarious1987

Postby desert_woodworker on Sun Oct 30, 2016 2:53 pm

L.,

I don't understand. But creating a profile is easy, and, yes, you can read the profiles of others when you are logged-in by moving the mouse to the screen-name of someone who has posted. The screen-name is usually colored in a light blue.

Doing what you want to do, I looked at your existing profile by clicking on your screen-name, and find that it is as of now, well, empty. Except for a sig-line. So, evidently you know already how to add other things to it. The phpBB software of the board makes things pretty easy.

--Joe
desert_woodworker

Postby Lunarious1987 on Sun Oct 30, 2016 5:02 pm

Gottcha
Lunarious1987

Return to Feedback & Support