Welcome admin !

It is currently Sun Apr 23, 2017 10:34 pm
Pathway:  Board index Welcome to Zen Forum International Feedback & Support

ZFI "Most users ever online" statistic

For constructive feedback and support questions concerning ZFI.

ZFI "Most users ever online" statistic

Postby desert_woodworker on Tue Sep 27, 2016 5:49 am

I'm wondering how it happened that there was so much activity recently on the board as reported in the monitoring statistic below, which appears at the bottom left of some screens here:

"Most users ever online was 157 on Mon Sep 19, 2016 12:44 am"

[I'm logged-on from timezone (UTC - 7), so the time and date above are Mountain Standard Time].

Previously, I remember a large number of about 149 online, at about the date that ZFI was founded and first online, in 2009 I think.

Can that usage statistic be correct? We haven't seen many posts lodged lately. I wonder what could have caused such a burst of activity, or what quirk of monitoring could have caused such an error in accounting.

--Joe
desert_woodworker

Re: ZFI "Most users ever online" statistic

Postby fukasetsu on Tue Sep 27, 2016 5:59 am

I noticed it too a few hours ago Joe, must be a bug I know other forums who "suffer" from that, only way to fix it is to delete the database I guess.
I think it's been a while since an admin or techie has logged in.
Mijn Oude Vriend uit de woestijn begrijpt geen Nederlands. <3
fukasetsu

Postby [james] on Tue Sep 27, 2016 2:27 pm

desert_woodworker wrote:I'm wondering how it happened that there was so much activity recently on the board as reported in the monitoring statistic below, which appears at the bottom left of some screens here:

[I'm logged-on from timezone (UTC - 7), so the time and date above are Mountain Standard Time].

Previously, I remember a large number of about 149 online, at about the date that ZFI was founded and first online, in 2009 I think.

Can that usage statistic be correct? We haven't seen many posts lodged lately. I wonder what could have caused such a burst of activity, or what quirk of monitoring could have caused such an error in accounting.

--Joe

Something is amiss.

I had noticed a few weeks ago that the views number of some threads jumped suddenly from hundreds to thousands, the "Imagination" thread for example.

I've noticed too that, when logged in, the "View Active Topics" option does not yield the same results as when not logged in.

And again, when logged in, I am unable to "View (My) Posts". I am able to only view the last few posts of a longer thread or receive the message that "No posts exist in this this topic for the selected time frame."

The boat seems to be drifting.
[james]

Postby partofit22 on Tue Sep 27, 2016 10:59 pm

[james] wrote:
desert_woodworker wrote:I'm wondering how it happened that there was so much activity recently on the board as reported in the monitoring statistic below, which appears at the bottom left of some screens here:

--Joe

Something is amiss.

I had noticed a few weeks ago that the views number of some threads jumped suddenly from hundreds to thousands, the "Imagination" thread for example.

I've noticed too that, when logged in, the "View Active Topics" option does not yield the same results as when not logged in.

And again, when logged in, I am unable to "View (My) Posts". I am able to only view the last few posts of a longer thread or receive the message that "No posts exist in this this topic for the selected time frame."

The boat seems to be drifting.

I think one can opt out of having their threads be visible to guests. Which is why active topics do not reveal the same results when signed in as when signed out. I hope that made sense ..

But it has been that way for years. At least in my experience.
partofit22

Postby partofit22 on Tue Sep 27, 2016 11:05 pm

--Joe

I think it was late May 2009, the prior most online data.
partofit22

Postby fukasetsu on Thu Sep 29, 2016 12:24 am

partofit22 wrote:

Those might have been turtles, hence they pop up 7 years later :PP:
Mijn Oude Vriend uit de woestijn begrijpt geen Nederlands. <3
fukasetsu

Postby Caodemarte on Thu Sep 29, 2016 2:43 am

Not hungry ghosts?
Caodemarte

Postby Nothing on Thu Sep 29, 2016 11:41 am

Zen is going mainstream.
"There is no vestige of a beginning, no prospect of an end" - James Hutton
Nothing

Postby desert_woodworker on Wed Oct 05, 2016 4:01 pm

The mystery continues, then. :tongueincheek:

Maybe a moderator will one day reply, if the cause of the bump-up of this number is known. Just curious!

--Joe
desert_woodworker

Postby partofit22 on Wed Oct 05, 2016 10:16 pm

fukasetsu wrote:
partofit22 wrote:

Those might have been turtles, hence they pop up 7 years later :PP:

:tee:

or locust ..
partofit22

Postby partofit22 on Wed Oct 05, 2016 10:20 pm

crickets .. it's crickets ..
partofit22

Postby desert_woodworker on Thu Oct 06, 2016 4:24 am

Cicada.

Or the seven-year locust.