Welcome admin !

It is currently Wed Jul 26, 2017 11:40 pm
Pathway:  Board index Zen Discussion Forum ASK A TEACHER

Why did you tell me. Zen teachers (I remember people), that

A place exclusively to ask a Zen teacher a question. Questions for this forum are approved before posting and so will not appear immediately.

Moderator: Teacher

Why did you tell me. Zen teachers (I remember people), that

Postby Lunarious1987 on Mon Sep 05, 2016 1:57 am

That Koan means riddle with intention to stop the mind? I have Asperger. It is probably (AFAIK) not researched wheither they have photographic memory also at old "age" (physical age), but I remember. And they do have honor. All that I know of. Well, autists i don't ... I DO think they have honor too. ... And if honor does not matter what matters?

Also an Aspergers like me, suffers from solitude. You know they say; "You are alone but not really a-lone-r". Like a bad thing. ... I am trying to say, I have suffered unneccesarily and I want to know why. NOtice the word unnecesarily.

Peace
- Don't be thankful to be righteous. Be righteous to be thankful.
- Shia: "We are the friends/owners of proof, wherever it bends we bend."
- Imam Hussein was once asked: what is affluence? He said : Decreasing your wishes , and being satisfied with what is enough for you.”
Lunarious1987

Re: Why did you tell me. Zen teachers (I remember people), t

Postby Guo Gu on Mon Sep 26, 2016 3:32 am

lunarious,
we suffer unnecessarily because we want to be other than what we are.
when we accept ourselves, we can embrace ourselves. when we embrace, we can transform. when we transform, we naturally let go.
as for what a koan is, it's not a riddle, as if it is meant to be "solved" or "decoded" like cracking a code. unfortunately many practitioners think this way. a koan is also not meant to stop the mind. if it were, then ppl in an coma would realize a koan.
the stories of past koans are life scenarios; they point to your life.
asperger folks can also practice zen, like anyone else.
get out more, find a teacher, and connect with others.
a teacher's life is dedicated to sharing and helping all those who come his/her way. you would be accepted as you are.
be well, my friend.
guo gu
Founder and teacher of Tallahassee Chan Center of the Dharma Drum Lineage of Chan Buddhism
http://www.tallahasseechan.com/
Received inka from Master Sheng Yen (1930-2009) in 1995
Guo Gu
Teacher

Postby Lunarious1987 on Thu Sep 29, 2016 7:41 pm

I appreciate this.
- Imam Hussein was once asked: what is affluence? He said : Decreasing your wishes , and being satisfied with what is enough for you.”
Lunarious1987

Postby Lunarious1987 on Wed Oct 05, 2016 5:14 pm

But what about loving others.for clarity.
Lunarious1987

Postby Guo Gu on Thu Oct 20, 2016 4:20 am

yes, lunarious, connect with others. it starts with appreciating yourself.
be grateful,
guo gu
Founder and teacher of Tallahassee Chan Center of the Dharma Drum Lineage of Chan Buddhism
Guo Gu
Teacher

Postby Lunarious1987 on Thu Oct 20, 2016 5:20 am

@Guo Gu

As an unknown person. Because not long ago i was not aware of who I am. And i am excited now because I have learnt something new, but I might still change my mind and get bored, then I am back to the Ashura world. I recognize myself as Ashura, actually a healer (My name is healer in typology) Ashura. That makes me medicine man.

Ninjas used to blend in as medicinemen amongst others few. And love is important to them. Aswel courage. But i don't know how I can love other people effortlessly because I want freedom, and they want to confine me. Right now I am under compulsory treatment for being "sick". I've been under compulsion for 10 years and more.

The thing is I am not blending in. I am just myself. A free medicine man.

Peace
Lunarious1987

Postby Guo Gu on Sun Nov 06, 2016 4:26 pm

dear lunarious,

it's important to love yourself and heal yourself. do you have assess to a zen center? if so, start going and meet with the teacher on how to practice meditation. tell him/her about your treatment.

if you don't have assesss to a center or teacher, then practice meditation at home (there are resources online on how to meditate; see meido's videos on youtube) and be open to:

1) learning how to distinguish between your ideas of yourself, others, and the world and yourself, others, and the world. ground yourself in what is actually going on, what's actually here, what needs to be done. for example, if you're unsure whether you have interpreted someone's words correctedly, then double check with that person so see if you got what s/he is saying. if you're unsure if you're an ashura, talk to a person you respect (someone whose opinion you trust) and double check.

2) learn from the folks here, with a focus on developing correct views. there's always something new to learn. sometimes the folks here are direct/blunt, but they're being helpful. and of course if you have questions you can always send the teachers here a message.

be well,
guo gu
Guo Gu
Teacher

Postby Lunarious1987 on Mon Nov 07, 2016 3:11 pm

Thank you flower
Lunarious1987

Postby Guo Gu on Wed Dec 21, 2016 5:03 am

thank you, lunar.
may you appreciate flowers that are everywhere.
guo gu
Guo Gu
Teacher

Return to ASK A TEACHER