Welcome admin !

It is currently Fri Oct 20, 2017 4:03 am
Pathway:  Board index General Buddhist Discussion Mahayana Buddhism

Shinran Shonin: "There is no Buddha apart from the mind."

Discussion of general East-Asian Mahayana Buddhism, Sutras & Shastras.

Re: Shinran Shonin: "There is no Buddha apart from the mind.

Postby Michaeljc on Sun Jul 30, 2017 4:11 am

I think I give up

Wise decision Joe IMO

I ain't wast'n no more energy :lol2:
Michaeljc

Postby partofit22 on Sun Jul 30, 2017 4:31 am

Michaeljc wrote:It is hard to know what to do in a case like this. We have another one way valve

It is all about seeking attention IMO and all rather sad

Also, according to my observation an obsession with food and diet is very often a symptom of something more serious going on

Just a gut feeling

m

Says the cattle rancher :lol2:

I do see how making an effort to stop eating meat could be viewed as having something more serious going on!
partofit22

Postby Linda Anderson on Sun Jul 30, 2017 5:13 am

I am not a scholor, no matter... IMO it's. A conv about competition.... Pure land may talk about certain things.... But I doubt that they are talking about other sects.... Do not mix it up. Any more than going into a church we would compare it to Judiasm or Islam.
Each can be appreciated as it's own lamp. My Tibetan teachers easily acknowledge that all practices are designed for students with different sensibilities... No comparisons.

:) This a first for me.... On my phone...
Last edited by Linda Anderson on Sun Jul 30, 2017 6:43 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Not last night,
not this morning;
Melon flowers bloomed.
~ Bassho
Linda Anderson

Postby desert_woodworker on Sun Jul 30, 2017 4:34 pm

Jundo,

jundo wrote:However, while your Practice may be fine for you, and there are aspects of Zen and Pure that express each other, it is not what most folks Practice here, so if you want to Practice that, you may be in the wrong place.

As an aside, I note that when you write of practice, you capitalize the word, as "Practice" (use upper-case to start the word, that is).

I think that's wonderful, and shows great respect for the practice-forms we have inherited, and great respect for the moment and weight of the ongoing and established daily "sadhana" (as the Hindus lovingly call it), which helps refine and disclose the true lives and true heart of practitioners.

And I think that it therewith, thereby, and hereby discloses the true heart of "Jundo", too.

Thank you!, for this teaching. What a difference the SHIFT-key has made. And can make.

:rbow: :Namaste: :rbow: :Namaste: :rbow: :Namaste: ,

--Joe
desert_woodworker

Previous

Return to Mahayana Buddhism