Welcome admin !

It is currently Thu Jul 20, 2017 1:28 pm
Pathway:  Board index Zen Discussion Forum Zen Practice & Philosophy Zen Buddhism Chán

Mundane Projections

Discussion of Chinese Chán (禪) Buddhism.

Mundane Projections

Postby deci belle on Fri Nov 06, 2015 11:16 pm

i gots on a tear …haha!!

People attached to self-conscious concepts of social status who imagine buddhas lolling around in absolute buddhahood by virtue of static personal psychological identities relative to high and low will never have the opportunity to experience their own rude awakening.

The concept of god, as it were, is the same self-reflective ego projection of absolute facetiousness followed in ignorance of selfless reality by virtue of practical intellectual concerns long cultivated by the deluded for the purpose of unconsciously convenient psychological clinging. While otherwise tending to self-reifying practical matters of birth and death in energy-sucking service to conventional mores insidiously insinuated by black-backed inorganic beings (bwahahaa!!~ as if people need help maintaining ignorance), the hopeful masses perpetuate a ratio-synchretic consensus engendering the karmic matrix of the same old recurrent fascinations that accomplish nothing but continued entrapment of enlightening potential in endless cycles of stultified energy whereby humanity takes misery for pleasure.

YOUR OWN AWARENESS IS NONORIGINATED. THERE IS NO THING. AWARENESS IS ITSELF YOUR OWN TRUE IDENTITY. THE UNBORN LIVING AWARE SELFLESS SPIRITUAL POTENTIAL OF SAVIORS, PROPHETS AND SOCIALLY EXTOLLED SPIRITUAL EXEMPLARS IS NOT DIFFERENT THAN THAT OF ORDINARY PEOPLE.

ASCEND TO HEAVEN IN BROAD DAYLIGHT ON YOUR OWN, NATURALLY, WITHOUT TELLING ANYONE OR RELYING ON ANYTHING, INCLUDING YOUR OWN SELF-SERVING PREDILECTIONS PERPETUATING PERSONAL MUNDANE PROJECTIONS HABITUATED TO EGO-CONSCIOUS KARMIC DEPENDENCE. THE ONLY THING STOPPING PEOPLE FROM SEEING REALITY IS THEIR INABILITY TO STOP SHORT OF ACTING ON DELUSION. REALITY LOOKS THE SAME AS DELUSION; THERE ARE NO TWO MINDS.

It is the self-reifying projections of people’s own making that perpetuate the false ego-identity that obstructs people from seeing reality as is.

Master Lu said, “Nurture energy, forget words and maintain unity, conquer the mind, do nondoing. There is no thing; whom else do you seek?” Bodhidharma said, “Don’t know.” Not knowing enough to act on delusion is the message. Don Juan Matus said, “Things don’t change. You change your way of looking, that’s all.” These illuminates were clearly free of mundane projections.

Self-refinement is the intent to change the habituated personalistic perspective that projects consensual conventions onto wondrous inconceivability.
deci belle

Re: Mundane Projections

Postby fukasetsu on Mon Nov 09, 2015 5:13 pm

deci belle wrote: AWARENESS IS ITSELF YOUR OWN TRUE IDENTITY.

And yet it cannot be aware of itself, only conscious temporarely through a transient vehicle.
And the show goes on....

Mijn Oude Vriend uit de woestijn begrijpt geen Nederlands. <3
fukasetsu

Postby Michaeljc on Tue Nov 10, 2015 6:14 pm

forget words

Good advice
Michaeljc

Postby deci belle on Sat Nov 14, 2015 3:59 am

The real show is the one you have not as yet seen as itself, my dear.

What goes on is relative to this thing of yours.

There being no thing doesn't go on: it's your personal identity, not your real identity that goes on.— Awareness being your real identity is the one functioning spontaneously in response to situations by virtue of the situation's inherent potential.

I suggest you darken that intellectualism posing as light, presently enabling your shadow-play and see that awareness is what is aware as itself: that's your identity. That there's no other show in town isn't relative nor is it absolute: therefore, it doesn't go on. Why? Awareness has never moved. When you can account for that and express it without leaving anything or taking anything, I will acknowledge it for you.
deci belle

Postby deci belle on Sat Nov 14, 2015 6:36 am

The point is, those habituated to the the dog and pony show that "goes on", and mistake it for others' mind, mistake it for their own as well.

A frog in a well can only imagine the nature of the sky.

Those who see their nature, do not mistake Mind for a personal thinking self because there is no self to mistake. That's who you really are, in terms of awareness, i.e.: not-self. Awareness is unborn, selfless, immaterial spiritual non-being. It's your real identity in perpetuity.

I assure you, not-self is your spiritual capacity in this very body, right now, IN SPITE OF WHAT YOU TAKE FOR YOURSELF AS KNOWER.

IT DOES NOT GO ANYWHERE

This is precisely what does not "go on". As I said above~ this has never moved. So when I say that awareness is your real identity, that's not the thinker, nor is it thoughts— therefore, this one who reflects on the show that goes on, does not know there is no admittance to the show that has no beginning. Admittance (as if there were an inside or outside to speak of), is a matter of dropping the skin-bag, and carrying on in the world in spite of the fact that no one knows this is the case.

The sixth patriarch spent 15 years in the aftermath of his awakening and escape from the followers of the fifth patriarch amongst mountain-folk learning to adapt enlightenment to conditions. Qualities of spiritual leadership, much less continued refinement in the aftermath of the sudden, is not a matter of buddhahood. Conditions themselves are what constitute the empty field that is cultivated by adepts. Buddhahood is simply the ongoing expression of selfless spontaneous adaption to conditions without ever admitting one's own power.

Reality is not a matter of thinking relative to what "goes on"; it is a matter of not knowing what "goes on".

ed note: change "and" to "an" in 2nd to last paragraph; typo, penultimate sentence
deci belle

Postby TigerDuck on Sat Nov 14, 2015 7:32 am

deci belle wrote:Reality is not a matter of thinking relative to what "goes on"; it is a matter of not knowing what "goes on".

I think not knowing what is going on belongs to robot society???

Through nonconceptuality, he is immovable.

[Nagarjuna]
TigerDuck

Postby deci belle on Sun Nov 15, 2015 3:37 pm

Tiger Duck— I logged on to change the last line that you have commented on.

I wanted to change the line from "it is a matter of not knowing what "goes on" to "it is a matter of not knowing "going on". Why? Firstly, because there is no going on to begin with, and more importantly, because the subtlety of "originally there is no thing", must not be overlooked (the word "what" constitutes things). "Going on" constitutes polluted energy potential fallen into the created having karmic momentum.

There being no thing is your perpetual identity of nonoriginated selfless aware spiritual potential— no different than that which constitutes reality. Selflessness is the meaning of unity. It doesn't diminish or add to anything. Nothing can be done about the fact of you being you. Awakening to your essential being is seeing the mind which knows there is nothing to know. That's not knowing.

Dealing with the world on its terms from the perspective of knowing there's nothing to know, doesn't make one a robot! It frees one from that which constitutes the robot society you are already contributing to.

Of course, this is inconceivability and you won't have much invested in it until your virtue is sufficient enough to recognize your inherent affinity as enlightening being neither absolute nor conditional, functioning in the world spontaneously unbeknownst to anyone.

As for your concern, this is the fear of all gentlemen of letters who cannot fathom Bodhidharma's "Don't know", and fear the abyss constituting true emptiness. You said, "I think not knowing…". It is the thinking mind which constitutes the identity which knows fear relative to the false self. This is what self-reification is. You don't have to see reality relative to the self that thinks. You can just see reality as it is without taking anything away from the mind that thinks (except its intellectual concept of absoluteness in terms of having a self).

The famous Western philosophical quote, "I think, therefore I am." illustrates this perfectly. In letting the thinking mind atrophy (without generating any anticipatory or compensatory mental neurosis), after a long, long time, the ego-function eventually ceases to maintain its need to exist, as such, and can then take its place as servant (being the psychological apparatus), no longer to usurp the true identity of the being that is going to die. The true master of the being that is going to die is one's selfless nonpsychological open awareness— the one you fear as the abyss falling into "robot society'— heehee!!❤︎❤︎

This is the same abhorrence shared by the first Westerners (and others) when reading such lines as:

"Not exalting cleverness causes the people not to contend." or "Therefore the government of sages empties the mind and fills the belly, weakens ambition and strengthens bones, always keeping the people ignorant and passionless" (Laotzi, Ch. 3). Another one is, "Sages are not humane; they see all people as straw dogs." (Laotzi, Ch. 5).

The ego mentality in all people is just the root of this fear of that which is not itself (not constituting the false self). The point of self refinement is to discover the basis (of Mind) which enables the natural relationship of ego function to be in service to the open serenity of not knowing (the mind which) "goes on".

True emptiness is that which is void of emptiness. This is your true identity. It doesn't change anything because it is itself Changelessness. In Changelessness, there is nothing to fear. Awakening to this is the recondite aspect or capacity of Mind which sees reality as is: perpetually on the brink of going into action. This is the wonder of inconceivability (and the key to seeing potential). If you were to awaken on the spot, you would be surprised to see yourself surrounded by "robot society" and you wouldn't mind one iota. You would know that there is absolutely nothing to know about it. That's not ignorance, i.e.: "robot society." That's just seeing reality as is, and adapting impersonally, on behalf of reality.

This is why enlightening being is found to be in partnership with creation, not subject to its changing. This is enlightening function being entry into the inconceivable. One's virtue becomes the basis of receptivity to the Way's selfless qualities.

Selflessness is not people, so it is not a moral imperative: it's just the selfless expression of the impersonal nature of objective nonpsychological awareness. Selflessness sees "all people as straw dogs". The Dharma-eye is perpetually open in all people. Reality and delusion look exactly the same because they are the same. As Don Juan Matus said, "Things don't change, you just change your way of looking, that's all." So I promise not knowing won't turn you into a robot!!

I hope this helps a little bit, Tiger-Duck…❤︎.

ed note: add to 2nd line; typo, 6th paragraph; add "(and the key to seeing potential)" to paragraph 10
deci belle

Return to Chán