Welcome admin !

It is currently Wed Oct 18, 2017 9:18 pm
Pathway:  Board index General Discussion Forum and Lounge Other Traditions

Zen & Other Traditions

Discussion of other spiritual or religious traditions with Zen in mind.

Re: Zen & Other Traditions

Postby maaeso on Mon Aug 21, 2017 8:02 am

Dang it didn't show that cat/monk thing...
maaeso

Postby fukasetsu on Mon Aug 21, 2017 1:48 pm

maaeso wrote:Dang it didn't show that cat/monk thing...

It's funny though, cats can't be anything other then cats, it's simply in our nature.
Humans imagine to be Buddhas, but when we pay attention to cats or birds and simply observe
we learn to forget and let go of the concept of being a human or anything in particular.

Trees have no concept of being a tree and still they produce miraculous fruits,
if we were trees we'd go "I don't want to stand beside that other tree, it's an ugly tree, + it's not a democrat tree like me, that tree will burn in hell for it's not a Jesus tree, and this Mahayana tree is the best tree of all, only I will reach Buddhahood this very lifetime" :lol2:

Be like a tree or a cat, the rest is out of our hands.

Scannen0002-3.jpg

This is fuki when still a kitten, It was inevitable that one day she would roar just like her mother.
No practise is sufficient, no effort, she roars as it is in her nature, where does the Essence not reveal itself?

No room for imitation or imagination... a human baby is born and one day it hears tales about "becoming a Buddha"
or being reborn in the "Pure Land"
Scannen0003-1.jpg

Wonderful stories, but better to just rest and pay attention.
5.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Everyone for President!
fukasetsu

Postby maaeso on Tue Aug 22, 2017 9:48 pm

fukasetsu wrote:
maaeso wrote:Dang it didn't show that cat/monk thing...

It's funny though, cats can't be anything other then cats, it's simply in our nature.
Humans imagine to be Buddhas, but when we pay attention to cats or birds and simply observe
we learn to forget and let go of the concept of being a human or anything in particular.

Trees have no concept of being a tree and still they produce miraculous fruits,
if we were trees we'd go "I don't want to stand beside that other tree, it's an ugly tree, + it's not a democrat tree like me, that tree will burn in hell for it's not a Jesus tree, and this Mahayana tree is the best tree of all, only I will reach Buddhahood this very lifetime" :lol2:

Be like a tree or a cat, the rest is out of our hands.

Scannen0002-3.jpg

This is fuki when still a kitten, It was inevitable that one day she would roar just like her mother.
No practise is sufficient, no effort, she roars as it is in her nature, where does the Essence not reveal itself?

No room for imitation or imagination... a human baby is born and one day it hears tales about "becoming a Buddha"
or being reborn in the "Pure Land"
Scannen0003-1.jpg

Wonderful stories, but better to just rest and pay attention.
5.jpg

Your on a roll with good posts lately ;)
maaeso

Previous

Return to Other Traditions