Welcome admin !

It is currently Mon Aug 21, 2017 6:49 pm
Pathway:  Board index General Discussion Forum and Lounge Other Traditions

Sufi meditation

Discussion of other spiritual or religious traditions with Zen in mind.

Sufi meditation

Postby Lunarious1987 on Wed Aug 10, 2016 4:11 am

Hello all. How are you?

I want to talk about Sufi meditation. My sufi friend gave me a breath control excersice. He said:

-On the floor sit cross legged on your prayer rug in direction of Mecca (sitting on the floor is an act of humbleness)
-Then with short thoughts and words of intention start the exercise; the intention is why you are doing what you are getting ready to do: the intention is to get breath control and clear the mind.
-Exhale as deep as you can
-As you inhale as slow as possible breathe in thru the nose, and say in your mind “In the name of Allah” spread these words out so when you start with the inhaling you start with the words and at the end of the words you end the inhaling
-Hold for around 3 seconds
-Exhale as slow as possible also thru the nose and say in your mind “By the Will of Allah” again spread these words out so when you start with the exhaling you start with the words and at the end of the words you end the exhaling.
-Repeat

But I also want to meditate on a Zafu and think, for myself and not for Allah and peace. I want to think and reflect. Do you guys hold your breath too? How do you do it? I've asked before, but the response was bad. Not Generous.

Peace
- Don't be thankful to be righteous. Be righteous to be thankful.
- Shia: "We are the friends/owners of proof, wherever it bends we bend."
- Imam Hussein was once asked: what is affluence? He said : Decreasing your wishes , and being satisfied with what is enough for you.”
Lunarious1987

Return to Other Traditions