Welcome admin !

It is currently Fri Aug 18, 2017 11:47 am
Pathway:  Board index General Buddhist Discussion Mahayana Buddhism Far-east Asian Buddhism

Tiantai School (Encylopedia of Buddhism, Buswell, 2005)

With a focus on the non-Zen Mahayana schools flowing from China, Japan, Korea, etc.

Re: Tiantai School (Encylopedia of Buddhism, Buswell, 2005)

Postby klqv on Tue Sep 06, 2011 7:40 am

Gregory Wonderwheel wrote:
klqv wrote:
the Three Truths remains too conceptual while the One Truth must be realized or manifested in one's own life and is not encompassed by any concept
ha!

so we should shorn buddhism of every concept that is not obvious?

:lol2: :heya:

That is not the way I would draw a conclusion from what was stated, but there is a seed of truth in it.

hi,

thanks for recccognizing my good will gregory!
like the bit about the more sinitic sutras - thanks :)
God is dead!
klqv

Re: Tiantai School (Encylopedia of Buddhism, Buswell, 2005)

Postby klqv on Tue Sep 06, 2011 7:50 am

question: :lol2: ... do all zen practitioners practice with tiantai comprehension of the truth? do any - significant practitioners i guess i mean?

hmm, i don't really want to be the guy that likes to set up divisions in buddhism... but is that a division in buddhism :lol2: ??

RE brands: yes i know that Huifeng was not saying that the different churches are brands. i was just trying to say that what might be glossed as branding is actually - at least very common sense!

cheers :rbow:
God is dead!
klqv

Previous

Return to Far-east Asian Buddhism