Welcome admin !

It is currently Mon Sep 25, 2017 6:11 pm
Pathway:  Board index General Buddhist Discussion Mahayana Buddhism Tibetan Buddhism

Tibetan Book of the Dead DVD

With a focus on the Tibetan, Nepalese, and Mongolian forms of Mahayana Buddhism

Tibetan Book of the Dead DVD

Postby zengilnv on Thu Nov 03, 2011 4:43 am

'The Tibetan book of the Dead' DVD (2009) narrated by Leonard Cohen is a quality DVD that shows how a Tibetan Buddhist community in a Himalayan village deals with death.
The DVD touched lightly on some beliefs from the Tibetan book of the Dead and also had a 20 minute bonus footage of a Buddhist group in a Nova Scotia fishing community.

:Namaste: , Gil
zengilnv

Re: Tibetan Book of the Dead DVD

Postby zengilnv on Thu Nov 03, 2011 4:54 am

I just noticed youtube has a trailer for this DVD

My apologies if this DVD has been reviewed here already.

zengilnv

Postby 1handclapping on Thu Nov 03, 2011 4:59 am

There's another Tibetan Book of the Dead feature film video produced by a Japanese film crew, that is a combination of live footage of a man near death in a small village, then it shows preparations to cremate him, and the cremation, with narration going all the while, plus an animated segment that illustrates his travel through the bardo state, with narration from the Book of the Dead. The title of the film is simply: The Tibetan Book of the Dead. It's been out for years, now, and it's quite good.
1handclapping

Postby TTT on Thu Nov 03, 2011 11:20 am

I downloaded this DVD for the net some years ago. I dont remember much of it. I think i will buy it when i get the mony for it. Its about the bardos. There are more then one "category" of em. The bardo of life is like all of em "in one bardo". Its a good move.
thanks
When
TTT

Return to Tibetan Buddhism