Welcome admin !

It is currently Fri May 26, 2017 3:57 pm
Pathway:  Board index General Buddhist Discussion General Buddha Dharma

Right Speech in the Digital Age

For discussion of Buddha Dharma, including teachings common to all Buddhist schools, such as the Four Noble Truths, Dependent Origination, etc., that is not specific to Mahayana or Therevada

Re: Right Speech in the Digital Age

Postby Trolnieser on Mon Oct 21, 2013 4:32 am

Bosquedeloro wrote: I'm noticing here that so many are so completely enlightened online that it is practically an embarrassment to impart an emotion, vulnerability, mistake, unforgivable lapsed moment of self or otherwise authentic 'flawed' human response.

Well thank you. I try not to throw it in people's faces but, you know... it's hard to hide. It's even harder to hide it in person. trust me. But the good thing is, I've always got lots of good advice for you. And, I can tell, Bosquedeloro, that you would appreciate that. :)
Trolnieser

Postby lobster on Mon Oct 21, 2013 9:31 am

Right Emotional Intelligence Online

Our beloved and pure Taigu operates from an OD of Right Emotional Intelligence Online . . . and we are better for his example. Well most are. Some of us are beyond redemption, salvation or just a sense of decorum. Mentioning no names but my own . . . :dance:

:hide:

Being a ninja by inclination if not capacity :ninja: I have to ensure I carry a huge and liberal dose of cyber hugs and cyber flowers . . .

Those of us of genuine tenderness and humility will find it easy to sense the underlying motivation, emotional status and level of emptiness if it is present :lool:

For those of us without the capacity or tendency to be Nothing or at least Nothing much, a good hug and silly dance goes a long way :hugs: :dance:

:heya:
lobster

Postby PeterB on Mon Oct 21, 2013 10:43 am

Gosh, it must be wonderful to have ' genuine humility '. I guess for now I will have to make do with the false variety.
PeterB

Postby Trolnieser on Mon Oct 21, 2013 6:08 pm

OOps. Not sure I understand the last few posts. I was joking around with Bosquedeloro. I hope I didn't offend. It's probably stupid to try and joke around when it's hard enough to make a basic point clear! My conversation totally fits under the subject heading!
Anyway, all good. I'm enjoying the forum very much.
Trolnieser

Postby lobster on Wed Oct 23, 2013 8:57 am

PeterB wrote:Gosh . . .
No surprise there then . . . :PP:
lobster

Postby klqv on Fri Oct 25, 2013 9:17 am

play nice!

all sorts of things, like ideas and motivation, come up in the mind. It's just key to keep our heart on what really matters as you have said.
:)

is right motivation nothing more than a stepping step on the way to right conduct?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Noble_Eigh ... d_division
God is dead!
klqv

Postby Bosquedeloro on Thu Oct 31, 2013 3:30 am

Regrets if I stirred up something...looking back at my post it seems to have an edge I did not intend even while hoping to communicate authentically. Mores to the point....it seems. I will again visit some zendo or other, I'm sure. I can't seem to shake it off - the call of it.

Those damn blossoms just will not climb back up the tree and the weeds really do overtake me.

Best to all
Bosquedeloro

Postby Carol on Thu Oct 31, 2013 4:53 am

Bosquedeloro wrote:Regrets if I stirred up something...looking back at my post it seems to have an edge I did not intend even while hoping to communicate authentically. Mores to the point....it seems. I will again visit some zendo or other, I'm sure. I can't seem to shake it off - the call of it.

Those damn blossoms just will not climb back up the tree and the weeds really do overtake me.

Best to all

I'm very glad for your post and whatever may have been stirred up (or not). Internet communication is tricky, often we miss our cues or read into words something that isn't intended ... all based on our experiences and presumptions and views. That's the interesting part of internet communications for me ... seeing that I project onto others and others project onto me, and we get this feedback through interaction that can be illuminating or confusing or both. Good will and good intentions ... basic friendliness ... is what seems to see us through.

Thanks for your generosity in joining in.

:Namaste:

~Carol
Practitioners who cultivate the personal realization of buddha knowledge dwell in the bliss of whatever is present and do not abandon their practice.
~Lankavatara Sutra
Carol
Global Moderator

Postby desert_woodworker on Thu Oct 31, 2013 5:14 am

A dear friend taught me once that "Words are Goads".

Indeed, we sometimes send out our speech in order to goad others to ACT.

Its effects can't always be depended on. But we can always depend on our intentions; or the need that we perceive; or the help that we surmise might ensue. Yet, we are in a relationship. If speech is ineffective, we might try a punch in the belly. Or, use your further physical experience and wisdom to find an opening, or hot-spot. There is no "mind".

--Joe
"The abundance of Nature is not a matter of its 'providing' ". -- William James, c. 1901.

"I'd like to say thank-you on behalf of the band and ourselves, and I hope we passed the audition". -- John Lennon, clowning on the Let It Be album (1970) recording session.
desert_woodworker

Previous

Return to General Buddha Dharma