Welcome admin !

It is currently Sun Oct 22, 2017 6:20 pm
Pathway:  Board index General Buddhist Discussion General Buddha Dharma

"Shelter In-Place"...

For discussion of Buddha Dharma, including teachings common to all Buddhist schools, such as the Four Noble Truths, Dependent Origination, etc., that is not specific to Mahayana or Therevada

Re: "Shelter In-Place"...

Postby desert_woodworker on Mon Sep 18, 2017 3:32 pm

Teresa,

partofit22 wrote:I'll bite, AB negative- Three storms in the Atlantic- What do you think the chances are?

No matter how hard I study, between blood donations, I can't seem to raise my grade! Nope. Alas. It remains "A-" (A-minus, er-r, I mean A-Negative). I think 6 percent of the US pop'n has this type. Not "rare", just a bit scarce.

Yes, I see the Atl. storms. Hmm. One of them is already battering the Windward Islands today (or are they the Leewards?). It seems the Atl. Hurricane Season still has some juice in it. Unfortunately it looks like more "feng-shui", Wind and Water, is on the way. ;-(

--Joe
desert_woodworker

Postby organizational on Mon Sep 18, 2017 4:00 pm

organizational wrote:hello everyone,!!

how are you?
:PP:

nothing to Talk?
Follow White
organizational

Postby desert_woodworker on Mon Sep 18, 2017 4:05 pm

org'l, Enver,

Blood types.
Hurricanes.
Zen Buddhism.

Safe here, thanks. No hurricanes in the desert lately.
:Namaste:,

--Joe
Last edited by desert_woodworker on Mon Sep 18, 2017 6:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
desert_woodworker

Postby macdougdoug on Mon Sep 18, 2017 5:36 pm

Over here in Northern Europe some meteorological analysts are predicting : no temperature rise in France and UK due to global warming - because of colder water in the north Atlantic due to melting icebergs. Don't know if this takes into account the fellows trying to build machines to increase volume of ice at the poles?
macdougdoug
Global Moderator

Postby organizational on Mon Sep 18, 2017 6:41 pm

"When we practice mindfulness in our daily lives we open to the wonders of life and allow the world to heal and nourish us."

Thich Nhat Hanh
Follow White
organizational

Postby partofit22 on Tue Sep 19, 2017 3:46 pm

organizational wrote:"When we practice mindfulness in our daily lives we open to the wonders of life and allow the world to heal and nourish us."

Thich Nhat Hanh

Thank you for the nourishing quote- :heya:
partofit22

Postby partofit22 on Tue Sep 19, 2017 4:10 pm

Watched a technical doc the other night about the rising seas and what techs have done about it in the past around the globe and intend to in the future but all appeared to agree that in the end the sea will be sea and weather will be weather and people will have to move inland to live- As little kids we'd run towards the outgoing waves and towards shore away from them on days when the surf was rough- But it costs adults too much money to do this- I think maybe I don't want to support any efforts to rebuild yet again where something once stood that's gone for good- Then again sometimes I do when I consider people's livelihoods -- and preservation- Super storm Sandy wiped away landmarks that I thought contained some of my earliest childhood memories but at the same time was kind enough to leave these arcade mirrors behind which provided a fun lesson -- and continued laughter ..

therealyou.jpg

So if you ever visit the Jersey coast to see what's no longer there and get your heart all sorts of broken, you absolutely need to visit these mirrors before you leave ..

:)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
partofit22

Postby desert_woodworker on Wed Sep 20, 2017 1:07 pm

The dean or doyen of American science fiction, Robert Heinlein, wrote,

"Climate is what you expect; Weather is what you get".
This seems to be true of all of life, besides. ;)

--Joe
desert_woodworker

Previous

Return to General Buddha Dharma