Welcome admin !

It is currently Tue Oct 24, 2017 6:50 am
Pathway:  Board index General Buddhist Discussion General Buddha Dharma

Mahayana or Hinayana

For discussion of Buddha Dharma, including teachings common to all Buddhist schools, such as the Four Noble Truths, Dependent Origination, etc., that is not specific to Mahayana or Therevada

Mahayana or Hinayana

Postby Lunarious1987 on Wed Nov 09, 2016 9:36 pm

There is a golden quote which says: "You should treat others the way you want to treat yourself. This can be demanding. This wise perspective. It is mahayana.

Another perspective on this says: "You should treat others the way you want them to treat you". This is not so precise. It is more comssionate. On another note, not so compassionate on the long run. This is hiniayana.

There is no better or worse, you get back what you give and it is yours. No point of being jealous or angry.

And another quote which says: "Instead of saying i'll live for you and you live for me, we'll say you live for you for me and I live for me for you." That is we have to be egoistic.

And further....
- Don't be thankful to be righteous. Be righteous to be thankful.
- Shia: "We are the friends/owners of proof, wherever it bends we bend."
- Imam Hussein was once asked: what is affluence? He said : Decreasing your wishes , and being satisfied with what is enough for you.”
Lunarious1987

Re: Mahayana or Hinayana

Postby Lunarious1987 on Wed Nov 09, 2016 10:37 pm

I think the first perspective, what i called mahaya is so when you are an adult. Before that you are, adulthood, we are all hinayana. However, inborn warriors of light are mahayana all the way, for them is 'sudden enlightenment', as i said, nothing changes for them.

However i've been caught under the transition from mahayana to mahayana, so i was vulnerable. And my shell was broken from outside, death. My light was extinguished and my heart changed and i am now lost.

@Gou Gu I trust no one. Except my mother father, teachers imaams and priests and Allah first and last. This trust has been severed.
- Don't be thankful to be righteous. Be righteous to be thankful.
- Shia: "We are the friends/owners of proof, wherever it bends we bend."
- Imam Hussein was once asked: what is affluence? He said : Decreasing your wishes , and being satisfied with what is enough for you.”
Lunarious1987

Return to General Buddha Dharma