Welcome admin !

It is currently Fri Sep 22, 2017 5:38 am
Pathway:  Board index General Buddhist Discussion General Buddha Dharma

Thank you

For discussion of Buddha Dharma, including teachings common to all Buddhist schools, such as the Four Noble Truths, Dependent Origination, etc., that is not specific to Mahayana or Therevada

Thank you

Postby anka on Fri Jul 29, 2016 11:53 pm

This board has been an on and off affair for me, almost as much as my practice lately. Zazen sessions are few at the moment as hours logged at work have been many.

Thank you all for your practice, it effects the life of those around you more then you may know.

Remember when life gets difficult, the grass is still green, the sky is still blue, and when living in the moment nothing is right or wrong, it simply is.

:peace:
anka

Re: Thank you

Postby Guo Gu on Sat Aug 06, 2016 5:26 pm

thank you, anka.
guo gu
Founder and teacher of Tallahassee Chan Center of the Dharma Drum Lineage of Chan Buddhism
http://www.tallahasseechan.org/
Received inka from Master Sheng Yen (1930-2009) in 1995
Guo Gu
Teacher

Postby fukasetsu on Mon Aug 08, 2016 7:24 am

anka wrote:
Thank you all for your practice, it effects the life of those around you more then you may know.

Remember when life gets difficult, the grass is still green, the sky is still blue, and when living in the moment nothing is right or wrong, it simply is.

:peace:

Thanks anka, being able to deal with disappointment, setback, difficulty is what shows/builds character.
No one has control over what happens, only with how one deals (reacts/behaves) with what happens.
And the way we react to things silently shows others that it's not needed to habitually react a certain way,
which works much better then talking and preaching.
So I consider every happening, big or small a blessing. :heya:
Everyone for President!
fukasetsu

Postby cam101+ on Wed Sep 28, 2016 8:21 pm

My practice has always waned and come back over the decades. It's normal. BUT, at this point in my life (65 years of age), if I was faced w/ your dilemma I would try my hardest to get my work hours cut back, and if that was not possible, it would be time to look for a different place to work. You can always get another job, but this is your one opportunity to have this precious opportunity in a human body. Don't waste it!

Even while writing this, I just realized that my age has nothing to do w/ anything, nor does yours. This moment is all we really have, and the future is unknown for all sentient beings irregardless of their ages. When my practice has waned for various reasons, there was always a time of playing catch up to get back into the swing of regular daily practice. This has led me to rethink whether I would want to go through that again even if I were 20. Why assume that there will even be another opportunity to play catch up? Why assume anything? That is very dangerous and delusional thinking.

Katz!

Or,pfffffft if you prefer :]
cam101+

Return to General Buddha Dharma