Welcome admin !

It is currently Tue Oct 24, 2017 1:25 am
Pathway:  Board index General Discussion Forum and Lounge Current Events & Politics

Trump turns Boy Scouts event into political rally

Re: Trump turns Boy Scouts event into political rally

Postby fukasetsu on Tue Aug 22, 2017 9:18 pm

partofit22 wrote:Why aren't all monuments, statues, memorials created equal?

Their equal in their resting place not open to human public, birds will shit on all statues equally :)
Everyone for President!
fukasetsu

Postby partofit22 on Tue Aug 22, 2017 9:39 pm

fukasetsu wrote:

Their equal in their resting place not open to human public, birds will shit on all statues equally :)

:)
partofit22

Postby desert_woodworker on Tue Aug 22, 2017 10:17 pm

Marcel,

fukasetsu wrote:
desert_woodworker wrote:OK, and, well, LOTS of destruction of Buddha images in Tibet with the inrush of the Chinese Han taking over the country, and continuing now. And destruction of Living Buddhas, there. :cry:

It's no longer hip anymore to mention Tibet Joe, like everything that's posted and reposted becoming a collective viral sensation, eventually loses its allure. Like Trump will too.

Fuki, if I ever feign to be "hip", dispatch me quickly, please. Or, that is, in (Central-California-) "Valley-speak": "gag me with a spoon". :lol2:

I can't feign to be hip. Nor even 'hep' (which goes back a ways... ). Yet, I live with 'hep-cats', "fur" sure.

fuki wrote:Did you know the handpicked next Dalai Lama was kidnapped by China and is probably still being indoctrinated, if he's alive that is. They are creating their own next Dalai Lama, a fake copy of an imitaton, maybe an emperor will even compose a book in his name and make it a "modern" testament of the truth.

Yes. Heard about it. What a joke. Ought to be a law (there is: "k-a-r-m-a"). Their abomination will not fly.
I think the next Dalai Lama will certainly be a woman, if the present Dalai Lama has his head screwed-on right. Starting as a girl-child, that is. :Namaste:

But that's all a part of another topic.

--Joe
desert_woodworker

Postby fukasetsu on Tue Aug 22, 2017 11:01 pm

:lol2:

Noted about the spoon Joe, and agreed on the girl-child :)
Everyone for President!
fukasetsu

Postby fukasetsu on Tue Aug 22, 2017 11:03 pm

partofit22 wrote:
fukasetsu wrote:

:)

20170822_235326.jpg

This one chases pigeons away since its arrival,
so the human owners of the stadium are happy with the falcon.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Everyone for President!
fukasetsu

Postby fukasetsu on Wed Aug 23, 2017 2:29 pm

desert_woodworker wrote:Yes. Heard about it. What a joke. Ought to be a law (there is: "k-a-r-m-a").

We create the plot as we go along don't we, how else would we move the theatre?
Which reminds me, perhaps this Trump fellow can use a little bit support, don't see how "demonizing" him (regardless of his own play) would make the movie more pleasant, I heared he's pretty sensitive regarding critique on his human persona.
He's one of us too afterall.
Everyone for President!
fukasetsu

Postby Linda Anderson on Wed Aug 23, 2017 2:52 pm

fukasetsu wrote:Which reminds me, perhaps this Trump fellow can use a little bit support, don't see how "demonizing" him (regardless of his own play) would make the movie more pleasant, I heared he's pretty sensitive regarding critique on his human persona.
He's one of us too afterall.

good point.... As much as I dislike his rhetoric, I am disturbed by the demonization which has turned ugly and obsessive IMO. He is duly elected. Much of it is a distraction from what is actually happening. I have a friend who does rituals for his removal, others who use the false news to justify their wish to remove him... yada, yada. Apart from his racism, etc... he was on the right track with detente with Russia... that is, until the generals got a hold of him. Getting rid of DT will not solve the problems, the repugs are determined to dismantle the country. There is a mystery afoot and Leila/karma is at play.

Still, it's most important to see it as it is.
Not last night,
not this morning;
Melon flowers bloomed.
~ Bassho
Linda Anderson

Postby fukasetsu on Wed Aug 23, 2017 3:01 pm

If we neither love or hate, like or dislike, support or anti-support we dont react from our psychological patterns, any critique then would be constructive. If I were the President all this support would distract me from doing the job, rather have civilians and those selected in office help make the best decision possible relating to my ability and potential.
Not to our own ideology, you cant satisfy everyone

The looking in the sun eclipse thingy is viral now, just so all those who oppose him can call him more stupid.
I think that's what the nation needs more of. :whatever:

Yes Linda most of our karma is collective, in a way it all is.
Everyone for President!
fukasetsu

Postby Spike on Wed Aug 23, 2017 3:04 pm

Some of his policies may deserve support, but those who have been cheated, lied to, groped or colluded against by the president will recognize that his character is not up to presidential or even normal societal standards. He has already obstructed justice by firing Comey, and now comes news that he may have similarly pressured McConnell to protect him from the Russia investigation, which would also be obstruction. The Steele dossier may explode at any moment, and likely will create unbearable pressure on him, until Mueller finally provides the coup-de-grace.
Ripple in still water
When there is no pebble tossed
Nor wind to blow. --R.H.
Spike

Postby Linda Anderson on Wed Aug 23, 2017 3:07 pm

yep, that too.... based on facts and law. Then, we have Pence who is far more dangerous IMO. Sold his soul.

I just saw on TYT this morning.... 14% support DT no matter what he does.
Not last night,
not this morning;
Melon flowers bloomed.
~ Bassho
Linda Anderson

Postby desert_woodworker on Wed Aug 23, 2017 3:17 pm

Remove him ASAP. Impeachment would do. And remain vigilant with respect to the character and affiliations of any successors, and of the extreme right-wing wave, which is not going away.

What may result is a situation like "out of the frying-pan, into the FIRE", as I think Linda intimates.

But the current resident besmirches the Office, and must go. Impeach.

--Joe

ps if the incorrigible resident (winner of The Unpopular Vote) were a Member of ZFI, I think the Moderator(s) would have bagged-him-up or given him the hook long ago (during "the campaign").

the_Vaudeville_hook.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by desert_woodworker on Wed Aug 23, 2017 3:25 pm, edited 2 times in total.
desert_woodworker

Postby fukasetsu on Wed Aug 23, 2017 3:23 pm

Joe perhaps the president needs moderators, so the members wont have to select him for impeachment.

Are their any known guidelines to the TOS regarding those in office or the president?

If so I'd like to read them.

And how many warnings does a president get before banned from office? Is there already one investigation finished regarding obstruction of law and so on?
Everyone for President!
fukasetsu

Postby fukasetsu on Wed Aug 23, 2017 3:24 pm

desert_woodworker wrote:
ps if the resident (the winner of the Unpopular Vote) were a Member of ZFI, I think the Moderator(s) would have bagged him up or given him the hook long ago

Haha you read my mind Joe, what fun to meet like that again.
Everyone for President!
fukasetsu

Postby desert_woodworker on Wed Aug 23, 2017 3:36 pm

Marcel,

fukasetsu wrote:Are their any known guidelines to the TOS regarding those in office or the president?

Yes, summarized as, "being a Human-Being". :tongueincheek:

fuki wrote:If so I'd like to read them.

Please WRITE them. We need a civilizing influence, here. :Namaste:

fuki wrote:And how many warnings does a president get before banned from office? Is there already one investigation finished regarding obstruction of law and so on?

It's up to the Senate, I think, at any point. It will be good to allow the investigations to reach conclusions, first.

But even then I'd like first to see the People institute or instigate and engage in an overwhelming public and official "Vote of No-Confidence" (with no influence by the Russians or by the Director of the FBI, this time) to serve to minimize the opportunity for a noisy or bloody Constitutional Crisis to grow out of his peremptory removal. It will be the People's Will, in that case, not a tainted whim of one Party or persuasion. Yes, there will be consternation in the minority, but it will have been done "by-(according to... )-the-book".

best!,

--Joe
desert_woodworker

Postby Linda Anderson on Wed Aug 23, 2017 3:54 pm

and, as we know by now....

Step by step in the dark – if your foot’s not wet, it found the stone
~ Shaku Soyen

ps... I had forgotten the end of this... Google helped me out. My old friend and sangha mate has a blog, 12 Steps and Zen :ghug:

here's another one ....

Koan: One day when Dongshan and a monk were washing their bowls, they saw two crows fighting over a frog.
The monk asked, “Why does it always have to be like that?”

Dongshan replied, “It’s only for your benefit, honored one.”
Not last night,
not this morning;
Melon flowers bloomed.
~ Bassho
Linda Anderson

Postby fukasetsu on Wed Aug 23, 2017 5:33 pm

Linda Anderson wrote:
Koan: One day when Dongshan and a monk were washing their bowls, they saw two crows fighting over a frog.
The monk asked, “Why does it always have to be like that?”

Dongshan replied, “It’s only for your benefit, honored one.”

Funny the moment I read this these two pigeons were fighting on my balcony, they do it every morning and evening but still was a nice "co-sync-something-event"
What is the word Im looking for?
Screenshot_2017-08-23-18-26-05.png
Everyone for President!
fukasetsu

Postby fukasetsu on Wed Aug 23, 2017 5:37 pm

Joe,

The will of the People sounds good but I think it's a bit too late and a bit too early for that. We'll see, as a non-us citizen I think it's best if you write them plus I might be a bit too tolerant relatively speaking to write TOS for ppl.

But may America be great and remain great,
I mean that sincerely, the world needs the United States.
:Namaste:
Everyone for President!
fukasetsu

Postby partofit22 on Wed Aug 23, 2017 5:38 pm

fukasetsu wrote:If we neither love or hate, like or dislike, support or anti-support we dont react from our psychological patterns, any critique then would be constructive. If I were the President all this support would distract me from doing the job, rather have civilians and those selected in office help make the best decision possible relating to my ability and potential.
Not to our own ideology, you cant satisfy everyone

The looking in the sun eclipse thingy is viral now, just so all those who oppose him can call him more stupid.
I think that's what the nation needs more of. :whatever:

Yes Linda most of our karma is collective, in a way it all is.

In that case I will not tell you just how much I enjoy your poetry, so there .. :lol2:
partofit22

Postby partofit22 on Wed Aug 23, 2017 5:42 pm

If the statues get removed, the Flag of the Confederacy, the memorials, too, and ALL the history associated with the Civil War, ALL of it will be be associated with one flag -- and the rest of the ugliness it represents, and that US citizens are conditioned to forget- Hooey ..
partofit22

Postby fukasetsu on Wed Aug 23, 2017 5:44 pm

partofit22 wrote:
In that case I will not tell you just how much I enjoy your poetry, so there .. :lol2:

Teresa I kid you not, the moment I wrote the bolded part that exact thought popped up (in you saying that) second time today after Joe someone read my mind :lol2:

no worries though the wind already took it, nothing but a vague dream or echo now, thanks :)
Everyone for President!
fukasetsu

PreviousNext

Return to Current Events & Politics