Welcome admin !

It is currently Mon Oct 23, 2017 12:45 pm
Pathway:  Board index General Discussion Forum and Lounge Current Events & Politics

Trump turns Boy Scouts event into political rally

Trump turns Boy Scouts event into political rally

Postby Boatman Bodhisattva on Wed Jul 26, 2017 6:32 am

Is this a Scouting rally or the Hitler Youth?

Unlike Trump, Obama was actually a Boy Scout.
I mean no disrespect to forum members on my ignore list. Gassho. __/\__

"Reciting the name of the Buddha constantly... His own body is the limitless body of Amida, the treasure trees of seven precious gems, the pond of the eight virtues." - Hakuin Ekaku

https://matthewsatori.tumblr.com/
Boatman Bodhisattva

Re: Trump turns Boy Scouts event into political rally

Postby fukasetsu on Wed Jul 26, 2017 6:36 am

Everyone for President!
fukasetsu

Postby fukasetsu on Wed Jul 26, 2017 6:38 am

:lol2: :lol2: :lol2:

ps I have German friends from a younger generation then me, and they're are taught in schools, in the media to feel ashamed of their past, the Nazi era, and they were born 50 years after the war ended. Many of them are struggling emotionally due to their identification with this past and therefore cannot harmonize it with their sense of nationality in the present.
It is really inconsiderate to mention Hitler or the Hitler youth in such a manner that you do.

Please try to be mindful of it in the future, there are also German people on this forum.
I might as well everytime I see a US citizen mention the genocide of the Native Indians.

ps Boy Scout or not, Obama like all US presidents since the cold war, allowed tons of drugs to cross US borders to fuel the neverending war on so called terrorism, the terrorism which is a direct effect of your own secret intelligence screw ups, as Mark Twain said;
"an honest politician is an oxymoron." :heya:
Everyone for President!
fukasetsu

Postby Boatman Bodhisattva on Wed Jul 26, 2017 7:18 am

fukasetsu wrote:Many of them are struggling emotionally due to their identification with this past and therefore cannot harmonize it with their sense of nationality in the present.

Yes, and many Americans, like myself, feel similarly about having Trump as their president.

"Reciting the name of the Buddha constantly... His own body is the limitless body of Amida, the treasure trees of seven precious gems, the pond of the eight virtues." - Hakuin Ekaku

Boatman Bodhisattva

Postby fukasetsu on Wed Jul 26, 2017 7:20 am

Boatman Bodhisattva wrote:
fukasetsu wrote:Many of them are struggling emotionally due to their identification with this past and therefore cannot harmonize it with their sense of nationality in the present.

Yes, and many Americans, like myself, feel similarly about having Trump as their president.

Thanks for letting me know, I will be considerate of that too.
Everyone for President!
fukasetsu

Postby Boatman Bodhisattva on Wed Jul 26, 2017 7:31 am

The Boy Scouts are an important American institution, and Trump dishonored their legacy with the speech he gave. It was not supposed to be a political speech.

Boatman Bodhisattva

Postby fukasetsu on Wed Jul 26, 2017 7:46 am

Boatman Bodhisattva wrote:The Boy Scouts are an important American institution, and Trump dishonored their legacy with the speech he gave. It was not supposed to be a political speech.

I get that, but since I have no emotional connection with either the boy scouts or trump, I have no view on that matter in question. Although its likely that whatever trump does or say vexations seem to flourish, so you could might as well see him as a Bodhisattva for your personal practise :heya:

I was only raising awareness for my German friends especially in a general sense, since unthoughtful hitler comments appear everywhere and not just ZFI.
Hitler and Trump shouldnt be compared to each other, that is a direct insult and therefore dishonor to both Germany and the USA.
Everyone for President!
fukasetsu

Postby Boatman Bodhisattva on Wed Jul 26, 2017 8:27 am

In terms of comparing Trump to Hitler, the number of civilian deaths in Iraq has skyrocketed since he became president, and he promised to kill the entire families of suspected terrorists.

On his Twitter page, he's repeatedly re-tweeted the posts of confirmed neo-Nazis. In terms of his domestic policy, he seeks to oppress minorities, much like Hitler did.

Boatman Bodhisattva

Postby fukasetsu on Wed Jul 26, 2017 8:52 am

If you want to make such a comparisation that is your choice, I just hope you can be sensitive of German people and desist from making the comparisment you made in your first post in the future. You could talk about Trumps ways without making the Hitler remark and still make your point or opinion about him or his politics, it's not necessary to hurt any Germans just because one might have vexations regarding their own president. If you dont thats also your choice, it's all I wanted to express.
Everyone for President!
fukasetsu

Postby Boatman Bodhisattva on Wed Jul 26, 2017 10:16 am

The only difference between Trump and Hitler, so far, is a matter of scale or degree.

Boatman Bodhisattva

Postby Boatman Bodhisattva on Wed Jul 26, 2017 12:43 pm

Please keep in mind that I am not trying to be glib. We have a dangerous sociopath as president of the United States, and the whole world is watching.

Boatman Bodhisattva

Postby Linda Anderson on Wed Jul 26, 2017 4:13 pm

Boatman Bodhisattva wrote:

BB,
I agree to a point but I think the more important point is being missed. Trump is abhorrent. It does not serve to think he's the cause.... He is put up there by the powers that be as a major distraction. I suppose this is like reality TV although I don't have a TV so I'm only guessing. We don't have to look too far to see how the election was fixed, it is every time. DT is over the top but not too many people are paying attention to the real damage and destruction going on... and it's not covered in the news. It affects every part of the US gov, it's not only healthcare .... This has long been in the planning.... you could say it's a Republican dream to eliminate gov institutions... but the Dems are not innocent ... they play good cop, bad cop. Follow the money, everybody is in it. The Hitler comparison is not needed, it generates theater and a kind of frenzy where you don't need to actually face what is actually happening in the US.... and it doesn't seem to be a call to action in the US. The so-called "revolution" has no steam...

I am sorry to hear the Germans have been taught to feel ashamed. I think I read once that this started after the war as a means of controlling the country, a propaganda started by the US in the interest of draining world power and respect... thus, more room for the US to dominate. I think it happened in Japan also tho the situation was different.

Sadly, few ppl in the US have any awareness of the genocide of Native Americans, much less shame. No matter many of us carry sensitivity and consciousness, this country was founded on genocide and slavery and the underlying sense of superiority exists today... thus we see it unfolding. The oligarchs are just a modern version of our shameful history. And, BTW, as charming as Obama was, he is responsible for taking the next step, he killed many, too many. Then, we have to ask the question... who is really in charge? Forget about reading this in the NYT.

linda

ps: I just got an e-mail from moveon.org asking me to sign a petition asking the Boy Scouts to "remain true to their values".... who said they won't. this is destructive rhetoric .... another distraction.
Not last night,
not this morning;
Melon flowers bloomed.
~ Bassho
Linda Anderson

Postby fukasetsu on Wed Jul 26, 2017 5:23 pm

Linda,
My Heart.

:Namaste:

Ps from the late 16th century the Dutch have approx shipped 600.000 enslaved humans out of Africa,
These people were held in slavery or directly re-sold in Brzil, Suriname, on Curacao and other islands.
They were not regarded as human beings but as merchandise.

The Netherlands at that time was an economic world power, in 1863 slavery was abolished 30 years after England and 15 years after France.
If you walk through Amsterdam today you will still see the remnants of those times on buildings, since owning slaves back then was a sign of status by the elite, you can see busts of African slaves on buildings showing of where the rich lived.

Not even mentioning other events like the mass genocide of the Dutch which surged through countries as Indonesia, even today I can see in the average Caucasian (people who are not racist or at least are aware they are) the effects of it as peoples reactions to such a simple thing as the colour of ones skin terrifies them, you can see it subtle in their eyes and their body language, that what I meant the other day in the other thread with the comment “black lives matter” I don’t see it.

I was born in 1976 and it was very normal then for Dutch people to call a German a “mof” a swear word for German people started somewhere in the 17th century due to German immigrants to the Netherlands. Ofcourse as a kid I was told that this was about WWII but it’s use only surged after the war. Only since the late 1990’s do I not hear people say that word anymore, as a kid I said it too all the time, it was considered fun to do (I had no idea ofcourse) But can you imagine the impact it has on the German nation, living with such a legacy of WWII, but you never hear about the Dutch and their killing spree around the globe, it’s so easy to point to Hitler or to Trump while denying our own history, I think every country should come to terms with their past but we don’t because there’s always a “greater evil” we can point to instead.

And that is exactly how the master of puppets designed it, whether it’s democrats and republicans, catholics and protestants, Trump or Hilary, these are but props on the stage, and the way people fight over their parties is exactly how it is designed to keep us in oblivion. It is the sole reason politics exists in the first place, not to serve but to control and mislead the people, and the people are blind to its ulterior motives.

I’m really grateful for your presence and posting here Linda, without you I couldn’t say what I wanted to say but I’ve lost the power to silence my heart any further because you surged through my heart. Lets open our eyes and stop habitually acting and reacting the way the masters try to manipulate us. In a way we’re all slaves without knowing it, “the land of the free” etc etc is another distraction, make them believe they’re free to an extent…sigh.

Ps Teresa with “lets open our eyes and stop” I do not mean to imply to not discus politics, you know a week from now I’ve probably lost all memories concerning the words I just typed in this thread. :lol2: It's more about not mistaking the pointing finger for the moon.

So if anyone wants to make a Hitler comparisment again, please replace Hitler with some mass genocide the Dutch did please, the Hitler reference is so old now and so unfair to the German people, be creative if you must compare, pick someone else as Hitler.
Last edited by fukasetsu on Wed Jul 26, 2017 5:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Everyone for President!
fukasetsu

Postby Linda Anderson on Wed Jul 26, 2017 5:58 pm

and a ps.... if we look deeply into WWII, Hitler was a pawn that the oligarchs needed... incl a big faction from the US... the war was created, and Hitler was just the right pawn. it was about economics too.
Not last night,
not this morning;
Melon flowers bloomed.
~ Bassho
Linda Anderson

Postby fukasetsu on Wed Jul 26, 2017 6:05 pm

Linda Anderson wrote:and a ps.... if we look deeply into WWII, Hitler was a pawn that the oligarchs needed... incl a big faction from the US... the war was created, and Hitler was just the right pawn. it was about economics too.

I didn't dive into WWII that deeply Linda, but thanks.
But even without investigating I've always considered everything I've been taught in school, by parents, or the media as a form of propaganda, whether they were aware of it or not, I remember vaguely a doc I saw on NGC probably about the freemasons many centuries ago, as I was watching I was laughing "really, you think that was the motive" :heya:
Everyone for President!
fukasetsu

Postby partofit22 on Wed Jul 26, 2017 9:41 pm

fukasetsu wrote:Linda,
My Heart.

:Namaste:

Ps from the late 16th century the Dutch have approx shipped 600.000 enslaved humans out of Africa,
These people were held in slavery or directly re-sold in Brzil, Suriname, on Curacao and other islands.
They were not regarded as human beings but as merchandise.

The Netherlands at that time was an economic world power, in 1863 slavery was abolished 30 years after England and 15 years after France.
If you walk through Amsterdam today you will still see the remnants of those times on buildings, since owning slaves back then was a sign of status by the elite, you can see busts of African slaves on buildings showing of where the rich lived.

Not even mentioning other events like the mass genocide of the Dutch which surged through countries as Indonesia, even today I can see in the average Caucasian (people who are not racist or at least are aware they are) the effects of it as peoples reactions to such a simple thing as the colour of ones skin terrifies them, you can see it subtle in their eyes and their body language, that what I meant the other day in the other thread with the comment “black lives matter” I don’t see it.

I was born in 1976 and it was very normal then for Dutch people to call a German a “mof” a swear word for German people started somewhere in the 17th century due to German immigrants to the Netherlands. Ofcourse as a kid I was told that this was about WWII but it’s use only surged after the war. Only since the late 1990’s do I not hear people say that word anymore, as a kid I said it too all the time, it was considered fun to do (I had no idea ofcourse) But can you imagine the impact it has on the German nation, living with such a legacy of WWII, but you never hear about the Dutch and their killing spree around the globe, it’s so easy to point to Hitler or to Trump while denying our own history, I think every country should come to terms with their past but we don’t because there’s always a “greater evil” we can point to instead.

And that is exactly how the master of puppets designed it, whether it’s democrats and republicans, catholics and protestants, Trump or Hilary, these are but props on the stage, and the way people fight over their parties is exactly how it is designed to keep us in oblivion. It is the sole reason politics exists in the first place, not to serve but to control and mislead the people, and the people are blind to its ulterior motives.

I’m really grateful for your presence and posting here Linda, without you I couldn’t say what I wanted to say but I’ve lost the power to silence my heart any further because you surged through my heart. Lets open our eyes and stop habitually acting and reacting the way the masters try to manipulate us. In a way we’re all slaves without knowing it, “the land of the free” etc etc is another distraction, make them believe they’re free to an extent…sigh.

Ps Teresa with “lets open our eyes and stop” I do not mean to imply to not discus politics, you know a week from now I’ve probably lost all memories concerning the words I just typed in this thread. :lol2: It's more about not mistaking the pointing finger for the moon.

So if anyone wants to make a Hitler comparisment again, please replace Hitler with some mass genocide the Dutch did please, the Hitler reference is so old now and so unfair to the German people, be creative if you must compare, pick someone else as Hitler.

Marcel, regarding the Hitler veto .. it appears to me an attempt to silence free speech by disguising the request as a kindness ..

:)

Here in the states people do consider our history- Unfortunately, not enough- Because it frequently gets vetoed ..

Its also common in the US for people to hang on to what they wish to contribute to face to face discussions rather then listening and learning about the individual sharing their thoughts- As a result, we recall what people say but havent developed enough kindness and compassion to get to know who said it- Granted people change their minds often, but more so when listening to and considering what another individual thinks -- without shutting them down .. although I do think lines of communication can get jumbled if a dsscusiion becomes abusive ..
partofit22

Postby fukasetsu on Wed Jul 26, 2017 10:27 pm

Teresa, so when I would ask you please don't shoot your gun in the air because my dog is terrified, I am disguising my request as kindness but really trying to take away your right to bear guns? :lol2:

It may appear to you as such but I'm simply asking to use one's emphatic abilities to see how this could affect German people, and whether one is moved to do or so I have no say in, if asking please do so is considered manipulative then we are from different planets perhaps.

I did not ask for myself, so there's no self-reference involved, I've even shown the terrors of my own country in order to raise awareness for another just to show how easy and uncreative it is to always mention the same guy, try stalin or napoleon or whoever. Im not payed by the German government or something so I see no motive to use masked kindness for ulterior motives, like money or sex or spiritual experiences.

You might as wel suspect every Buddhist charity or donation event then :PP:
Everyone for President!
fukasetsu

Postby partofit22 on Wed Jul 26, 2017 11:03 pm

fukasetsu wrote:Teresa, so when I would ask you please don't shoot your gun in the air because my dog is terrified, I am disguising my request as kindness but really trying to take away your right to bear guns? :lol2:

It may appear to you as such but I'm simply asking to use one's emphatic abilities to see how this could affect German people, and whether one is moved to do or so I have no say in, if asking please do so is considered manipulative then we are from different planets perhaps.

I did not ask for myself, so there's no self-reference involved, I've even shown the terrors of my own country in order to raise awareness for another just to show how easy and uncreative it is to always mention the same guy, try stalin or napoleon or whoever. Im not payed by the German government or something so I see no motive to use masked kindness for ulterior motives, like money or sex or spiritual experiences.

You might as wel suspect every Buddhist charity or donation event then :PP:

It would depend on the circumstances- I would acknowedge such a request and consider it -- but my response would depend on the situation-

Right now the US is experiencing a backlash from generations that were protected from experiencing discomfort- Perhaps Germany is experiencing its own backlash-

Donald Trump has been compared to others, and other things- One of which is Hitler-

If it has the ability, its suspect-- not seperate-

partofit22

Postby fukasetsu on Wed Jul 26, 2017 11:24 pm

Donald Trump has been compared to others, and other things- One of which is Hitler-

If it has the ability, its suspect-- not seperate-

Teresa to me this is crazy talk.

ps when the whole hilary-trump election was happening I was like phew what a rest will it be when its over, but after the election it just carried on, we had elections here too, it was around a month before voting the discussions got intenser, but that whole month was already so energy draining that after a week after the voting everyone was done with it and had no more energy to discus politics. That besides all the information we get daily compared to say 400 years ago, many brains OD and must result in paranoia and other strange things, it cant be healthy right?
Everyone for President!
fukasetsu

Postby Caodemarte on Wed Jul 26, 2017 11:49 pm

The golden rule of U.S. political discourse is never, never compare anybody or anything to Hitler or the Holocaust. It always ends badly and makes the speaker look very, very bad.
Caodemarte
Global Moderator

Next

Return to Current Events & Politics