Welcome admin !

It is currently Fri Jul 21, 2017 5:29 am
Pathway:  Board index General Discussion Forum and Lounge Current Events & Politics

Trump won

Re: Trump won

Postby desert_woodworker on Fri Nov 11, 2016 9:30 pm

L.,

Lunarious1987 wrote:Can you explain...i know right and left in Norway. The right are kvasi capitalists. And left kvasi communists. What are republicans and democrats? And maybe add some history as i know it is neccesary.

"Google" it (them).

Wikipedia is a good source sometimes, too.

Thanks for the names of the Norway factions.

--Joe
desert_woodworker

Postby Lunarious1987 on Fri Nov 11, 2016 9:34 pm

You greedy boy! :PP:

Here is a good one, made my eyes wet.
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Tkagwvho2LM
- Don't be thankful to be righteous. Be righteous to be thankful.
- Shia: "We are the friends/owners of proof, wherever it bends we bend."
- Imam Hussein was once asked: what is affluence? He said : Decreasing your wishes , and being satisfied with what is enough for you.”
Lunarious1987

Postby desert_woodworker on Fri Nov 11, 2016 9:46 pm

An adult ought to do his/her own research. And that is so easy nowadays.

After that, discussion becomes (potentially) possible (but no guarantees).

--Joe
desert_woodworker

Postby Lunarious1987 on Fri Nov 11, 2016 11:11 pm

Adults are corrupt.
Buddhism is sweet from beginning to end - Dhammapada

This means we meet at the middle. You present me with your thoughts, then i google them to chech authenticity.

Greedy boy!
- Imam Hussein was once asked: what is affluence? He said : Decreasing your wishes , and being satisfied with what is enough for you.”
Lunarious1987

Postby Lunarious1987 on Fri Nov 11, 2016 11:19 pm

Look at my first signature.

"Truth is bitter in the beginning, sweet in the end, and lies are sweet in the beginning, bitter in the end." - Gautam Buddha
Lunarious1987

Postby Lunarious1987 on Sat Nov 12, 2016 12:34 am

@Desert WoodWorker OK sorry. I need blood to thrive, old habit. Care to help me become more social? Aspies are a-social.

Peace
Lunarious1987

Postby Michaeljc on Sat Nov 12, 2016 1:08 am

Trump will enter the White House a lion and leave as a puppy. Just wait :)
Michaeljc

Postby desert_woodworker on Sat Nov 12, 2016 2:12 am

Michael,

Great to see you posting.

Michaeljc wrote:Trump will enter the White House a lion and leave as a puppy. Just wait :)

Far be it for me to psychoanalyze anyone (I haven't the professional license for that, nor the amateur avocation), but I suspect Trump took ribbing in his young life for his name. Kids probably called him "chump", and so he developed an overprotective air about him, which also led to his being ready to take an offensive first, i.e., he became a bully. And his Dad encouraged his kids to become "killers". Then, later, Trump engaged the most notorious and offensive cutthroat lawyer in New York to sue and counter-sue in cases that came up around his shady dealings ("deals", he calls them). And he took on the ways of that unprincipled lawyer.

I think the only governmental workings Trump knows are some in the Judicial system, because he's spent so much time in courtrooms dealing with lawsuits.

I think this kind of guy is not a lion, as a bully is not a lion. But, he is rough-edged and pretty ignorant (if we take him at face value, as he plainly represents himself). He is a puppy. Right now, and always has been.

I never saw how this fellow could be a president. He is too busy. What we need is a full-time president. He doesn't have the time. His hands are full with his business concerns. So is his mind. He is unsuited and unavailable to take on another job. Especially the presidency.

I agree with the professor in his comments in the video referenced above that the mainstream party Repubs may wrest power away from this embarrassing buffoon by Constitutional (Articles of Impeachment) or other legal means in time, and replace him midstream. Or, they'll "allow" him to delegate more and more things to the vice president, who I think won't be so embarrassing in the execution, nor as incompetent. At least V. Pres.-elect Pence has once been Governor of a US state (Indiana).

--Joe
Last edited by desert_woodworker on Sat Nov 12, 2016 2:53 am, edited 2 times in total.
desert_woodworker

Postby desert_woodworker on Sat Nov 12, 2016 2:29 am

L.,

Lunarious1987 wrote:Care to help me become more social? Aspies are a-social.

Yes: Don't make excuses. Employ mindfulness. That's the best advice.

If you care to discuss the featured topics here, it's also good if you knew something about the subject (or wanted to know). But by your comments, I think you're better to concentrate instead on a site devoted to some other religion that you're steeped in. Why don't you go there and reside there, instead? This site is devoted to Buddhadharma, and especially to Zen Buddhism.

--Joe
desert_woodworker

Postby Linda Anderson on Sat Nov 12, 2016 3:24 am

Michaeljc wrote:Trump will enter the White House a lion and leave as a puppy. Just wait :)

I've been thinking the same thing Michael.
Not last night,
not this morning;
Melon flowers bloomed.
~ Bassho
Linda Anderson

Postby partofit22 on Sat Nov 12, 2016 4:24 am

desert_woodworker wrote:Prof. Peter W. Stevenson, who predicted D. J. Trump's electoral win, also predicts he will be IMPEACHED, by Republican Party individuals who will find his policies or foreign relations dangerous to the U.S.A.

This is an interesting 1-minute statement in the video by the Professor. It was evidently filmed prior to the date of Election Day (some time earlier than Nov. 8):

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/ ... ailsignout

I agree that I think the Repubs would "love" to have V.P.-elect Pence instead as Pres., because he would be so much more controllable. Repubs can make that happen if they can impeach Trump (which they can probably very easily find grounds to do).

At present, Trump has 72 lawsuits of various kinds pending against him. The big fraud case about "Trump 'University' " is coming to a head, soon, too, I think.

--Joe

Joe, the professor's name is Allan Lichtman- :heya:
partofit22

Postby Avisitor on Sat Nov 12, 2016 5:05 am

I make no predictions as to what Trump will do while in office
But, I will watch and live with the choice America has made
God bless us all
Disclaimer: There is no intent to be offensive in my posts. None was intended and none should be interpreted as such.
Sorry, got a message that I was not being PC.
Avisitor

Postby Lunarious1987 on Sat Nov 12, 2016 11:00 am

desert_woodworker wrote:L.,

Lunarious1987 wrote:Care to help me become more social? Aspies are a-social.

Yes: Don't make excuses. Employ mindfulness. That's the best advice.

If you care to discuss the featured topics here, it's also good if you knew something about the subject (or wanted to know). But by your comments, I think you're better to concentrate instead on a site devoted to some other religion that you're steeped in. Why don't you go there and reside there, instead? This site is devoted to Buddhadharma, and especially to Zen Buddhism.

--Joe

You really...'
Lunarious1987

Postby desert_woodworker on Sat Nov 12, 2016 7:12 pm

Thanks, Teresa. I've edited my original post above on this to include the correct name. --Joe

partofit22 wrote:Joe, the professor's name is Allan Lichtman-
desert_woodworker

Postby desert_woodworker on Sat Nov 12, 2016 7:33 pm

I saw a nice quote,

"All is whole; / Not one word more of the consumed time. / Let's take the
instant by the forward top."

...from Shakespeare's play, 'All's Well That Ends Well'.

I thought of it as a picture of the natural and necessary clearance and refreshment of mind,
energy, life, resolve, doings, and plans, after this election (in U.S.A.) just done.

Not saying I'm satisfied!, nor complacent. I'm defiant.

--Joe

p.s. I heard, too, someone's diagnosis or description of voters at the end of the campaign. This is by a Reed, or Reid, of The Atlantic magazine. She said that people who did not vote for Trump took him literally, but not seriously. And those who did vote for Trump took him seriously, but not literally.

Among other things, I think this helps explain the outcome of the election, and correctly describes voter mentality and behavior this time 'round in the General Election (and during the Primary Elections, too).
desert_woodworker

Postby desert_woodworker on Sat Nov 12, 2016 10:32 pm

Here is Prof. Allan Lichtman of American University in a little longer video, being interviewed by a breathless TV journalist.

(I like him straightening-out the journalist on the matter of "100 percent").

Nice to see Lichtman's 13 "key" criteria, simple True or False input, disclosed here too, which he's used for 30 years to predict all presidential winners for 30 years, running.

--Joe
desert_woodworker

Postby Humbaba on Wed Nov 16, 2016 12:13 pm

Trump does not do humility.

I wouldn't exclude the possibility that he is impeached and leaves exposed as the thug he really is.

We are in uncharted waters now. Always when you think that it can't get worse, it surely will.

With a republican majority in both houses of parliament, he is in a position to become the most powerful president in history. Forget about checks and balances. He will nominate the supreme court judges of his own liking, influence the FED and the media, and fill the institutions of the state with his own clan, loyal followers, and white supremacists.

The sad thing is that every people deserves the leaders it has got. Decades of ranting about the supposed elite has brought the worst kind of elite to the very top. We need the elite, but a different type of elite.
Humbaba

Postby Humbaba on Wed Nov 16, 2016 12:40 pm

desert_woodworker wrote:But by your comments, I think you're better to concentrate instead on a site devoted to some other religion that you're steeped in. Why don't you go there and reside there, instead? This site is devoted to Buddhadharma, and especially to Zen Buddhism.

I have no problem with people who try to find parallels between Zen and other forms of spirituality, like Sufism or Christian mysticism. After all, beyond the external appearances, all human insight draws on the same source. Comparing the different ways in which human experience is expressed in different cultures can be of interest.

I do have a problem with people who are incapable of dialogue or who fail to respect others (this is a general remark not aimed at anybody in particular).
Humbaba

Postby desert_woodworker on Wed Nov 16, 2016 2:36 pm

May all proudly held, self-diagnosed, "problems" release their parasitic bite-hold on beings -- (and vice-versa!) -- and may all beings everywhere awaken.

(just Beings generally; not aiming this wish at anybody in particular nor any being in particular).

--Joe
desert_woodworker

Postby partofit22 on Thu Nov 17, 2016 4:17 am

I think a good deal of what we're presently experiencing is a direct result of helicopter politics and parenting- The mutual respect and true sense of community, both local and global, that helicoptering was predicted to produce didn't happen- If anything it created rifts- It created special interests- It created trigger warnings and present day Detroit- It created a population of people that can't handle failure, a population that resorts to name calling instead of stringing together sentences that bridge the ever increasing gaps that people imagine they have simply due to differences in perspective and beliefs-

"May all proudly held, self-diagnosed, "problems" release their parasitic bite-hold on beings -- (and vice-versa!) -- and may all beings everywhere awaken." -- Joe

Amen :)
partofit22

PreviousNext

Return to Current Events & Politics