Welcome admin !

It is currently Mon Oct 23, 2017 3:35 am
Pathway:  Board index General Discussion Forum and Lounge Current Events & Politics

Valentine's Day

Valentine's Day

Postby partofit22 on Sun Feb 14, 2016 4:38 pm

You have no idea how hard I've looked for a gift to bring You. Nothing seemed right. What's the point of bringing gold to the gold mine, or water to the ocean. Everything I came up with was like taking spices to the Orient. It's no good giving my heart and my soul because you already have these. So I've brought you a mirror. Look at yourself and remember me.

~ Rumi
partofit22

Re: Valentine's Day

Postby lobster on Sat Feb 20, 2016 1:08 pm

:hugs:

:rbow:

:heya:

Hug a zenith today.
lobster

Postby desert_woodworker on Sat Feb 20, 2016 10:09 pm

lobster wrote:Hug a zenith today.

Mine is an RCA.

(not made anymore) ;-(

--Joe
desert_woodworker

Postby fukasetsu on Sun Feb 21, 2016 8:04 am

partofit22 wrote:
You have no idea how hard I've looked for a gift to bring You. Nothing seemed right. What's the point of bringing gold to the gold mine, or water to the ocean. Everything I came up with was like taking spices to the Orient. It's no good giving my heart and my soul because you already have these. So I've brought you a mirror. Look at yourself and remember me.

~ Rumi

:daisy:

Only
That Illumined
One

Who keeps
Seducing the formless into form
Had the charm to win my Heart.

Only a Perfect One

Who is always
Laughing at the word
Two

Can make you know
Of
Love.
~Hafiz

I
Have
Learned
So much from God
That I can no longer
Call
Myself

A Christian, a Hindu, a Muslim,
a Buddhist, a Jew.

The Truth has shared so much of Itself
With me

That I can no longer call myself
A man, a woman, an angel,
Or even a pure
Soul.

Love has
Befriended Hafiz so completely
It has turned to ash
And freed
Me

Of every concept and image
my mind has ever known.
~Hafiz
Everyone for President!
fukasetsu

Postby lobster on Sun Feb 21, 2016 1:29 pm

I often feel that sometimes zeniths lack the warmth of valves. :blush:

It is why maybe zen lovers could practice 'group hug meditation' as part of their national apron day. :ghug:

The gushing sufi poet (PBUH) is such a welcome mahayana hugee.

XXX :hugs: XXX
lobster

Postby partofit22 on Sun Feb 21, 2016 3:54 pm

:ghug: :daisy: :hugs:
partofit22

Postby desert_woodworker on Sun Feb 21, 2016 4:05 pm

A tradition I practiced-in earlier was Sufism, via the traditions promulgated by Hazrat Inayat Khan, in the West. It's a tradition entirely about the heart, and centered in the heart, and its symbol is a winged heart.

“The symbol of the Sufi Order is a heart with wings. It explains that the heart is between soul and body, a medium between spirit and matter. When the soul is covered by its love for matter, it is naturally attracted to matter. This is the law of gravitation in abstract form. As it is said in the Bible, ‘Where your treasure is, there will your heart be also.’ When man treasures the things of the earth, his heart is drawn to the earth. But the heart is subject not only to gravitation, but also to attraction from on high, and as in the Egyptian symbology, wings are the symbol of spiritual progress, so the heart with wings expresses that the heart reaches upward towards heaven. The crescent in the heart suggests the responsiveness of the heart. The crescent represents the responsiveness of the crescent moon to the light of the sun, for naturally it receives the light which develops it until it becomes the full moon.

“The principal teaching of Sufism is that of learning to become a pupil, for it is the pupil who has a chance of becoming a teacher, and once a person considers that he is a teacher, his responsiveness is gone. The greatest teachers of the world have been the greatest pupils. It is this principle which is represented by the crescent: the crescent in the heart signifies that the heart which is responsive to the light of God is illuminated. It is the divine light which is represented by the five-pointed star, and the star is reflected in the heart which is responsive to the divine light. The heart which by its response has received the divine light is liberated, as the wings show.

In brief, the meaning of the symbol is that the heart responsive to the light of God is liberated.”

Hazrat Inayat Khan

Well, I'd say that the Zen Buddhist tradition is also about the heart. Its highest valued purpose is to uncover and to open the heart of Wisdom, and the heart of Compassion.

Taizan Maezumi Roshi (1931-1995) used to say, too, vis-a-vis Zen Buddhist practice, that, "People are the most important."

--Joe
desert_woodworker

Return to Current Events & Politics