Welcome admin !

It is currently Mon Oct 23, 2017 3:35 am
Pathway:  Board index General Discussion Forum and Lounge Current Events & Politics

Bernie Sanders

Re: Bernie Sanders

Postby desert_woodworker on Sat Jun 11, 2016 2:02 pm

Fuki,

Statecraft is going to be necessary, on in to the continuing (unforseeable... ), future.

There is statecraft even in a Zen monastery. Don't kid yourself!

Any sort of community develops a politics.

"No man is an island". Not even my favorite man -- and favorite island -- Man-hattan.

--Joe

Birds-Eye-View-of-Manhattan-Island_1024.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
desert_woodworker

Postby Michaeljc on Sat Jun 11, 2016 9:53 pm

Believe me if you have any talent, then darts is one of the best games to test the arising of vexations, and it's ace for concentration. It should be olympic actually.

Fuki - Archery has long figured in Zen practice. So have handcrafts

I am a devout occupational therapy fan

So often I look at people moulding away and feel like yelling "Do something! make something!"

Once, during a workshop in a conflict zone on stress control I suggested men should take up something like knitting. I was scoffed out of the room. The srink who had flown in did not even support me

Zen practice teaches us the power of simplicity

I think that the US is about to have its first ever female president
Michaeljc

Postby partofit22 on Tue Jul 26, 2016 4:36 am

If it's true that Bernie Sanders name is going to be placed in nomination at the DNC, why is he still supporting Hillary?
partofit22

Postby desert_woodworker on Tue Jul 26, 2016 5:34 am

Teresa, Bernie mentioned a particular number of delegates of his who are attending the convention. I forget the number. It was more than 1000.

It may be that Hillary has more delegates [EDIT: 54 percent], and that she won more states and more votes during the primaries.

So I guess Bernie's math is up to par, and he knows he cannot win the nomination. But he'll let the process go to completion, as seems proper, so that everything is above board, transparent, and demonstrated. Yet, once again, because his math is good, he gives his support to Hillary, even in advance of the formalities. I think this, among many other things, speaks well for his character, and his real concern for the U.S.A.

--Joe
desert_woodworker

Postby another_being on Wed Jul 27, 2016 4:25 pm

:cool: Yes, Bernie is a mensch and a class act. He helped to ignite a lot of people, young and old, and the Brand New Congress group and others have committed to carry on what was started. :peace:
"Some people think they are enlightened, some people think they are not enlightened." -- Denko
another_being

Postby partofit22 on Wed Jul 27, 2016 10:37 pm

Thank you both. Although Im still confused Im trying to understand because if I dont understand i wont know who to support .. :lol2: .. it appears that not all was above board even though thats how it is being presented. Im not talking conspiracy :lol2: but more along the lines of not being completely clear intentionally. He/Bernie appeared to shift gears after his talk with the president. At any rate, it seems just a little weird to cast a vote based soley on not wanting "the other guy" to win, which is what the crux of what the Democatic message sounds like to me. Kind of a dont vote for anyone else other than Hillary, the same Hillary who Bernie outed but now supports.
partofit22

Postby macdougdoug on Thu Jul 28, 2016 8:21 am

How about doing something based on not wanting to get eaten by a shark? (Despite the fact that the water's perfect and the beach too hot)
macdougdoug
Global Moderator

Postby fukasetsu on Thu Jul 28, 2016 11:09 am

:lol2:
Everyone for President!
fukasetsu

Postby partofit22 on Thu Jul 28, 2016 2:00 pm

:tee:
partofit22

Postby desert_woodworker on Sat Sep 24, 2016 9:40 pm

Bernie is not now a candidate, but Hillary still is.

Here is a link to the endorsement today by THE NEW YORK TIMES of Hillary Clinton for President of the United States.

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/09/25/opini ... egion&_r=0

--Joe

p.s. I find that, once at the site's page above, if I go to "File" in the browser menu, and click on the item "Print Preview", the browser presents a nice few pages of text to read easily on-screen, without photos, ads, etc. Just a preference... . Although, ...the photo of Hillary is nice on the NYT page. -J.
desert_woodworker

Postby partofit22 on Sun Sep 25, 2016 4:41 pm

Then I politely suggest someone, anyone, create a new thread that supports Hillary Clinton for president -- since anyone awake enough can see this thread supports Bernie Sanders specifically- :) And not all running as Democrats-
partofit22

Postby desert_woodworker on Sun Sep 25, 2016 5:45 pm

Well, it'll all be "over" after November 8th. At least the voting (and counting), I mean. I hope. :tongueincheek:

--Joe
desert_woodworker

Postby fukasetsu on Sun Sep 25, 2016 11:05 pm

desert_woodworker wrote:Well, it'll all be "over" after November 8th. At least the voting (and counting), I mean. I hope. :tongueincheek:

--Joe

Yeah the politics never end, I'm sure a new war is brewing in Europe soon between old ethnic groups
the shit never ends and the voting also, I only have 2 friends Buddha and Satan ;) (so I cant vote)

politics only exists because the mob is labile, happy voting.
Allright back to "zen"and other "deep" stuff :PP:

(other folks who have Buddha and Satan as friends are not automatically my friends, they could be deluded and come to all kinds of strange behaviour due to doctrine
Everyone for President!
fukasetsu

Postby desert_woodworker on Mon Sep 26, 2016 7:04 am

Fuki,

fukasetsu wrote:politics only exists because the mob is labile

It's such a good word, thanks for bringing it in. It's also unsettling, because it's true in context.

Although, in some ways it's good that people change their minds. I'd say the USA is gradually and progressively liberalizing especially on certain domestic social issues.

We'll see if the candidates' "debate" scheduled for 01:00 UTC on Sept. 27 (Mon., Sept. 26, 9:00 PM EDST, or 6:00 PM PDST [or MST] ) will encourage any decision of support in those currently undecided (only two parties' candidates will be engaged, as the Libertarian Party and Green Party candidates didn't garner enough support to cross the threshhold of the "15%" rule for joining the debates).

I think Bernie will be watching. And I intend to, too. ;)

--Joe
desert_woodworker

Postby fukasetsu on Mon Sep 26, 2016 10:46 pm

Thanks you, usually ppl don't like it when I use that word (the labile ones) it's a funny demonstration when ppl are offended.
But I'm done explaining irony to folks :PP:

I'll be watching too on cnn international at 03:00 here in the NL, I watch most of them if I remember it,
always a fun observation with a bowl of chips, it's the same as I watched NGC or the discovery channel or some documentry from Jacques Cousteau as a kid, being in awe about the ways of animals or nature, I watch politics like David Attenborough would do I guess, but without the narrative. Human behaviour is a funny thing
Everyone for President!
fukasetsu

Postby partofit22 on Tue Sep 27, 2016 4:49 am

Thoughts?

I think Ohio is going to swing -- again. From Clinton to Trump.
partofit22

Postby fukasetsu on Tue Sep 27, 2016 5:13 am

partofit22 wrote:Thoughts?

I'm still waiting for the adults to show up

Trump was vexated from the first to the last minute, Hilary was her regular water duck. Trump bringing up his temperament was funny, the irony lol. Whatever any of them said isn't important, you don't get at the top without deceit and manipulation, so its funny to ovserve when they attack each others character, again the irony lol. Further every microphone held under the nose of voters or anyone on both side who works on the campain is hilarious too, no one thinks for themselves they're just broken records and copies of imitations, I'm flabbergasted at ppls IQ's to be honest.

It was interesting but I might have well could have watched a documentry about bonobos, I didn't see anything historical, just more of the same.
Everyone for President!
fukasetsu

Postby desert_woodworker on Tue Sep 27, 2016 5:58 am

fukasetsu wrote: ...I didn't see anything historical, just more of the same.

Marcel,

In a hundred years, a recording of this "debate" will be "historical" (today, it is just more than a bit hysterical).

Sad to see that Trump consistently displays the maturity of a fourth-grader (sorry: I know this insults fourth-graders).

--Joe

p.s. (I really look forward to the debates between the Vice-Presidential candidates, both disciplined and courteous speakers and statesmen).
desert_woodworker

Postby Nothing on Tue Sep 27, 2016 9:04 am

I still can not understand how anyone can think that one candidate is better than the other and that does not apply just to these presidential candidates, but politicians in general.

As Fukasetsu said, they all came to where they are with manipulation. if one was less manipulative so to speak, it is just because he/she did not have the opportunities or the right conditions to climb higher on the ladder of power. And if Bernie was really honest politician (if there is such thing at all) he would not support or endorse a criminal for president. :)

And what Joe said that people changing their minds is in some ways good and there is a progress in certain areas ( not just in USA, but worldwide ), although I agree with that, would say that progress is not due to the president or the government competence or willingness, although they do take the credit for that :lol2:
"There is no vestige of a beginning, no prospect of an end" - James Hutton
Nothing

Postby Nothing on Tue Sep 27, 2016 9:16 am

fukasetsu wrote: Further every microphone held under the nose of voters or anyone on both side who works on the campain is hilarious too, no one thinks for themselves they're just broken records and copies of imitations, I'm flabbergasted at ppls IQ's to be honest.

That is how people are in general, but it is more evident during political campaigns :)
The black sheep are rarity these days.
"There is no vestige of a beginning, no prospect of an end" - James Hutton
Nothing

PreviousNext

Return to Current Events & Politics