Welcome admin !

It is currently Sun Oct 22, 2017 3:42 am
Pathway:  Board index General Discussion Forum and Lounge Current Events & Politics

Bernie Sanders

Re: Bernie Sanders

Postby fukasetsu on Sat May 21, 2016 5:59 pm

Nothing wrote:
fukasetsu wrote: I don't actually trust anyone who says they are born, it alike politics, it's all hearsay :lol2:

I also don't trust when anyone says that they are some nationality. All those invisible lines drawn in our minds :lol2:

:lol2:

Agreed, nationalities are fabrications, but I like sports so it's fun to be able to root for someone then.
And sure, eventhough I love sports I realize winn and loss is a phantasy the conditioned mind adds to perception,
so yes "nationalties" is alike an interpretation upon perception, just like "I'm a man, I'm handsome, I'm ugly/smart/dumb etc" I was born, I will die" is the same fantasy.

But for entertainment I use illusion to enjoy this human experience for certain aquired flavours, but I never forget it's much ado about Nothing ;)

Yes identity is a perversion, but when you know it's just play but no reality, there are times to "identify" just for fun.

And when I have forgotten about the buddhadharma my family and institutions already know and agreed to apply euthanasia, luckily I cannot complain about Dutch laws regarding that. ;)
Everyone for President!
fukasetsu

Postby Nothing on Sat May 21, 2016 8:47 pm

fukasetsu wrote:
Nothing wrote:
fukasetsu wrote: I don't actually trust anyone who says they are born, it alike politics, it's all hearsay :lol2:

I also don't trust when anyone says that they are some nationality. All those invisible lines drawn in our minds :lol2:

Agreed, nationalities are fabrications, but I like sports so it's fun to be able to root for someone then.
And sure, eventhough I love sports I realize winn and loss is a phantasy the conditioned mind adds to perception,
so yes "nationalties" is alike an interpretation upon perception, just like "I'm a man, I'm handsome, I'm ugly/smart/dumb etc" I was born, I will die" is the same fantasy.

But for entertainment I use illusion to enjoy this human experience for certain aquired flavours, but I never forget it's much ado about Nothing ;)

Yes identity is a perversion, but when you know it's just play but no reality, there are times to "identify" just for fun.

And when I have forgotten about the buddhadharma my family and institutions already know and agreed to apply euthanasia, luckily I cannot complain about Dutch laws regarding that. ;)

That's right, acquired flavors.

Yes, sports are fun as any other kind of entertainment , movies, tv series,games, music etc, enjoyable ways to stimulate our senses and play with forms, phenomena, as long as we do not forget who is dragging this corpse around and mistake the guest for a host :)

I find it funny when sports fans are watching some game and they are getting nervous, yell, like they are are going to influence the final outcome and are disappointed when their team lose the game.

I like to watch tv series and playing music for entertainment and also watch football (soccer) and tennis from time to time.
Which football club you are rooting for? I root for Manchester United since little kid, I liked few players, now they are gone so I cheer for the club logo :lol2:

I used to to play basketball and tennis, but since basketball is team sport and your mates want to win and I don't care about that, I started to play tennis and just enjoy the game without any pressures from anyone to win the match :lol2:
"There is no vestige of a beginning, no prospect of an end" - James Hutton
Nothing

Postby fukasetsu on Mon May 23, 2016 5:16 pm

Nothing wrote:I used to to play basketball and tennis, but since basketball is team sport and your mates want to win and I don't care about that, I started to play tennis and just enjoy the game without any pressures from anyone to win the match :lol2:

I can relate, but still they can all be cranky but you can show them that you're having fun besides winning or losing.

I dont care about winning and losing also (since its no reality) but I love the play and will give it 100% effort to "beat you"
same as with zen or anything, only the effort matters, the result is not our concern :)

My favourite club is Feyenoord, Atleti (atletico madrid) also won my heart. And I'm a big (ice) hockey fan..so red wings all the way. But even if my favourite team loses, I still become happy when I see the other team cheering, I dont have that duality of where one side is crying and the other is celebrating. But during a game I can be fanatically supporting my team, but as said before, I know it's a fantasy. I do love how it can be a Brotherhood, all teams are this Brotherhood, and there are no enemies.

When I was younger I was known that if I was among feyenoord fans and we came across a group of ajax fans the first person from "my group" to show any aggression towards the others, then their ass would be mine.

I dont care for that nonsense, I'd rather show them so called enemies are actually the same as "us"
But I dont go to games anymore that often. Still if I would hang out with a crowd of feyenoord fans I would give my life if they'd attack one ajax fan. Rivalry is for fun, dont put me in a room of hooligans, I'd wooped their ignorant asses :lol2:

ps I have like 300 dvds and 20TB of archived tv series and what not. too much to watch in a lifetime, but plenty of options, for instance I have the flue now for 12 days, so I can browse my archive to check out stuff. Also a big darts fanatic (as any dutchy these days) but I've watched it since 8 years old...and play about 30 minutes a day at home. Believe me if you have any talent, then darts is one of the best games to test the arising of vexations, and it's ace for concentration. It should be olympic actually.
Everyone for President!
fukasetsu

Postby Nothing on Mon May 23, 2016 9:13 pm

fukasetsu wrote: I can relate, but still they can all be cranky but you can show them that you're having fun besides winning or losing.

I dont care about winning and losing also (since its no reality) but I love the play and will give it 100% effort to "beat you"

Yes you can, but they won't draft you next time :lol2: ( not that I care) cause some sport players are only preoccupied with winning, goal oriented, so they don't even enjoy the game, only the win :) But of course you can give 100% effort and still having fun no matter of the "outcome"

fukasetsu wrote:same as with zen or anything, only the effort matters, the result is not our concern :)

It remind of one saying of Sri Ramana and Sri Niz

"No one succeeds without effort... Those who succeed owe their success to perseverance." - Ramana

"Unless you make tremendous efforts, you will not be convinced that effort will take you nowhere. The self is so self-confident that unless it is totally discouraged it will not give up. Mere verbal conviction is not enough. Hard facts alone can show the absolute nothingness of the self-image." - Sri Niz

fukasetsu wrote: And I'm a big (ice) hockey fan..so red wings all the way.

Hockey is not popular here . Once there was some hockey game , I think it was Olympics and I sat to watch although I don't even know the rules and had trouble to follow the puck :hide:

fukasetsu wrote:When I was younger I was known that if I was among feyenoord fans and we came across a group of ajax fans the first person from "my group" to show any aggression towards the others, then their ass would be mine.

I dont care for that nonsense, I'd rather show them so called enemies are actually the same as "us"
But I dont go to games anymore that often. Still if I would hang out with a crowd of feyenoord fans I would give my life if they'd attack one ajax fan. Rivalry is for fun, dont put me in a room of hooligans, I'd wooped their ignorant asses :lol2:

Bodhisattva Whooper ;)

The violence between fans was the reason I quit go to games. I had friend who was part of one team fan group and I went with him few times, but almost every time there were violence and I could not watch that.

fukasetsu wrote: ps I have like 300 dvds and 20TB of archived tv series and what not. too much to watch in a lifetime, but plenty of options, for instance I have the flue now for 12 days, so I can browse my archive to check out stuff. Also a big darts fanatic (as any dutchy these days) but I've watched it since 8 years old...and play about 30 minutes a day at home. Believe me if you have any talent, then darts is one of the best games to test the arising of vexations, and it's ace for concentration. It should be olympic actually.

I suppose you downloaded them mostly through torrents, unless you are rich to buy them :PP:
I don't archive that much, I usually download few tvseries (old and newer) and usually those are series that already finished, not filming new episodes or seasons. recently watch seinfeld.

I played darts as kid for one period a lot with my father together, I was good and was quite fun. I don't remember having any vexations arise back then, but last summer when I played there were vexations arising :)

If curling can be olympic, why not darts :lol2:
Nothing

Postby partofit22 on Wed May 25, 2016 3:38 am

fukasetsu wrote: I have the flue now for 12 days.

Feel better!

The new star wars was fun, I think- We've been watching the X files season 9-
partofit22

Postby Linda Anderson on Wed May 25, 2016 8:37 am

Fuki, feel better :hugs:
Not last night,
not this morning;
Melon flowers bloomed.
~ Bassho
Linda Anderson

Postby partofit22 on Wed Jun 08, 2016 4:54 pm

Poo .. :)
partofit22

Postby Avisitor on Thu Jun 09, 2016 1:39 am

partofit22 wrote:Poo .. :)

He says he hasn't given up ... even though the networks all say that Hillary has clinched the nomination.
Now, what would you call that?? Stubborn?? Determined?? Doesn't know when it is over??
Or maybe he still has an agenda to present??
Disclaimer: There is no intent to be offensive in my posts. None was intended and none should be interpreted as such.
Avisitor

Postby partofit22 on Thu Jun 09, 2016 3:58 am

Avisitor wrote:
partofit22 wrote:Poo .. :)

He says he hasn't given up ... even though the networks all say that Hillary has clinched the nomination.
Now, what would you call that?? Stubborn?? Determined?? Doesn't know when it is over??
Or maybe he still has an agenda to present??

The last one, I think, mostly- I think one would have to be stubbornly dedicated to do go forward after the powers that be say it is over even when going forward is an option but not in the personal interests of the powers that be -- which has been the foundation of his platform all along- It has supported him thus far- It ain't over till it's over, I guess-
partofit22

Postby fukasetsu on Thu Jun 09, 2016 7:17 pm

Thanks for the well wishes Linda, Teresa :)

Stupid movie of Bernie, even after the talk with Obama he decided to continue.

The smart move would have been finally congratulation Hilary and supporting her, then there would have been a big chance that Hilary would have taken over some point of his campain (like winimum wage etc) and he might be a part of her future administration, this gives out a strange signal to Bernie supporters, they might feel dumb now, did I vote for someone delusional?

At least that would be my feeling, well I can't vote and even wouldn't but if I did Hilary would have been my pick anyway.
Everyone for President!
fukasetsu

Postby Linda Anderson on Thu Jun 09, 2016 7:54 pm

ofc, it's weird to say congratulations when the election was stolen.

perhaps, he's staying on to get some of his agenda on the platform, much of which was already on the platform years ago....
Not last night,
not this morning;
Melon flowers bloomed.
~ Bassho
Linda Anderson

Postby partofit22 on Fri Jun 10, 2016 1:16 am

I've been embarrassed about many things in my life, and seem to continue to be, but not about voting for Bernie Sanders- I'd be embarrassed if I had not- What embarrasses me at times is living in a country whose members of our government claim to be public servants when in truth many serve themselves and consider their personal interests above all else-

As far as what the president Obama spoke about in his meeting with Bernie Sanders is between them, it wasn't televised, only a small amount of what they discussed was shared -- and I don't care to know-

I couldn't bring myself to vote for Hillary Clinton or Donald Trump, they both have enough people in their camps to do that- Even if every Bernie Sanders supporter stays home election day in November she will still win, no matter how much the Republican party rallies- She's bought and sold, she owns it- And it's kind of amazing so many people don't care about that?
partofit22

Postby Avisitor on Fri Jun 10, 2016 4:16 am

partofit22 wrote:I've been embarrassed about many things in my life, and seem to continue to be, but not about voting for Bernie Sanders- I'd be embarrassed if I had not- What embarrasses me at times is living in a country whose members of our government claim to be public servants when in truth many serve themselves and consider their personal interests above all else-

Can't blame a person for looking out for themselves.
We all do in one sense or another.
What we do not want is a person who represents others by "only looking out for themselves" (personal interest above all else).
I guess that is the distinction.

Ultimately, politicians are masters of image
And project whatever image they want or believe will get them the most votes.
Shaking hands and kissing babies ... whatever
Disclaimer: There is no intent to be offensive in my posts. None was intended and none should be interpreted as such.
Avisitor

Postby another_being on Fri Jun 10, 2016 5:25 pm

Zen master Bernie understands that it's not about him, it's about us. And it's about the absolute corruption that has taken over our government.

"I've been embarrassed about many things in my life, and seem to continue to be, but not about voting for Bernie Sanders- I'd be embarrassed if I had not- What embarrasses me at times is living in a country whose members of our government claim to be public servants when in truth many serve themselves and consider their personal interests above all else" -- partofit

This is it^ Voting for Bernie was probably the one time in my voting career that I felt completely confident and assured in my choice, and even a bit of pride in the progressive movement. Cheers to those who continue to support Sanders and get the message.

:peace:
"Some people think they are enlightened, some people think they are not enlightened." -- Denko
another_being

Postby fukasetsu on Fri Jun 10, 2016 7:45 pm

Ladies, guys, I mean common, this is a zen forum, the freaking fabrications some of you spew out.
Fuck politics, but in any case get a grip on your own multi-layered fantasies for crying out loud. ;)

Zen master Bernie understands that it's not about him, it's about us. And it's about the absolute corruption that has taken over our government.

Really? Bernie's the fucking same as the other politicans, when will you see this, I mean common in a zen forum wth?
Whatever is said is just appearances, make believe, nothing else. So Teresa, John, Linda etc I love you but you're idiots, nothing personal, but stop the self-grasping nonsense please, you dont care about Bernie, it's your own self-narrative.

On a side note, thanks Teresa for making me order the Gordie Howe book a few months back. :ghug:

sorry if I sound critical but I'm flabbergasted when "zen ppl" have such a narrative regarding wordly views.
In the same way I don't fanthom a statement from Nonin on this board calling Trump an idiot (or whatever it was)
personal views, ugh.

Be a sport.
Everyone for President!
fukasetsu

Postby partofit22 on Fri Jun 10, 2016 9:27 pm

fukasetsu wrote:Ladies, guys, I mean common, this is a zen forum, the freaking fabrications some of you spew out.
Fuck politics, but in any case get a grip on your own multi-layered fantasies for crying out loud. ;)

Really? Bernie's the fucking same as the other politicans, when will you see this, I mean common in a zen forum wth?
Whatever is said is just appearances, make believe, nothing else. So Teresa, John, Linda etc I love you but you're idiots, nothing personal, but stop the self-grasping nonsense please, you dont care about Bernie, it's your own self-narrative.

On a side note, thanks Teresa for making me order the Gordie Howe book a few months back. :ghug:

sorry if I sound critical but I'm flabbergasted when "zen ppl" have such a narrative regarding wordly views.
In the same way I don't fanthom a statement from Nonin on this board calling Trump an idiot (or whatever it was)
personal views, ugh.

Be a sport.

"You're my favorite deputy!"

:)

I know a guy that knows a guy that also experienced altitude sickness- They found him falling in and out of consciousness, straddling the very top of his carpet-covered kitty climber, yammering on about sewing up fabricated holes in the fabric of the universe that didn't exist with a wilted carrot on a bamboo stick- All he was wearing was a Jägermeister label stuck to the left cheek of his butt -- just for appearances- Nobody know'd how much sleep he'd losing, spending his nights on the corner in a make-shift sleigh, he'd cobbled together a crooked, wooden crate and duct taped two hockey sticks to the bottom of it for blades- It reminds me of a time while thinking when people leave, sometimes, they leave even when they were never here to begin with- Anyway, you're welcome- I loved him too-
partofit22

Postby another_being on Fri Jun 10, 2016 10:51 pm

:lol2: Fuki, seems like you need the grip. Just above your fuck politics rant, you wrote, " I can't vote and even wouldn't but if I did Hilary would have been my pick anyway." This says it all. :) You don't know what you're talking about. :)

My note about Zen master Bernie was meant with a touch of humor, but the general sentiment remains and I'll stand by it.

Politics aren't excluded from this big, wide wondrous world. No sense raising some concept of the absolute in preference over the lowly politicians and such. "It's all good" (the modern nod toward "every day is a good day").

:Namaste:
"Some people think they are enlightened, some people think they are not enlightened." -- Denko
another_being

Postby Linda Anderson on Fri Jun 10, 2016 11:00 pm

:heya: Fuki, for god's sake, don't vote for Shillary! :lol2:

last time I checked, my true nature knows nothing about politics, this is a nice Merry-go-Round we're on.

:hugs:
Last edited by Linda Anderson on Sat Jun 11, 2016 1:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Not last night,
not this morning;
Melon flowers bloomed.
~ Bassho
Linda Anderson

Postby Avisitor on Sat Jun 11, 2016 3:25 am

another_being wrote:This is it^ Voting for Bernie was probably the one time in my voting career that I felt completely confident and assured in my choice, and even a bit of pride in the progressive movement. Cheers to those who continue to support Sanders and get the message.

:peace:

I doubt anyone who is in politics to not take advantage of all the perks of looking out for oneself and family.
Insider knowledge which lets them become millionaires .. over and over again.
Yeah, even Bernie may preach a good story, ultimately is a politician or in the affairs of politicians.
No escaping the influence of political life.
Avisitor

Postby Nothing on Sat Jun 11, 2016 9:40 am

Trump's hairstyle is his forte :P
Nothing

PreviousNext

Return to Current Events & Politics