Welcome admin !

It is currently Tue Sep 26, 2017 1:12 am
Pathway:  Board index General Discussion Forum and Lounge Current Events & Politics

Bernie Sanders

Re: Bernie Sanders

Postby partofit22 on Wed Sep 28, 2016 4:29 am

Nothing wrote:I still can not understand how anyone can think that one candidate is better than the other and that does not apply just to these presidential candidates, but politicians in general.

As Fukasetsu said, they all came to where they are with manipulation. if one was less manipulative so to speak, it is just because he/she did not have the opportunities or the right conditions to climb higher on the ladder of power.
And if Bernie was really honest politician (if there is such thing at all) he would not support or endorse a criminal for president. :)

And what Joe said that people changing their minds is in some ways good and there is a progress in certain areas ( not just in USA, but worldwide ), although I agree with that, would say that progress is not due to the president or the government competence or willingness, although they do take the credit for that :lol2:

Uh huh .. I had a Mouth moment about that -- like wanting to dive into that fountain of donations and take mine back, take them all back ..

About progress, I don't know .. there's a lot of sliding back in the areas of race and violence-

And as far as the presidency is concerned, we get to vote for Pennywise or Krusty ..
partofit22

Postby Nothing on Wed Sep 28, 2016 10:46 am

partofit22 wrote:
Uh huh .. I had a Mouth moment about that -- like wanting to dive into that fountain of donations and take mine back, take them all back ..

:lol2:

partofit22 wrote: About progress, I don't know .. there's a lot of sliding back in the areas of race and violence-

Yes , fully agree, and that is very sad, that is why I said only in certain areas and I think that as long we try to change the world with our minds instead with our hearts, we will never see a genuine, wholesome change on all levels, instead some aspects of the society will be better for some time and other quite bad and if we look back at our history we can see the very same pattern repeating over and over. Our minds are fragmented, something fragmented can not bring a wholesome society ever.

partofit22 wrote: And as far as the presidency is concerned, we get to vote for Pennywise or Krusty ..

I heard something about Krusty the clown but I did not know whether is a joke or not, but who is Pennywise? :)
"There is no vestige of a beginning, no prospect of an end" - James Hutton
Nothing

Postby fukasetsu on Thu Sep 29, 2016 12:20 am

desert_woodworker wrote:In a hundred years, a recording of this "debate" will be "historical" (today, it is just more than a bit hysterical).

I think in a 100 years no one cares Joe, because I hope finally a "latino" (sorry I know the word is a white covenient umbrella ivented word but I'm to ignorant to know a better word) or whoever be in power/running and the old white republican manifesto will be in the past apart from a sidenote in some digital library. In any case in my town there's 99% caucasian and still ppl are talking crap about "they took our jobs" (another south park reference btw), I hope that the whole world soon in every country will be a mix of all races and religions and no one has to talk about building walls or immigration policy.
Everyone for President!
fukasetsu

Postby fukasetsu on Thu Sep 29, 2016 12:23 am

Nothing wrote:I still can not understand how anyone can think that one candidate is better than the other and that does not apply just to these presidential candidates, but politicians in general.

Ah Brother one planet at a time I guess, eventhough this is not my planet I'm off to other adventures :heya:
Everyone for President!
fukasetsu

Postby partofit22 on Fri Sep 30, 2016 3:16 am

Nothing wrote:
partofit22 wrote:

:lol2:

partofit22 wrote: About progress, I don't know .. there's a lot of sliding back in the areas of race and violence-

Yes , fully agree, and that is very sad, that is why I said only in certain areas and I think that as long we try to change the world with our minds instead with our hearts, we will never see a genuine, wholesome change on all levels, instead some aspects of the society will be better for some time and other quite bad and if we look back at our history we can see the very same pattern repeating over and over. Our minds are fragmented, something fragmented can not bring a wholesome society ever.

partofit22 wrote: And as far as the presidency is concerned, we get to vote for Pennywise or Krusty ..

I heard something about Krusty the clown but I did not know whether is a joke or not, but who is Pennywise? :)

Re: One better than another- (politicians/people in general) I think one can be better that another at one thing or another in infinite ways- Much gets in the way, however, of being better- One of which is a mean spirit- And the election process can be very mean spirited- But what you said above covers it/that (everything) ..
partofit22

Previous

Return to Current Events & Politics