Welcome admin !

It is currently Fri Aug 18, 2017 4:16 am
Pathway:  Board index General Discussion Forum and Lounge Current Events & Politics

Islam resists secularization.

Re: Islam resists secularization.

Postby TigerDuck on Fri Dec 18, 2015 10:09 am

is it wrong to reject Islam from Buddhist point of view?

Is it wrong to say no in Buddhism?

Some say if you insult a religion, you are racist. But, they are insulting religion, not race.

How can someone insult religion be called racist?

Is religion a race or philosophy?

Through nonconceptuality, he is immovable.

[Nagarjuna]
TigerDuck

Postby Samsaric Spiral on Fri Dec 18, 2015 5:22 pm

The Saudi regime is the principal sponsor of Sunni extremism and of undermining the Syrian peace talks by backing hardline Salafist groups.

Islam is a political tool of Gulf Arabs to indirectly control other ethnicites in the Middle East.

It's why Kurds are going back to Zoroastrianism (which is actually Persian/Iranian), and why Alawites kept a lot of Zoroastrian or Christian beliefs. If non-Arab ethnic groups do not fight back, then they will follow the same fate as Assyrians, be diminished to such small numbers and lose their nation to Gulf Arab expansionist agenda. Persians are also threatened by recent advanced by the Saudis.
Samsaric Spiral

Postby macdougdoug on Mon Dec 21, 2015 4:57 pm

Due to the Islamocentric hullabaloo currently affecting the world village and other occurences; I might just accept inspiration from the Salat or 5 daily muslim prayers.

So instead of daily Zazen maybe a dose of 5 shorter bursts of contemplation throughout the day?

:ghug:
macdougdoug
Global Moderator

Postby Samsaric Spiral on Mon Dec 21, 2015 11:59 pm

Recently, USA passed a visa restriction on Iranians. What is this nonsense? It is the Salafist movement that has and is behind every terrorist act in the world last in the last 35 years, which Iran is fighting off. It's the the Salafists (e.g., Qatar, Kuwait, Pakistan Egypt ,Turkey) and Saudi Arabians that are the biggest threat! They are funding and sponsors and supporters of the terrorist movement and all are Sunni nations. Even ISIS is a part of this coalition which Iran is fighting off. American foreign policy is so messed up. This coalition is where intense monitoring of visas should start not the Iranians. America shot down a Persian air plane with civilians (i.e., Iran Air Flight 655) and also disposed of the democratically selected leader Mossadegh in 1953, so I don't see the point of encouraging even more Anti-Persian Sentiment.

Persians, alongside Lebanese, have been one of the most successful minority groups in the USA. Some famous scientists include Rashid Abdol Massuman (early pioneer to the field of cardiology), Lotfi A. Zadeh (creator of fuzzy sets), and Cumrun Vafa (leading string theorist). A few of them deserved the Nobel Prize, but we know why they didn't get it due to having descent with the "enemies".

Iranians have also established themselves in the business world with figures like Twitter Chairman Omid Kordestani; EBay founder Pierre Omidyar; Oracle & Yahoo VP engineering Zod Nazem; Cisco exec Mohsen Moazami; Uber director Shervin Pishevar; Dropbox cofounder Arash Ferdowsi; Expedia CEO Dara Khosrowshahi; and Code.org co-founders Hadi Partovi & me.

I recommend everyone think deeply about how much USA is heavily supporting Saudi Arabia. Factor this in with the liberal "open" attitude towards Arabs. The fact of the matter is Persians are hated more than Gulf Arabs in this country. Many of them have deserved a Nobel Prize, and now they are banned from entering.

I've accomplished a semidecent amount, getting my degree from a top-rated university, but in High School I had guns aimed at me, almost stabbed by a neocon, and so forth. I find it funny how most politicians don't take the time to learn to pronounce it correctly.

---

"Iranian-Americans Have Reached Highest Echelons Of Tech, But Still Failed To Stop Visa Restriction"
http://www.forbes.com/sites/elizabethma ... nd-beyond/
Samsaric Spiral

Postby Samsaric Spiral on Tue Jan 05, 2016 9:13 pm

Not so surprisingly, there is a lot of pro-Saudi, anti-Iran propaganda by the Anglo media. They like to mention the fact Iran executes more people than Saudi Arabia, but they omit the crucial fact that most of this is due to drug smuggling. In case of Iran that is around 95% of all executions. This is really high but Iran is used as a transit route for drugs produced in Afghanistan and also a good market for drug barons. There are 2 million heroine users in Iran.

Granted, even with drug problems and sanctions, Iran has ranked highly in the science unlike the backwards Gulf Arabs. My point is, the Gulf Arab nations are far more backwards. There will never be a unified Middle East as long as Persians and Gulf Arabs duke it out. One of them has to go.
Samsaric Spiral

Postby Samsaric Spiral on Wed Jan 06, 2016 7:29 am

The Gilan and Mazandaran provinces of Iran are very beautiful.

Support Iran over Saudi Arabia.

Here's more on the ecoregion of that area:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Caspian_H ... ed_forests

There are some protected areas, which is good. An even stronger attempt must be made to preserve this area, I feel.
Samsaric Spiral

Postby Lunarious1987 on Sun Aug 14, 2016 3:27 pm

Wow wow cowboy.

There is a "joke". About Islam surrendering to the west. Although Islam means submission to Allah. The joe goe like this:

"
- The arabs will control the earth in the future. Do you know how?
- No.
- The arabis will namely stay on earth backwards and the west will travel to the moon and mars with technology and advancement, and we will then get out from the den like LIONS and broaden our chest like *gorillas*."

How about this joke? :peace:
- Don't be thankful to be righteous. Be righteous to be thankful.
- Shia: "We are the friends/owners of proof, wherever it bends we bend."
- Imam Hussein was once asked: what is affluence? He said : Decreasing your wishes , and being satisfied with what is enough for you.”
Lunarious1987

Postby Caodemarte on Sun Aug 14, 2016 5:34 pm

Since nutty Christians are the main source of terrorism in the US, should we also violate our laws by banning them as well? Maybe test them to make sure they are not secret Christians? We try very hard to screen out potential terrorists and criminals as it is, but maybe we should extend the effort by banning Caucasians as well. As well as comprising the vast majority of terrorists, all successful foreign terrorists in the US have been Caucasian. If we take this argument serously, we would be better off banning Christians and Caucasians. Strangely, this is never raised by "Muslim ban" proponents. Perhaps the argument has less to do with security than with simple bias.
Caodemarte
Global Moderator

Postby Lunarious1987 on Sun Aug 14, 2016 7:34 pm

@Caodemarte

Hello :) How are you all?

I as muslim do not want to attack anyone, or critisize anyone, because there is no compulsion in religion. We as muslims think everyone will get into heaven except the evil ones. In the future, we will rise from the ashes on earth to paradise in heaven (earth) but until then we will commit no crime. We will however ben morally secure and military defensively secure. As we are the Dharma warriors (believer - for all people without exception). Muslims are are standrad soliders.

Peace
- Imam Hussein was once asked: what is affluence? He said : Decreasing your wishes , and being satisfied with what is enough for you.”
Lunarious1987

Postby Lunarious1987 on Sun Aug 14, 2016 8:14 pm

Zatoichi vs Great Samurai (i forgot his name) 1970: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=LYaXwv1peeQ
Lunarious1987

Postby Lunarious1987 on Sun Aug 14, 2016 8:21 pm

Lunarious1987

Postby Lunarious1987 on Sun Aug 14, 2016 8:29 pm

Lunarious1987

Postby Lunarious1987 on Sun Aug 14, 2016 11:03 pm

Yang Mi best fight scene of Wu Dan: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Qp9e79YG50o
Lunarious1987

Postby fukasetsu on Wed Aug 17, 2016 2:56 pm

Caodemarte wrote:Since nutty Christians are the main source of terrorism in the US, should we also violate our laws by banning them as well? Maybe test them to make sure they are not secret Christians? We try very hard to screen out potential terrorists and criminals as it is, but maybe we should extend the effort by banning Caucasians as well. As well as comprising the vast majority of terrorists, all successful foreign terrorists in the US have been Caucasian. If we take this argument serously, we would be better off banning Christians and Caucasians. Strangely, this is never raised by "Muslim ban" proponents. Perhaps the argument has less to do with security than with simple bias.

Yeps, in the history of terrorism, plundering, stealing, raping, oppressing, CC's still rule by a large margin.
I think what you should ban from America is bigotry and all Fox News journalists :tongueincheek:
Differences are never in opposition.
fukasetsu

Previous

Return to Current Events & Politics