Welcome admin !

It is currently Sun Apr 30, 2017 9:29 pm
Pathway:  Board index General Discussion Forum and Lounge Current Events & Politics

Europe's migrant crisis

Re: Europe's migrant crisis

Postby Samsaric Spiral on Sun Jan 31, 2016 8:24 am

Michaeljc wrote:I gave up posting on this topic months ago due to personal attack

The scenario playing out was obviously predictable from the beginning

Sad but true

Stop portraying yourself as a victim. I asked for evidence for a specific claim, and you responded by demeaning me. Anyone who reads that can see it.

Anyways, I think the Migrant Crisis in Europe was due to the goal of redistributing surplus labor force, in order to minimize wages, as new markets are being created at the same time, in order to maximize sales opportunities. Germany and Sweden are both very dependent on exports, if not also very pro immigration at the same time. Follow the money is always a good starting point to figuring out the causal explanation underlying issues, especially after we've seen what's happening to old middle class of U.S. which apparently is slowly shrinking.

You constantly crying "Europa", "Europa" isn't going to accomplish anything.

Here's something interesting my friend said:

Not sure what you guys think of George Friedman, but this is an interesting interview, in which he points out that Germany's economy is so export orientated that it's basically mesed up if something happens and the world stops buying lots of stuff from Germany...like, say, China's economy having a meltdown or the BRICS nations imploding because of their credit bubbles bursting.

http://youtu.be/I1duh7X76XU

He makes the point that if anything like this happens, then all hell would break loose in Germany because of the recent high levels of immigration into Germany, as the natives compete for resources with migrants, most of whom are from Islamic countries, and so presumably the line of conflict would be very clear.

What he doesn't speculate about is the possibility that the current high influx of migrants might be due to a deliberate policy, and something of a gamble, by the German government to try and build up internal demand within the German economy just in case Germany fails to dodge another bullet, and its export sales slide, pushing the country into recession.

The way things are going, Germany will probably be forced to take in around 3 million migrants over the next couple of years. This will create internal demand in various sectors of the economy for many years, because the migrants will have to be taught German, housed, fed, etc.

Whether this is ultimately successful in terms of plugging holes in the German labor market and so on, isn't really important for the end game, which is still a huge gamble, but a pretty straightforward one. Any thoughts?

I even admitted, early on, Islam is a religion that resists secularization and we're going to see the situation escalate out of control.

However, it is not an invasion. Europe opened its borders and asked for a horde of uneducated people, many verging on barbarism. I said this very early on. The point is to see why this was done, and fix the underlying reasons so it doesn't repeat.
Samsaric Spiral

Postby macdougdoug on Sun Jan 31, 2016 1:38 pm

Are you saying : A) That there is some groupuscule who is controlling the world and all the events that happen in it? and
B) Its okay to hate migrants because they are barely human?

If so what do we gain by this belief? I have friends who believe the same, some seem to be filled with pride by this "superior" knowledge; some are filled with fear and thus turn to Jesus; some are filled with hate despite the fact that the original conspirationists offered love as the only solution againt the reptiliens.
macdougdoug
Global Moderator

Postby Samsaric Spiral on Thu Feb 04, 2016 6:18 am

macdougdoug wrote:Are you saying : A) That there is some groupuscule who is controlling the world and all the events that happen in it? and
B) Its okay to hate migrants because they are barely human?

If so what do we gain by this belief? I have friends who believe the same, some seem to be filled with pride by this "superior" knowledge; some are filled with fear and thus turn to Jesus; some are filled with hate despite the fact that the original conspirationists offered love as the only solution againt the reptiliens.

The post above yours explained more precisely how the Migrant Crisis "due to the goal of redistributing surplus labor force, in order to minimize wages, as new markets are being created at the same time, in order to maximize sales opportunities. Germany and Sweden are both very dependent on exports, if not also very pro immigration at the same time. Follow the money is always a good starting point to figuring out the causal explanation underlying issues, especially after we've seen what's happening to old middle class of U.S. which apparently is slowly shrinking... the current high influx of migrants might be due to a deliberate policy, and something of a gamble, by the German government to try and build up internal demand within the German economy just in case Germany fails to dodge another bullet, and its export sales slide, pushing the country into recession."

The Migrant Crisis was a consequence of market dynamics. I think I said it clearly.

Or, to be more precise, it has to do with "neoliberalism":

Neo-liberalism is a philosophical, political and economic system that emerged most aggressively in the 1970s and now it the primary philosophy of the global economy. The liberal is old school liberal, as in new 18th Century liberal not new 20th Century Leftism.

Though in reality few nations ever elect to fully follow neo-liberalism to the letter, the philosophy stresses some key elements:

1. Free trade on a global scale
2. Limited role of government with central banks playing the largest economic role in a state not government stimulus.
3. Acceptance of the power of corporations over the state and a stress of private ownership of as much of a economy has possible.
4. Strong influence of individual freedoms.
5. Deregulation of markets, belief that market systems will correct imbalances."

Neo-liberalism places a focus on economic growth over other concerns. It argues that this is beneficial to society at large despite the fact that it tends to ignore environmental constrains and other social issues. It encourages individuals and the state to comply to market dynamics in order to benefit the corporate elite. Whenever we talk about outsourcing public services to the private sector, making people pay for them as consumers, using tax money to save the banks, expecting universities to mainly build workforce and support corporate research, holding closed door meetings about free trade and G# submits, presenting new products as a solution to social and environmental issues, we are talking about neo-liberalism. Is neoliberalism not inevitable in capitalism as we develop more and more efficent means of communication?

The refugee crisis was a consequence of growing neoliberalism in global economy.

Read this: "The true threat to our communal ways of life are not foreigners but the dynamic of global capitalism... Refugees are the price of global economy" - Slavoj Zizek

I recommend reading this fully: http://inthesetimes.org/article/1838...bal-capitalism

Refugee crisis is a consequence of increasing neoliberalism, which I find inevitable in global capitalist systems. Keep in mind, I agree with Zizek's explanation of what led to the problems, but I do not agree with his solutions. I don't know a CLEAR solution, except the borders should have never been opened and it was dumb to do so in a sociocultural sense.
Samsaric Spiral

Postby TTT on Thu Feb 04, 2016 8:23 am

I Think that there is no problem with migration to and from Europé.
Its just a matter of preception. In my contry, now, there are meny syriens comming, for example. This is couse of the war there. We need not to be unrealistic about reality. That war is a fact, it s a civil war, and people need somewhere to liove and go. Than, when that war is ended, Peace can grow up. And that people can go back to that contry, if thay want. Its not soo muche of a problem. Some people become nationalists, when migration is a issue, others not. This is just how one relate to nation and self identity..
If i want to go and live in an other contry, parhaps i like the sun there. Spain, for example, has a lot of sun! Than i need mony and time, if i dont have that, what to do?
Or if i say that nirvana, for exemple, is a contry and Prainaparamita (in Tibaten Yum Chennmo, i think), that goodness, is living in Java! (ther is a myth of of that topic).

How to go ther?
To my, this question is more interessting then migration.
Spring time
TTT

Postby partofit22 on Fri Feb 26, 2016 4:14 pm

IKEA Unveils Solar-Powered Flat Pack Shelters for Easily Deployable Emergency Housing

IKEA just turned turned its flat pack sensibilities from the urban apartment to the global village by unveiling a comfortable, solar-powered shelter that can provide emergency housing for natural disaster victims and refugees. The flat pack homes were developed in collaboration between the IKEA Foundation and the United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees (UNCHR), and they can be set up in a snap to provide immediate shelter for those in need.

http://inhabitat.com/ikeas-solar-powered-flat-pack-refugee-shelters-offer-easily-deployable-emergency-housing/ikea-refugee-shelter5/
partofit22

Previous

Return to Current Events & Politics