Welcome admin !

It is currently Thu Aug 17, 2017 10:47 am
Pathway:  Board index General Discussion Forum and Lounge Current Events & Politics

Trump turns Boy Scouts event into political rally

Re: Trump turns Boy Scouts event into political rally

Postby Boatman Bodhisattva on Sun Aug 13, 2017 5:28 am

Once again, Trump refuses to condemn white nationalism for what it is:
https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics ... 989a38c505

This is the same man who has repeatedly re-posted for the pages of white nationalists on Twitter.
I mean no disrespect to forum members on my ignore list. Gassho. __/\__

"Reciting the name of the Buddha constantly... His own body is the limitless body of Amida, the treasure trees of seven precious gems, the pond of the eight virtues." - Hakuin Ekaku

https://matthewsatori.tumblr.com/
Boatman Bodhisattva

Postby fukasetsu on Sun Aug 13, 2017 9:11 am

The Choice

We tend to compulsively rehash our history,
feeding ourselves on those now-stale offerings,
expecting the known, and receiving only that.

Imagining that our personal story represents identity,
we habitually re-confirm our belief in the character
we created, the one of which we are so enamored,
that alluring object of our persistent obsession.

Our true self, however, is not invested in history,
is not afraid of change at any level, nor does it
replicate what it has already known and done
for the futile sake of ephemeral security.

Until we can relax enough to allow the unknown
to be both possible and acceptable, we will
wallow in the same stagnation, trapped
within our self-imposed boundaries.

The false cannot survive in the light of truth,
neither on the individual level, nor at the collective,
where man-made religions and political ideologies
employ fear and separation to maintain control.

The world we have assumed would always be here
in the same way we have always expected it to be
is increasingly confounding our preconceptions,
forcing each one of us now to make a choice.

The known is yearning to fall fully into the unknown,
to die and be reborn at a higher frequency of vibration.
We can either resist and contract or let go and expand.

Nobody is here at this time by accident, the choice
has never been more clear — everything’s waiting
for our response: will we choose love or fear?
~Sir Bob (Robert 'O Hearn)
Differences are never in opposition.
fukasetsu

Postby Boatman Bodhisattva on Sun Aug 13, 2017 1:51 pm

In blaming a domestic terrorist attack on "many sides," rather than condemning white nationalism for what it is, Trump is blaming the victims. This is the same Trump who falsely attacked Obama for not condemning Islamic terrorism by name.

One side supports fascism and racism and actually killed people. The other side came to protest against it. And Trump blames "many sides."
I mean no disrespect to forum members on my ignore list. Gassho. __/\__

"Reciting the name of the Buddha constantly... His own body is the limitless body of Amida, the treasure trees of seven precious gems, the pond of the eight virtues." - Hakuin Ekaku

https://matthewsatori.tumblr.com/
Boatman Bodhisattva

Postby Linda Anderson on Wed Aug 16, 2017 2:29 am

Colorful shirts, eh? This is strong practice....

The Charlottesville Riots...

https://news.vice.com/story/vice-news-tonight-full-episode-charlottesville-race-and-terror
Not last night,
not this morning;
Melon flowers bloomed.
~ Bassho
Linda Anderson

Postby partofit22 on Wed Aug 16, 2017 2:44 am

Boatman Bodhisattva wrote:In blaming a domestic terrorist attack on "many sides," rather than condemning white nationalism for what it is, Trump is blaming the victims. This is the same Trump who falsely attacked Obama for not condemning Islamic terrorism by name.

One side supports fascism and racism and actually killed people. The other side came to protest against it. And Trump blames "many sides."

It was unfortunate- If you dont show uo, youre not involved enough- And if you do, youre responsible in part for all that takes place because you were there- So I do get the many sides comment- But think he should have addressed the haters first and then followed up with the many sides comment-
partofit22

Postby desert_woodworker on Wed Aug 16, 2017 2:51 am

He should not be pretending to be president in the first place. Winner of the unpopular-vote... . --Joe
desert_woodworker

Postby partofit22 on Wed Aug 16, 2017 3:10 am

Joe, they all pretend :lol2:
partofit22

Postby Linda Anderson on Wed Aug 16, 2017 3:32 am

For heavens sake, take your eye off the object of illusion. This is not a game... now, go ahead and make some more jokes.... and if you dare, watch the video. It's about time to face what is happening.
Not last night,
not this morning;
Melon flowers bloomed.
~ Bassho
Linda Anderson

Postby partofit22 on Wed Aug 16, 2017 3:42 am

There is documentary on youtube titled The Shock Doctrine- Its an explanation of the connections between politics and economics-

All presidents have lied- Popularity doesnt change that fact -- but the fact that popularity entered the discussion, when it did, strikes me funny- As if the popular candidate isnt as big of a liar, or just better at it, since she did convince most-

I find it difficult to see what another sees and assumes I should without making any effort to express what they see- Its a gimmicky way in which to communicate, intentionally dodging engaging in straight forward conversation for reasons unknown- I watched the video- I dont think any differently about the fact that all presidents have lied, that some are better at it than others-

There was destruction on all sides- Perhaps as a united society, we should cease memorializing people and historical events in granite, concrete and bronze- I doubt we would miss any of them once gone-
Last edited by partofit22 on Wed Aug 16, 2017 4:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
partofit22

Postby Linda Anderson on Wed Aug 16, 2017 4:28 am

It's history and it's not dead ... this is not news. It's eternal. It's good coverage on the history of neo-liberalism. what do you see in it.

I am in no way suggesting that we participate with the shock doctrine. I am well aware how crisis can sweep ppl into the mass consciousness.... But, we are called to see the truth of what is happening.... and the forces afoot. Then, we greet it as we do. And, I see this topic receiving superficial dismissal. why?

This is why we practice... not to make the world better, but to lend a hand. IMO, it's quite possible that we will see near destruction in the transformation of this world... best we greet it with a strong heart. We're sure not going to vote about it.... :peace:

ps... the video is designed to support Naomi Klein's theory of shock doctrine... partly true, but fails to portray the whole story. Much more than the "Chicago boys".... and lack of leadership for 9/11.... the US wanted war, they got it. The US wanted to take individual liberty away, they got it. The US uses shock to dominate the world. Buddha nature pervades the whole universe.
Not last night,
not this morning;
Melon flowers bloomed.
~ Bassho
Linda Anderson

Postby partofit22 on Wed Aug 16, 2017 5:16 am

I see the same anger I grew up with in the 60s- Thats what I see- No more clearly today than yesterday or decades ago-
partofit22

Postby bokki on Wed Aug 16, 2017 10:10 am

T, if i may, what we c is only us..me..u..i
so, if u complain 2 now or praise times past, we'll know what ur talking about ..u
T, whats d nickname of trump, or by same, putin...
what would u call d fks?
bokki

Postby fukasetsu on Wed Aug 16, 2017 10:23 am

Linda, I wouldn't give it much attention, the same kind of behaviour you'll find in Europe when footy (soccer) is their platform, now it's linked to a statue or Trump, these are just children. The more attention you give them the more kids join in and the more protesters come to the game, other then the game being a waste of tax money because the police has to show up, there's not much going on despite the appearance of violence and the usual "we have to make a stand and pick a side!" which most humans do 24/7 in every little thingy they encounter in "society" or "microworld"
fukasetsu

Postby fukasetsu on Wed Aug 16, 2017 11:53 am

Each year in several cities we commemorate the abolishment of slavery, just as we commemorate WWII and a lot of other things each year.

Yet at the same time, we still have lots of imagery like this on buildings which hardly anyone ever notices;

But when people walk through Amsterdam they do not notice it, and I'm sure we have a statue somewhere of someone who was probably a brilliant inventor yet at the same time owned slaves.
Here's the gist, if only one person notices those busts on the buildings (or some statue) and the media gets word of it, that one person who is either for or against anything (like removing a statue) will evolve in the whole country taking a stand and picking to be anti or pro.

This whole either anti or pro Trump thingy is enhancing every little thing which happens and would normally be only a footnote on the news, instead of dwelling on the appearance of things I'd say it's best to look at the source of things.

mahatma-gandhi-1.png

Gandhi never said "be the change you want to see in this world"
He said like the zen thingy "do not pick and choose"
Take a rest from choosing and picking, meaning take a rest from aversion and attachment. and then pick and choose,
like vanilla over chocolate, or democrats over republicans etc.

But at least when we fight we fight over the actual thing, not what our prime minister or president or queen thinks about it.
We don't give a monkey's ass what our prime minister or queen thinks about anything.
I don't mind a good boxing or UFC match, but your "Trump battle" is just punching air, it's a total waste of time, just stop fixating on one individual's opinion about things and fights. You're causing your own division, no one else.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
fukasetsu

Postby Spike on Wed Aug 16, 2017 1:07 pm

fukasetsu wrote:This whole either anti or pro Trump thingy is enhancing every little thing which happens and would normally be only a footnote on the news, instead of dwelling on the appearance of things I'd say it's best to look at the source of things. . .

Take a rest from choosing and picking . . .

I don't mind a good boxing or UFC match, but your "Trump battle" is just punching air, it's a total waste of time, just stop fixating on one individual's opinion about things and fights. You're causing your own division, no one else.

Some fought, and some died, for the right for us to choose, so we choose, and in these times we have to do it almost daily. There is no rest.

You should mind boxing or UFC. Those sports are the pinnacle of brain-damaging barbarism. The only thing they are good for imo is if you are young and want to learn self-defense. Better to go see a movie and learn. Me? Can't outfight'em or even outrun'em (my first choice) anymore, so: useless and gratuitous, and likely to do harm in so many ways, e.g., wire your brain, learn how to be aggressive, normalize violence on another human being, pummel someone when he or she is down/unconscious, etc. Not possible to morally justify such harm, imo. But, I suppose, there's no accounting for standards anymore, either.
re. Nukes, asked 3x:
"If we have them, why can't we use them?"
ITMFA
Spike

Postby fukasetsu on Wed Aug 16, 2017 1:09 pm

partofit22 wrote:I see the same anger I grew up with in the 60s- Thats what I see- No more clearly today than yesterday or decades ago-

Thanks Teresa, that is the crux nothing changes as long as we're in the grip of fear (anger) due to fixating on external phenomena.
fukasetsu

Postby fukasetsu on Wed Aug 16, 2017 1:19 pm

Spike wrote:
You should mind boxing or UFC. Those sports are the pinnacle of brain-damaging barbarism. The only thing they are good for imo is if you are young and want to learn self-defense. Better to go see a movie and learn. Me? Can't outfight'em or even outrun'em (my first choice) anymore, so: useless and gratuitous, and likely to do harm in so many ways, e.g., wire your brain, learn how to be aggressive, normalize violence on another human being, pummel someone when he or she is down/unconscious, etc. Not possible to morally justify such harm, imo. But, I suppose, there's no accounting for standards anymore, either.

I'm aware of that Spike, same as I'm aware of for instance people telling me that eating eggs is helping killing ;)

But about that, yes NFL, NHL, footy, boxing it's all "barbaric" to some point, those UFC fighters perhaps fight 1-2 matches per year for only 3-5 rounds, and they can absorb punches much better then we do, due to their practise. Most other sports you'll see are way more dangerous then an UFC fight. But since I'm not an UFC fighter I can hardly take a (final) stand on it, if I'd desire to do so.
Besides it's their decision and sport, they don't go knocking around people in daily life based on attachment and aversion.

Our own bodies are at war all the time, the entire universe is a constant battle of violence and destruction, there's game violence, there's functional violence and there's nonsensical violence based on attachments and aversion.

In UFC there are fighters who pretend to hate the opponent too (it's just to sell tickets and get fans excited) but there are also those due to their training and sport who can give back to their community, and some who fight are born to fight, would you take that away so they might beat up their wifes or go to some statue to defend their views? You might mind boxing or UFC fighting, I have no business in minding or not minding any of it, but I enjoy a fight or two, especialy when a Dutchy fights. Again purely for the sake of my own entertainment and fantasy, I root for the guy clearly knowing win and loss is a fantasy the conditioned mind adds to perception. :heya:

Some fought, and some died, for the right for us to choose, so we choose, and in these times we have to do it almost daily. There is no rest

I hear that often, such sentiments are strong in the US of A. (ps is it a sentiment I'm not sure. no offense meant)
We don't have such "sentiments" yet we are aware of the past, only a handful of people would say such things here as to "justify" their present day activity. (again no offense just an example from here, not from there (USA)) Not that we don't choose based on aversions and attachments, ignorance is a universal thingy as you know.
fukasetsu

Postby Spike on Wed Aug 16, 2017 3:26 pm

fukasetsu wrote:But about that, yes NFL, NHL, footy, boxing it's all "barbaric" to some point, those UFC fighters perhaps fight 1-2 matches per year for only 3-5 rounds, and they can absorb punches much better then we do, due to their practise.

The brain is the consistency of jello--yours, mine and a UFC fighter's. Practice does not mitigate brain injury.

fukasetsu wrote: Most other sports you'll see are way more dangerous then an UFC fight.

Just disagree.

fukasetsu wrote:In UFC there are fighters who pretend to hate the opponent too (it's just to sell tickets and get fans excited) but there are also those due to their training and sport who can give back to their community, and some who fight are born to fight, would you take that away so they might beat up their wifes or go to some statue to defend their views? You might mind boxing or UFC fighting, I have no business in minding or not minding any of it, but I enjoy a fight or two, especialy when a Dutchy fights. Again purely for the sake of my own entertainment and fantasy, I root for the guy clearly knowing win and loss is a fantasy the conditioned mind adds to perception.

I would take it away, and if that person were aware of having a proclivity for domestic or any other physical violence, I would suggest counseling. For the spouse, I would recommend counseling and an emergency escape plan if threatened or attacked: where to go, whom to contact--family, lawyer, police, counselor, etc.
re. Nukes, asked 3x:
"If we have them, why can't we use them?"
ITMFA
Spike

Postby partofit22 on Wed Aug 16, 2017 4:25 pm

When voting for change, it's kind of like hoping for a cat 5 hurricane- Hoping for the leveling of the playing field, so that people could be given the opportunity to look each other in the eyes, as equals, us, them, everybody, regardless of belief, skin color, sex or sexual orientation- It seems to begin with the fear of giving up almost everything one has come to accept about people in general, but as that exterior fall away a beauty begins to bloom that was there all along, perhaps being stratified by the coldness towards one another- But suddenly there is warmth, and kindness- I lived in Pass Christian when Katrina hit the gulf coast of Mississippi- We evacuated around 3PM- The general attitude along that 12 hour or so trip to Tallahassee along the evac route was "we are in this together-" Knee deep or more in water and sustained winds and the wonder of if we will make it through alive- I say wonder because by that time fear falls away to wonder once in the middle of a shit storm such as she (Katrina) was- And one begins to thrive in the chaos- In the aftermath of the destruction, people ate mac and cheese together, military rations, elbow to elbow- It's funny though how rebuilding follows the same blueprint time and again, and the world returns to what it once was, the us and the them, the black and the white, the rich and the poor- I suppose it's my hope that one day the blueprint will change-
partofit22

Postby fukasetsu on Wed Aug 16, 2017 5:12 pm

partofit22 wrote:When voting for change, it's kind of like hoping for a cat 5 hurricane- Hoping for the leveling of the playing field, so that people could be given the opportunity to look each other in the eyes, as equals, us, them, everybody, regardless of belief, skin color, sex or sexual orientation- It seems to begin with the fear of giving up almost everything one has come to accept about people in general, but as that exterior fall away a beauty begins to bloom that was there all along, perhaps being stratified by the coldness towards one another- But suddenly there is warmth, and kindness- I lived in Pass Christian when Katrina hit the gulf coast of Mississippi- We evacuated around 3PM- The general attitude along that 12 hour or so trip to Tallahassee along the evac route was "we are in this together-" Knee deep or more in water and sustained winds and the wonder of if we will make it through alive- I say wonder because by that time fear falls away to wonder once in the middle of a shit storm such as she (Katrina) was- And one begins to thrive in the chaos- In the aftermath of the destruction, people ate mac and cheese together, military rations, elbow to elbow- It's funny though how rebuilding follows the same blueprint time and again, and the world returns to what it once was, the us and the them, the black and the white, the rich and the poor- I suppose it's my hope that one day the blueprint will change-

Me too, thank you.
:ghug:
fukasetsu

PreviousNext

Return to Current Events & Politics