Welcome admin !

It is currently Tue Oct 24, 2017 1:18 am
Pathway:  Board index General Discussion Forum and Lounge Fun and Games

play

Re: play

Postby fukasetsu on Mon Jul 24, 2017 10:03 pm

bokki wrote:plz tell me the finish of ur joke how many zennies....

I don't know that's why I was asking you! :lol2:

It doesn't matter if your club is doing well or not,
remember win and loss is a fantasy the conditioned mind adds to perception,
which I ofcourse for entertainment reasons forget when my team wins :lol2:

btw I never make jokes about self-grasping :heya:
Everyone for President!
fukasetsu

Postby bokki on Sat Aug 05, 2017 8:16 pm

how insidiously impertinent of me!
LOL
ill recall a few jokes my friend shared today
first 1

D LADY AND D DOC, ANOTHER WAY....

"Oh doctor doctor i have this terrible problem of always being late!"
"What r u talking about?"
"Well, like this morning, i was late 4 work..so i called a cab...but i forgot my purse...
so the cab driver graciously said
"well, u ow me, but we can settle it in another way.."
so, it was settled.
but, then i arrived late 2 work.. so my boss said
"Look, if u r going 2 pull such "im late" pranks, we can settle it another way.."

so it was settled
but, then i had no money 2 return home,
so i called d cab man again.
that was settled 2.

but, then, when i returned home,
my husband was there, what a surprise!
but when he handed me my wallet,
i opened it and saw that there was nothing inside!
so i said: "Where is my money?!"
so d dmb fk says:" I really don't care where u spend ur money..my money..
but if u have a problem,
we can settle it in another way.."

so i settled that 2.
Doctor, please, what should i do, im always late!"
Doc: " Well, I could share this with ur husband...or
we can settle it in another way."

b :heya:
Another log on the fire,
10,000 frogs singing in the rain
burst into flames

-Linda Anderson, aka LA Chef
bokki

Postby bokki on Sat Aug 05, 2017 8:43 pm

and of course, while im at it, d second 1(lol)

D FOX AND D TIGER

walking trough d woods, d fox finds a rotting body of a tiger..
but, while looking, senses that some1 else is watching..lol, another big tiger!
so d fox goes:"Iv had enough of u! and now ur rotting! wont eat no more of u!"
so, surprised, d tiger slowly backs of.
but d monkey is watching all this
"Hey, fox, u fool, iv cn it all, and ill tell!!"
fox.."oh well"

so comes d monkey 2 d tiger
"Look, hes nothing, 2 small, y not just eat him up? he pulled a joke on u!"

so d tiger sneaks up 2 d fox
but hearing it,
d fox says:
"I sent that foolish monkey to fetch me that tiger...I really wonder why is the tiger so late?"
and d tiger was happy returning home, no prob 2night..

maybe i laugh 2 much
Another log on the fire,
burst into flames

bokki

Postby bokki on Sat Aug 05, 2017 9:08 pm

and while im at it..well...oh
HIGHWAY WIFE

driving down d highway, with a bit 2 much speed,
in 10 min d car is pulled over by a cop..
"Sir, ur license please!"
"Hm. officer, i forgot it at home.."
Wife:"What is he talking about!!!!????????? Its not renewed 4 6 months now!"
"Sir, i must notice that u r not wearing a seat belt!"
"Yes, but officer.."
Wife:"What?:?? he is telephoning, he drives and ...mobile!! officer!!"
"Sir, i must say its a 60 track, and uv been doing 90!"
"Yes, but officer..."
Wife:"What??!!Officer! He was doing 120! I saw it!"
cop:"Sir, ur free 2 go, uv been punished enough."
Another log on the fire,
burst into flames

bokki

Postby fukasetsu on Wed Aug 23, 2017 1:43 pm

Guo Gu wrote:the valley is wide open!
who wants to play?
jump right in!

Everything looked so tiny from the mountain
I have no more business there
so I'm back to play.
Everyone for President!
fukasetsu

Postby fukasetsu on Wed Aug 23, 2017 4:57 pm

Funny event took place.

I put on my washing machine on a 29 minute program
a few minutes later I did 20 minutes of mountain climbing on the indoor-bike
not long after those 20 minutes the washing machine indicated on the display; 15 minutes left
there "should" have been at least 4-9 minutes left since the biking took about 20-25 minutes but "only" 14 were gone
So you'd almost start to wonder where those missing minutes came from.

Perhaps all valleys are indeed already valleys without an echo, as time in my observation seems to be nothing more then an echo
and there really isn't such a thing as "present-time"

whatever lets play some more.
Everyone for President!
fukasetsu

Postby fukasetsu on Wed Aug 23, 2017 11:02 pm

A whole valley for myself wow
come to think of it no being was here before, perhaps Im the creator of this valley, I'll create a story and the creatures in the story would think they're seperate from the creation, what a clever design. They will worship me for it, like eternity seeking itself only not to be found in a single thing, how clever, that will keep me not being alone anymore. I will design it so that even I forget about it.
Everyone for President!
fukasetsu

Postby Guo Gu on Thu Aug 24, 2017 12:37 am

fuki,
in the abidharma literature, that's how the buddha explained maha brahma came to be worshiped as the so-called "creator." actually he didn't create anyone, but just as he thought "wouldn't the world be nice if there were other beings around," and then suddenly some beings were reborn in jambudvipa. when they arrived, brahma thought, wow i must have created them, and the beings assumed that too.... :lol2:
clever, but samsara doesn't work that way...
guo gu
Founder and teacher of Tallahassee Chan Center of the Dharma Drum Lineage of Chan Buddhism
http://www.tallahasseechan.org/
Received inka from Master Sheng Yen (1930-2009) in 1995
Guo Gu
Teacher

Postby fukasetsu on Thu Aug 24, 2017 11:35 am

I know GG
we're magical beings
never being anywhere or anything fixed
and sometimes everything collapses
being there no world or history of a world
some say "only awareness remains"
but what's the use of that?
even if that is so who's here to say "yes" or "no"?
as a tiny light stirs in the womb of forgetfulness, nothing is drawn toward it, and out of this nothing everything manifests. The why and the how of this, does it even matter? The show continues and each character plays its part, each one forgetting about the original state, how else would we act surprised, whether in cognitive dissonance or broken through the software? In any case there is no finish line or a fixed place to call home, everything which ever was, is, and will be must go. Some might be fearful having nothing to hold one to in the delightful frightful mirror of totality, and some just shrug there shoulders giving it no thought. But I don't want to talk about this anymore for this too will all go, lets enjoy the magic trick and no longer fret about the so called existence or non-existance of it, everything said misses the point anyhow, there's joy in appearing in our empty meat jackets at least if not intoxicated by the mirrorization, and there's joy in simply resting and observing. Let's just play together and be kind and considerate without pretending to know anything about all this. Freedom isn't anything psychological, in full attention there's no conceptual center arising, no room to plant a false flag of a nation or individual annexing this place as if there's anything to own. nothing to hold on to and nothing to let go of, even calling this freedom is like a sly comedians trick. There's nothing to figure out or to do, it's a miracle we all appear in this valley, there's no face to recognize here and no minds to meet. I do love you and all beings, I don't understand why that is or how it works, for calling it all myself seems to be another fixation of the One. But it does not matter. It's enough for me. I have a garden to attend to now there will be 2 humans and their usual cognitive dissonance, they fight a lot and then make up, they call it "love" but I think they're confused. I look forward to meeting the cats, birds, spiders and all who happen to cross my path, it's good company. It's amazing how nothing ever happens. Words like samsara, nirvana have lost their meaning. I live a simple life, anything else is a superimposition on the simple fact that we're alive. Have a good day. :)
Everyone for President!
fukasetsu

Postby desert_woodworker on Thu Aug 24, 2017 2:55 pm

Marcel, et al.,

fukasetsu wrote:Words like samsara, nirvana have lost their meaning. I live a simple life, anything else is a superimposition on the simple fact that we're alive.

That is an excellent point at which to pick up Ch'an-, or Zen-, or Son-, or Thien-Buddhist practice with a teacher and sangha, and stay with it at least five years before deciding whether to stay with it for longer than that. My most devout suggestion and wish,

:O:

--Joe
desert_woodworker

Postby bokki on Thu Aug 24, 2017 3:43 pm

fuki!
fuki!!
joe!
i just wish,
when coming down d mountain
ur hands r clean..clean...and open
or just sit 4 a while more
on d mountain

a talent is seen
any advice from me would b 2 much

but how bout
settling ur eggs in d main chicks basket?
=
fuki, there is a soft spot from a biggy, USE IT, USE IT.
im sry
im out of line

ZFI! lol id wait in que 4 u l,llloo90llll
b :heya:
Another log on the fire,
burst into flames

bokki

Postby desert_woodworker on Thu Aug 24, 2017 3:56 pm

I think Fuki has a Teacher in Guo Gu.

Hoping they can meet and mingle and practice in three-dimensions or more, not just here in two.

"Face-to-face" is the Z. Buddhist way.

--Joe
desert_woodworker

Postby Guo Gu on Thu Aug 24, 2017 4:55 pm

fukasetsu wrote:I know GG
we're magical beings
never being anywhere or anything fixed
and sometimes everything collapses
being there no world or history of a world
some say "only awareness remains"
but what's the use of that?
even if that is so who's here to say "yes" or "no"?
as a tiny light stirs in the womb of forgetfulness, nothing is drawn toward it, and out of this nothing everything manifests. The why and the how of this, does it even matter? The show continues and each character plays its part, each one forgetting about the original state, how else would we act surprised, whether in cognitive dissonance or broken through the software? In any case there is no finish line or a fixed place to call home, everything which ever was, is, and will be must go. Some might be fearful having nothing to hold one to in the delightful frightful mirror of totality, and some just shrug there shoulders giving it no thought. But I don't want to talk about this anymore for this too will all go, lets enjoy the magic trick and no longer fret about the so called existence or non-existance of it, everything said misses the point anyhow, there's joy in appearing in our empty meat jackets at least if not intoxicated by the mirrorization, and there's joy in simply resting and observing. Let's just play together and be kind and considerate without pretending to know anything about all this. Freedom isn't anything psychological, in full attention there's no conceptual center arising, no room to plant a false flag of a nation or individual annexing this place as if there's anything to own. nothing to hold on to and nothing to let go of, even calling this freedom is like a sly comedians trick. There's nothing to figure out or to do, it's a miracle we all appear in this valley, there's no face to recognize here and no minds to meet. I do love you and all beings, I don't understand why that is or how it works, for calling it all myself seems to be another fixation of the One. But it does not matter. It's enough for me. I have a garden to attend to now there will be 2 humans and their usual cognitive dissonance, they fight a lot and then make up, they call it "love" but I think they're confused. I look forward to meeting the cats, birds, spiders and all who happen to cross my path, it's good company. It's amazing how nothing ever happens. Words like samsara, nirvana have lost their meaning. I live a simple life, anything else is a superimposition on the simple fact that we're alive. Have a good day. :)

like i've said in the past, there's just one thing you lack.
when i see you in october, let's see if there's conditions to knock some sense into you. :ninja:
smiles,
guo gu
Founder and teacher of Tallahassee Chan Center of the Dharma Drum Lineage of Chan Buddhism
http://www.tallahasseechan.org/
Received inka from Master Sheng Yen (1930-2009) in 1995
Guo Gu
Teacher

Postby fukasetsu on Thu Aug 24, 2017 6:25 pm

Guo Gu wrote:like i've said in the past, there's just one thing you lack.
when i see you in october, let's see if there's conditions to knock some sense into you. :ninja:
smiles,
guo gu

:)

speaking of conditions, weather conditions will be a challenge, at 50% of those temperatures I already struggle physically, not to mention the crazy humidity there. I'm a constant pool of sweat and I hope this wont distract anyone but it's beyond my control. Heating is not the issue but I cannot lose heat, might be a few days of headaches but that's fine.

about knocking sense into me, is there any time for that?
There will be many ppl right and I have no questions so I'll be the last to ask for your attention apart from a smile and a handshake, ah we'll see things never go the way we expect them to anyway.
Everyone for President!
fukasetsu

Postby fukasetsu on Thu Aug 24, 2017 6:31 pm

desert_woodworker wrote:I think Fuki has a Teacher in Guo Gu.

Hoping they can meet and mingle and practice in three-dimensions or more, not just here in two.

"Face-to-face" is the Z. Buddhist way.

--Joe

I enjoy face to face Joe, just working in the garden I learned a lot from the head-gardener I love those situations, I learn to make mistakes and see them and then do the job right, but when there's a group it often is a distraction for everyone start sticking their noses into your job while they have their own jobs to do. Also in a group everyone has their own set skills, and the head of the group doesnt have time to take each one according to their skills and condition, so you get a talk or practise for a whole bunch of ppl with 1 message. I would love to live with a master 24/7 perhaps Im romantizising thngs, but I work best one on one being in the presence of a Master instead of a group of various "levels" of understanding and potential.
Everyone for President!
fukasetsu

Postby fukasetsu on Thu Aug 24, 2017 6:34 pm

bokki wrote:a talent is seen

Bokki-man, I see wisdom in you I wish you would discard the noise around it and master it to your full potential.
All those lols and scattered words do not fool me :heya:
Everyone for President!
fukasetsu

Postby desert_woodworker on Thu Aug 24, 2017 6:35 pm

Last edited by desert_woodworker on Thu Aug 24, 2017 6:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
desert_woodworker

Postby desert_woodworker on Thu Aug 24, 2017 6:42 pm

Marcel,

fukasetsu wrote:...but I work best one on one being in the presence of a Master instead of a group of various "levels" of understanding and potential.

Good.

In a Zen Buddhist sangha, it's not up to the practitioner to assert how and when and where one "works best". In fact, that would be inimical to practice. "best" also means nothing in the Dharma-realm. It's clearly also an attachment, so, "bye-bye" to it on Day-One, please. ;)

Sangha is one of the three jewels. If you work with a teacher, you work with all three jewels. It's just a fact.

This may not be at all what you mean, though. But you also don't know yet on what grounds one works with sangha, when one works. This can all be filled-in, if you make a start, ...and continue. You'll find out.

Again, I'm talking about Zen Buddhist practice. Not anything else. So, not to be confused (neither you, nor others).

--Joe
desert_woodworker

Postby fukasetsu on Thu Aug 24, 2017 6:48 pm

desert_woodworker wrote:Marcel, et al.,

fukasetsu wrote:Words like samsara, nirvana have lost their meaning. I live a simple life, anything else is a superimposition on the simple fact that we're alive.

That is an excellent point at which to pick up Ch'an-, or Zen-, or Son-, or Thien-Buddhist practice with a teacher and sangha, and stay with it at least five years before deciding whether to stay with it for longer than that. My most devout suggestion and wish,

:O:

--Joe

Joe,
I used to think practise resulted in conditions but it seems more the other way around. A few months ago I decided to stop drinking but more importantly told my friends that I dont allow alcohol in my house anymore, so now I only meet them for coffee. I had no idea this would have such a big effect.

Therefore I think just being in the presence of the "awakened" or practisioners leads to practise and favourable conditions.
On the other hand (forgive me for entertaining what might be superfluous because I have no proof) a bike ride of 12km usually takes me 25 minutes, but today I did it in 5 which is physically impossible. Interpenetrating timelines? who knows we might be practising in more then 3 dimensions already.

Last weeks siddhis have been many, last night a neighbour walked past my window and instantly I was the neighbour looking at myself. Not new to me this happened all the time when I was a kid, I should have not told my mom would saved me a lot of of brain doctors and other doctors who found nothing and luckily I refused all medicine they prescribed me.

But lately a lot of those events have been occuring again, and its not special to me just another proof that mind cannot be used to get something from mind. Im effortlessly in full attention last weeks, I cant even call it practise, its just one unfolding mystery and whatever happens or not is fine by me. Everything's chill and serene just breathing and enjoying my cats, last werk the sense of me petting them, the way my touch and their hair feels is like Ive never felt in 40 years and sometimes I even become the thing Im looking at or are touching, I have no questions it seems perfectly normal, interesting though what a difference "attention" gives.
Everyone for President!
fukasetsu

Postby fukasetsu on Thu Aug 24, 2017 6:50 pm

desert_woodworker wrote:Good.

In a Zen Buddhist sangha, it's not up to the practitioner to assert how and when and where one "works best". In fact, that would be inimical to practice. "best" also means nothing in the Dharma-realm. It's clearly also an attachment, so, "bye-bye" to it on Day-One, please. ;)

Sangha is one of the three jewels. If you work with a teacher, you work with all three jewels. It's just a fact.

This may not be at all what you mean, though. But you also don't know yet on what grounds one works with sangha, when one works. This can all be filled-in, if you make a start, ...and continue. You'll find out.

Again, I'm talking about Zen Buddhist practice. Not anything else. So, not to be confused (neither you, nor others).

--Joe

Thanks Joe, all clear :)
Everyone for President!
fukasetsu

PreviousNext

Return to Fun and Games