Welcome admin !

It is currently Mon Jun 26, 2017 12:59 pm
Pathway:  Board index General Discussion Forum and Lounge Fun and Games

play

Re: play

Postby Jojo on Thu Feb 25, 2016 11:27 pm

nincompoop - nice word. I looked up its etymology and found even more great words:

From Latin non compos mentis ‎(“not of sound mind”).
Synonyms: (foolish person): dunderhead, fop, fool, imbecile, fuckwit

aha, ok :)
Jojo

Postby fukasetsu on Fri Feb 26, 2016 2:58 pm

desert_woodworker wrote:Here in U.S.A, there are worries of nincompoops becoming President.

Funny thing about that is if he doesn't become President, many will be relieved, but not long after people will start to worry about the one in charge who did become it (perhaps even worse), a good politician seems to be a contradiction in terms.

In any way, when will you guys ever kill the whole Democrats vs Republicans thingy, just all be independents, and kill the lobbying perhaps? :PP:

Whoever wins, it's always in bad taste, corrupt, nothing to cheer about in my view.
Mijn Oude Vriend uit de woestijn begrijpt geen Nederlands. <3
fukasetsu

Postby fukasetsu on Fri Feb 26, 2016 3:00 pm

Guo Gu wrote:hope you all are well...
guo gu

Always Sir, always.
Hope you are too.
fukasetsu

Postby Guo Gu on Sun Feb 28, 2016 3:17 am

iag.... my friend.
gg
Founder and teacher of Tallahassee Chan Center of the Dharma Drum Lineage of Chan Buddhism
http://www.tallahasseechan.com/
Received inka from Master Sheng Yen (1930-2009) in 1995
Guo Gu
Teacher

Postby partofit22 on Sun Feb 28, 2016 8:45 am

fukasetsu wrote:
desert_woodworker wrote:Here in U.S.A, there are worries of nincompoops becoming President.

Funny thing about that is if he doesn't become President, many will be relieved, but not long after people will start to worry about the one in charge who did become it (perhaps even worse), a good politician seems to be a contradiction in terms.

In any way, when will you guys ever kill the whole Democrats vs Republicans thingy, just all be independents, and kill the lobbying perhaps? :PP:

Whoever wins, it's always in bad taste, corrupt, nothing to cheer about in my view.

I'm not concerned so much about who wins or what will happen after they do because so much is happening right now- Opium production is up so heroin overdoses are on the rise as well as gun related violence- But I do think having only two main parties as we do creates a lot of political polarization, which is nothing to cheer about..
partofit22

Postby Avisitor on Mon Feb 29, 2016 5:58 am

There has never been more desire to have (someone voted in to be president that would bring about) a positive change
It started with (George Washington, in the beginning and now it is with Obama) me?. Who keeps doing the same thing and expecting different outcome?
Yeah, that's me. But, guess it takes a long time before the outcome will be different? So, do I abandon this conduct for something else?
Or, do I continue and wait for a change to happen.

Oh, wait, what were we talking about again?
Practice or voting for president??
Disclaimer: There is no intent to be offensive in my posts. None was intended and none should be interpreted as such.
Sorry, got a message that I was not being PC.
Avisitor

Postby fukasetsu on Mon Feb 29, 2016 10:47 am

partofit22 wrote:I'm not concerned so much about who wins or what will happen after they do because so much is happening right now- Opium production is up so heroin overdoses are on the rise as well as gun related violence- But I do think having only two main parties as we do creates a lot of political polarization, which is nothing to cheer about..

Yeah we currently have all seats divided between 16 parties or fractions, not that we don't suffer from indecisions but that's because we don't have a clue what to do, it's not because we are boycotting each other due to party politics. It's the same here, they talk endlessly what needs to be done before the elections, but once elected it's indecision time, or making the wrong decision time, but I guess that's a global phenomena in every country.
fukasetsu

Postby bokki on Sun Jun 25, 2017 10:30 am

i found this a few weeks ago on the net..i still laugh when i re)member( it

Kung Fu is the art of trying to find the best position to get into while taking an ass beating. That's why I quit Kung Fu! My Teacher made me think I was invincible with his fake punches and kicks so I went out and started a fight with one of those guys at that muscle beach place in Cali, that's when I learned the best fighting style for me was "crouching tiger hidden foot up my ass". I went back to that Kung Fu school and got my money back. They were handing out black belt like candy in that damn place. How did I get my money back you ask? After that muscle beach guy kicked my ass into a permanent purple state he felt sorry for my purple ass and offered to help get my money back. Take it from a Kung Fu Grand Master after 6 weeks of intense training, that shit is fake!!!
:heya:
bokki

Postby Guo Gu on Sun Jun 25, 2017 4:44 pm

kung fu... that reminds me of meditation. it is also useless if one can't integrate it to life. :lol2:

i hope everyone's doing well these days, despite the ups and downs and calamities in our sociopolitical world.

be well,
guo gu
Founder and teacher of Tallahassee Chan Center of the Dharma Drum Lineage of Chan Buddhism
http://www.tallahasseechan.com/
Received inka from Master Sheng Yen (1930-2009) in 1995
Guo Gu
Teacher

Postby bokki on Sun Jun 25, 2017 4:48 pm

lol Roshi, i was just reading this thread and wanted to post look at a muscle beach guy purpling asses on the first pages, lool, thank you

be well
b
bokki

Postby bokki on Sun Jun 25, 2017 4:58 pm

LOL this is y zfi rocks!
bokki

Postby bokki on Sun Jun 25, 2017 7:57 pm

LOL LOL LOL ROSHI, how u managed to post such a simple answer only just a few min b4 i started posting about the muscle guy beating some1ns ass into a permanent purple state on the beginning pages of this thread, is beyond me, and i thought i see 2 much, and so kept my eyes lowered, lol thnx 4 this again LOL, some muscles, LOL
Thank You :rbow:
bokki

Previous

Return to Fun and Games