Welcome admin !

It is currently Mon Jul 24, 2017 9:47 pm
Pathway:  Board index General Discussion Forum and Lounge Fun and Games

Bodhisattvic Job-Security (or Not)

Re: Bodhisattvic Job-Security (or Not)

Postby fukasetsu on Fri Apr 01, 2016 1:03 am

Linda, Av....there's an irony here...and it's you!

the people vs fuki please...leave Joe be :lol2:

ps great tv serie btw (ppl vs OJ)
Mijn Oude Vriend uit de woestijn begrijpt geen Nederlands. <3
fukasetsu

Postby desert_woodworker on Fri Apr 01, 2016 2:35 am

Fuki for Vice President! :daisy:

--Joe

:lol2:
desert_woodworker

Postby Avisitor on Fri Apr 01, 2016 4:31 am

Oddly enough the topic title is Bodhisattvic Job-Security (or not).
What are the vows again?

"Sentient beings are numberless,
I vow to save them."

"Desires are inexhaustible,
I vow to put an end to them."

"The Dharmas are boundless,
I vow to master them."

"The Buddha Way is unattainable,
I vow to attain it."

Joe must have taken these vows at some time??
Why wouldn't there be Job-Security?

It is obvious that Joe has read the situation incorrectly and now Fuki comes to the rescue.
To rescue who? From what?
Another who has read the situation incorrectly.

So little Bodhisattvic, here I am ... sentient being waiting to be saved
Why run away, now??
Disclaimer: There is no intent to be offensive in my posts. None was intended and none should be interpreted as such.
Sorry, got a message that I was not being PC.
Avisitor

Postby desert_woodworker on Fri Apr 01, 2016 5:58 am

Av,

Very funny. Fine. Carry on with the April Fool's Day stuff. It fits this Fun and Games area perfectly. Don't think we're not aware of the calendar date! :tongueincheek:

Avisitor wrote:Why run away, now??

Right. Save yourself!

sunyata.jpg

Buddha on his death-bed said, "Work out your own salvation with diligence."

Some Christians (?) say, "God helps those who help themselves."

buddha_parinirvana.jpg

Readers, (t)read carefully for the next 24 hours, at least! Caution! ;)

--Joe
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
desert_woodworker

Postby partofit22 on Fri Apr 01, 2016 12:38 pm

partofit22

Postby desert_woodworker on Fri Apr 01, 2016 3:39 pm

Thanks, Teresa!

And, speaking of England... . Well, English Philologists today have announced a major discovery, the first of its kind in millennia.

Using various research tools, a new letter of the alphabet has been discovered.

Speaking for the Society of Allied Philologists (SAP), Dr. Lirpa Loof announced today that there had been slight indications of the additional letter for some time, but last week incontrovertible signs made its existence certain. After confirmations by other philological societies worldwide, it is now possible to state with certainty that there are in fact 27 letters of the alphabet.

Again speaking on behalf of the SAP, Dr. Loof states that the new letter is located between the letters p and q.

The new letter has yet to be named, and committees worldwide have already begun deliberations and consultations as to what it will be called, and how written. Tech and IT groups plan to convene to deliberate and decide which ASCII code to assign to the new letter, in consultation with ISO and ANSI groups.

Implications of the new discovery are of course enormous.

All keyboards, as a result of the discovery, are now obsolete, and the "QWERTY" layout of keys on keyboards worldwide will need redesign. Typists will have to be retrained. Gregg Shorthand will need an update, and shall have to include a new scrawl.

With access to this new letter, poets should now be able to express even more, and perhaps with fewer words. Haiku writers should especially be favored by access and utilization of the new letter, although this is yet to be seen. Ticker symbols of publicly-traded companies in stock exchanges can now be more varied, and numerous, and this should boost business, and economies, worldwide. Parents will happily have many more names to choose from when they name their babies.

On the heels of this discovery, Shakespeare historians are now also collectively breathing a sigh of relief that the new letter was discovered only recently, and not before or during Shakespeare's time. Had the letter been known in Shakespeare's era, its presence would have resulted in that roomful of anonymous monkeys taking much longer to type all of Shakespeare, so much longer that they could not possibly have completed their task by the current time. Thus, Shakespeare might never have become known to the world. Or else, by the time he could become known, no one would understand such archaic speech any longer, so many millennia in the future would it be that the monkeys could possibly finish. Thus, the monkeys' writing would be considered gibberish, and Shakespeare would go unrecognized, no matter what.

This is a discovery with many "up" sides, and a few down sides.

Until redesigned keyboards can be manufactured, interim solutions are being considered. Probably, a one-button USB peripheral will be released to augment any obsolete keyboard, so that owners of all today's obsolete computers and keyboards can invoke and include the new letter in any typing they do, just by leaning to the side and tapping the single- character key plugged into their machine's USB port when needed to include it in text.

Some hackers are considering "re-purposing" the "Z" key on keyboards, but Zen Buddhists and Zoroastrians can be counted on to object to such disrespectful tinkering, on religious grounds (and Zymurgists on tipsy grounds).

A final word from Dr. Lirpa Loof was, "Please interview me again next week, and I will be sure to use the new letter in our conversation at that time. Oh, and be certain you've upgraded your keyboard by then, so you can quote me correctly."

--Joe (Reporting from U.S.A. / Some Rights reversed)

(end)
desert_woodworker

Postby partofit22 on Fri Apr 01, 2016 5:34 pm

12916227_902171993228323_2843915712677731021_o.jpg

:tee:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
partofit22

Postby desert_woodworker on Fri Apr 01, 2016 5:47 pm

Teresa,

I see that the fellow is preparing his taxes there on the table. No wonder he's slumped, and sullen.

BTW, a Zen Buddhist teacher has said that a Zen Buddhist teacher's life is one long mistake. I hope not! ;)

But that gets back to the topic of this thread... . :tongueincheek:

--Joe
desert_woodworker

Postby Avisitor on Sat Apr 02, 2016 5:32 am

It is amazing how complete the delusion that beauty is goodness corrupts perception.
Disclaimer: There is no intent to be offensive in my posts. None was intended and none should be interpreted as such.
Avisitor

Postby partofit22 on Sat Apr 02, 2016 2:08 pm

desert_woodworker wrote:Teresa,

I see that the fellow is preparing his taxes there on the table. No wonder he's slumped, and sullen.

BTW, a Zen Buddhist teacher has said that a Zen Buddhist teacher's life is one long mistake. I hope not! ;)

But that gets back to the topic of this thread... . :tongueincheek:

--Joe

Buffoonery will always be in need of employment and always employed = Job- Security (or Not) :)
partofit22

Postby partofit22 on Sat Apr 02, 2016 2:11 pm

Avisitor wrote:It is amazing how complete the delusion that beauty is goodness corrupts perception.

Can what is be argued?
partofit22

Postby desert_woodworker on Sat Apr 02, 2016 2:47 pm

Hiya, P., Teresa (do you use an "h" in Teresa?),

partofit22 wrote:Buffoonery will always be in need of employment and always employed = Job- Security (or Not) :)

Maybe so, but I hope this doesn't mean that Trump is going to be hired as president! :tongueincheek:

(hope you had a fun April Fool's Day).

--Joe
desert_woodworker

Postby Avisitor on Sun Apr 03, 2016 4:20 am

partofit22 wrote:
Avisitor wrote:It is amazing how complete the delusion that beauty is goodness corrupts perception.

Can what is be argued?

Yes and be futile
No and be wiser
Avisitor

Postby desert_woodworker on Sun Apr 03, 2016 3:04 pm

hi Av,

Avisitor wrote:His journey was at an end?????
I don't understand this.
Please explain??

Just omit that final phrase ( -- snip). It's merely a coda. The rest of the quote is what bears on the topic.

(As you may know, Shakyamuni no longer had to pound pavement to-and-fro' his five teachers, then, nor to seek others. He had woken up!, and no one else in the world could possibly do him any more good. And, he would have no more Human incarnations, nor incarnations of any sort. Sorry you missed the window of opportunity to consult with the author, though. And, me too: I wanted to thank him. May he rest in deepest samadhi... , Low Roshi, Dai Osho).

:coffee:,

--J.

Low_Roshi.jpg
desert_woodworker

Postby fukasetsu on Mon Apr 04, 2016 9:07 pm

No, things are never the way you think they are.

Everything always is about how we respond to things (despite if we see it clearly or not), it's always been like that and it will always be like that.

And that applies to your direct enviroment, whatever you see 24/7 at work, in the supermarket, on the news whatever... that's why everything is a blessing, everything is a (the) teacher.

But out of habit 99.99999% of ppl's focus lies elsewhere, always pointing away, make no mistake about that!

It's all a prop giving to you to come to realization, but still you choose to remain blind, don't you see that everything is a blessing and that it's all for YOU, the good and the bad. ;)
fukasetsu

Postby fukasetsu on Mon Apr 04, 2016 9:50 pm

Why run away, now??

Why imprison yourself?

It is obvious that Joe has read the situation incorrectly and now Fuki comes to the rescue.

Joe, Fuki... sounds like interesting characters but it doesn't ring a bell...

So what is it about? :heya:
Last edited by fukasetsu on Mon Apr 04, 2016 10:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
fukasetsu

Postby fukasetsu on Mon Apr 04, 2016 9:53 pm

partofit22 wrote:Can what is be argued?

Aha! ;)
(Mahamudra)

:Namaste:
fukasetsu

Postby Avisitor on Tue Apr 05, 2016 2:41 am

fukasetsu wrote:

No, things are never the way you think they are.

I always thought you were a nice person and very intelligent.
Now you tell me that it is not so?? ... hahaha :heya:

fukasetsu wrote:
Why run away, now??

Why imprison yourself?

Why? Would you like to join me?

fukasetsu wrote:

Joe, Fuki... sounds like interesting characters but it doesn't ring a bell...

So what is it about? :heya:

Yes, certainly they are characters ... :hugs:

desert_woodworker wrote:hi Av,

Just omit that final phrase ( -- snip). It's merely a coda. The rest of the quote is what bears on the topic.

:coffee:

--J.

How nice it is now to talk at the level of common understanding
A brother talks with his brother at the level of his understanding so that both can rise above murky waters
:coffee:
Avisitor

Postby desert_woodworker on Tue Apr 05, 2016 4:47 am

Avisitor wrote:How nice it is now to talk at the level of common understanding

Don't be too quick to accept. Stay open. I gave my opinion. The author might not have agreed (I think I've interpreted him accurately. But for my purposes in this thread, that final phrase in the quote from the late Low Roshi which you have highlighted is superfluous, even though it still carries valid meaning. And your interest in it is also justified. But, it's just irrelevant to the thread).

--Joe
desert_woodworker

Postby Avisitor on Tue Apr 05, 2016 5:01 am

desert_woodworker wrote:Don't be too quick to accept. Stay open. I gave my opinion .... But, it's just irrelevant to the thread).

--Joe

A quick disclaimer
In truth, most just listen to what they want to hear and disregards the rest.
What were you saying about it being in Fun and Games??
Avisitor

PreviousNext

Return to Fun and Games