Welcome admin !

It is currently Fri Aug 18, 2017 4:03 am
Pathway:  Board index General Discussion Forum and Lounge Fun and Games

Video - How To Be Ultra Spiritual

Video - How To Be Ultra Spiritual

Postby Gregory Wonderwheel on Sat Oct 18, 2014 10:29 pm



This has some good bits and helps us remember to be aware of how others may be hearing what we say.

_/|\_
Gregory
Why you do not understand is because the three carts were provisional for former times, and because the One Vehicle is true for the present time. ~ Zen Master 6th Ancestor Huineng
User avatar
Gregory Wonderwheel
Global Moderator
 
Posts: 4248
Joined: Wed Feb 04, 2009 3:07 am
Location: Santa Rosa, California

Re: Video - How To Be Ultra Spiritual

Postby lobster on Sun Oct 19, 2014 2:19 pm

Thanks for that Greg. Some useful tips . . . :heya:

Hopefully the 'Be more Zen' video is in preparation but will never be posted as that would be unZen . . . :cry:
User avatar
lobster
 
Posts: 436
Joined: Thu Oct 18, 2012 12:01 am

Re: Video - How To Be Ultra Spiritual

Postby fukasetsu on Sun Oct 19, 2014 5:33 pm

Gregory Wonderwheel wrote:This has some good bits and helps us remember to be aware of how others may be hearing what we say.


Just say fuck a lot to balance stuff out.

ps no such thing as spirituality, all that is, is simply the play of the elements.
my spirituality is nothing and even the word nothing is not, so there's no spirituality left.
No reason to make funny videos just for the tendency to mock people disguised as "helping" - just another vasana.
Differences are never in opposition.
User avatar
fukasetsu
 
Posts: 7008
Joined: Fri Feb 06, 2009 12:17 am
Location: The Netherlands

Re: Video - How To Be Ultra Spiritual

Postby Gregory Wonderwheel on Sun Oct 19, 2014 7:06 pm

fukasetsu wrote: all that is, is simply the play of the elements.


That is a good Taoist statement. :<.<:
Not a Zen statement. :O:

_/|\_
Gregory
Why you do not understand is because the three carts were provisional for former times, and because the One Vehicle is true for the present time. ~ Zen Master 6th Ancestor Huineng
User avatar
Gregory Wonderwheel
Global Moderator
 
Posts: 4248
Joined: Wed Feb 04, 2009 3:07 am
Location: Santa Rosa, California

Re: Video - How To Be Ultra Spiritual

Postby fukasetsu on Sun Oct 19, 2014 10:45 pm

Gregory Wonderwheel wrote:Not a Zen statement. :O:


That very saying is also just a play of the elements, there's no reality to "good taoist - not zen"

It's arbitrary, just as "good wife" "good child" just now in a mental picture we call "Zen"
Differences are never in opposition.
User avatar
fukasetsu
 
Posts: 7008
Joined: Fri Feb 06, 2009 12:17 am
Location: The Netherlands

Re: Video - How To Be Ultra Spiritual

Postby Gregory Wonderwheel on Sun Oct 19, 2014 11:15 pm

fukasetsu wrote:
Gregory Wonderwheel wrote:Not a Zen statement. :O:


That very saying is also just a play of the elements, there's no reality to "good taoist - not zen"

It's arbitrary, just as "good wife" "good child" just now in a mental picture we call "Zen"


I'm wondering why a person who says "there's no reality" to another person's comments would be interested in talking with other people at all.

The word arbitrary can simply mean a neutral "choice," as in it was arbitrary that we turned on the computer this afternoon, or it can be derogatory and used to claim another person's choices are capricious, unreasonable, unsupported, despotic, or tyrannical. So unless you say other wise I'll assume the use of the word arbitrary just meant that I chose to type a response last night, without any other suggested motive or intent. Yes, I chose to say that the comment about elements is a good Taoist comment but not a Zen comment.

_/|\_
Gregory

_/|\_
Gregory
Why you do not understand is because the three carts were provisional for former times, and because the One Vehicle is true for the present time. ~ Zen Master 6th Ancestor Huineng
User avatar
Gregory Wonderwheel
Global Moderator
 
Posts: 4248
Joined: Wed Feb 04, 2009 3:07 am
Location: Santa Rosa, California

Re: Video - How To Be Ultra Spiritual

Postby MattJ on Tue Oct 21, 2014 3:21 pm

[youtube]www.youtube.com/embed/4KXidr0z1RY[/youtube]

Written form:

http://www.lifewithoutacentre.com/essays-transcripts/the-advaita-trap-a-one-act-play/
User avatar
MattJ
 
Posts: 426
Joined: Mon Jul 13, 2009 1:16 am
Location: Louisville, CO

Re: Video - How To Be Ultra Spiritual

Postby Chrisd on Wed Oct 22, 2014 2:27 pm

fukasetsu wrote:Just say fuck a lot to balance stuff out.

Seems to work yeah :lol2:
Chrisd
 
Posts: 2293
Joined: Thu Jan 26, 2012 5:49 pm

Re: Video - How To Be Ultra Spiritual

Postby fukasetsu on Sat Oct 25, 2014 12:28 am

Chrisd wrote:
fukasetsu wrote:Just say fuck a lot to balance stuff out.

Seems to work yeah :lol2:


"Fuck" is a great teaching indeed, doesn't (have to) mean indifference, but "beyond" of all the prattle of those who see this and that and declaim to be beyond "all that", or in the middle or whatever mental picture one entertains, usu(sometimelessly)ally FUCK speaks louder then words.. errr or some pretty picture
Differences are never in opposition.
User avatar
fukasetsu
 
Posts: 7008
Joined: Fri Feb 06, 2009 12:17 am
Location: The Netherlands

Re: Video - How To Be Ultra Spiritual

Postby fukasetsu on Sat Oct 25, 2014 12:35 am

Gregory Wonderwheel wrote:I'm wondering why a person who says "there's no reality" to another person's comments would be interested in talking with other people at all.



Greg, there would be no wondering if we spoke more, I have plenty of interest in talking to "others" it happens spontaneous all of the time, but it takes time to "know one and another" so lets leave the dwelling/wondering be for the moment, sticky words.
Differences are never in opposition.
User avatar
fukasetsu
 
Posts: 7008
Joined: Fri Feb 06, 2009 12:17 am
Location: The Netherlands

Re: Video - How To Be Ultra Spiritual

Postby lobster on Sun May 31, 2015 4:10 am

I'm wondering why a person who says "there's no reality" to another person's comments would be interested in talking with other people at all.


:EEK:

As we all know hugs take many forms :hugs:

:blah: from emoticons of me talking to myself to others :rbow: bowing to others :dance: noise

:ghug: we all have our place in the 'circle of life' which I believe is part of Disney Zen :lool:
User avatar
lobster
 
Posts: 436
Joined: Thu Oct 18, 2012 12:01 am

Re: Video - How To Be Ultra Spiritual

Postby Michaeljc on Sun May 31, 2015 4:20 am

I hadn't seen this before. I love it ! :lol2:
User avatar
Michaeljc
 
Posts: 3658
Joined: Fri May 06, 2011 3:36 pm
Location: Raglan New Zealand


Return to Fun and Games

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

cron
 
RocketTheme Joomla Templates

Who is online

In total there is 1 user online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 1 guest (based on users active over the past 5 minutes)
Most users ever online was 157 on Mon Sep 19, 2016 8:44 am

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest