Welcome admin !

It is currently Mon Oct 23, 2017 12:30 pm
Pathway:  Board index Zen Discussion Forum Zen Practice & Philosophy Sutras & Zen Records

Shidō Munan's Sokushin-ki

For discussions focused on Sutras and Zen texts, old and new.

Shidō Munan's Sokushin-ki

Postby WuMing on Sun May 31, 2015 9:07 pm

Hello,

does anybody have the translation by Norman Waddell & Kobori Sōhaku of Shidō Munan's Sokushin-ki and is willing to share it?

The translation appeared in the journal of The Eastern Buddhist Society in 1970-71.

Any format would be appreciated very much!

gassho,
WuMing
WuMing

Re: Shidō Munan's Sokushin-ki

Postby Ted Biringer on Mon Jun 01, 2015 9:35 pm

WuMing wrote:Hello,

does anybody have the translation by Norman Waddell & Kobori Sōhaku of Shidō Munan's Sokushin-ki and is willing to share it?

The translation appeared in the journal of The Eastern Buddhist Society in 1970-71.

Any format would be appreciated very much!

gassho,
WuMing

Hello WuMing,

I have the EB with the first half (vol.2 Oct. 1970). It runs about 30 pages, which I would rather not scan (or type!) in full. I would be willing to input a page or two if there is a particular section you are looking for.

Treasure yourself,
Ted
Do not misunderstand Buddhism by believing the erroneous principle ‘a special tradition outside the scriptures.’ Zen Master Dogen, Shobogenzo, Bukkyo (trans. Hee-Jin Kim)
Ted Biringer Author The Flatbed Sutra
Ted Biringer

Return to Sutras & Zen Records