Welcome admin !

It is currently Tue Jun 27, 2017 3:00 pm
Pathway:  Board index Resources Library Pali & Early Buddhist Texts & Literature

suttacentral

suttacentral

Postby littletsu on Thu Oct 16, 2014 4:34 pm

Have found no thread here about this, so I am posting. It's been almost a 10 year project.

http://www.suttacentral.net

"SuttaCentral aims at facilitating the study of Buddhist texts from comparative and historical perspectives. It focuses on the texts that represent “Early Buddhism”, texts preserved not only in the Pali Sutta and Vinaya Piṭakas but also in Chinese and Tibetan translations and in fragmentary remains in Sanskrit and other languages."
合うは別れの始めだ。
有燈就有人。
littletsu

Re: suttacentral

Postby Ted Biringer on Fri Oct 17, 2014 1:39 am

littletsu wrote:Have found no thread here about this, so I am posting. It's been almost a 10 year project.

http://www.suttacentral.net

"SuttaCentral aims at facilitating the study of Buddhist texts from comparative and historical perspectives. It focuses on the texts that represent “Early Buddhism”, texts preserved not only in the Pali Sutta and Vinaya Piṭakas but also in Chinese and Tibetan translations and in fragmentary remains in Sanskrit and other languages."

Dear littlesu,

Thank you for the post. What a great resource!

Three Full Bows.
Ted
Do not misunderstand Buddhism by believing the erroneous principle ‘a special tradition outside the scriptures.’ Zen Master Dogen, Shobogenzo, Bukkyo (trans. Hee-Jin Kim)
Ted Biringer Author The Flatbed Sutra
Ted Biringer

Postby Jok_Hae on Thu Oct 23, 2014 10:39 pm

wow, that's really comprehensive! thanks for posting that :peace:
You make, you get

New Haven Zen Center
Jok_Hae

Postby Iaznir on Sat Oct 25, 2014 11:48 am

Wonderful project, all the best with it. I just cannot read it but I've found lots of Wutras on the internet. Maybe one day I will be able to, I do not know now.

Greetings to all.

:Namaste:
There is nothing in here.
Iaznir

Return to Pali & Early Buddhist Texts & Literature